Liverpool vs kaiserslautern - Televised coverage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby coddy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:55 pm

robbo1982 wrote:
coddy wrote:
LFCFan4Life wrote:
fanatic dee wrote:Poor match, gotta remember Kaiserslautern are further advanced in their pre season. What was Pepe Reina doing playing centre midfield?
Goalkeepers eh, liked his attempt from a Bellamy pull back.
Seemed to me we just treated this game like an end of training kick about.
Jack Hobbs did n't get much help from Traore, best thing to do is not show potential buyers what sort of form he's in we'll never get rid of him. Typically poor performance, severe lack of confidence.
???

Honestly who gives a f#ck how the performance was? It's a pre-season friendly and the objective is to gain fitness and sharpness by playing.

We ran out of options so Benitez put on Reina for a bit of fun, even he was having a laugh.  :no

Thats why i raised the good points, it may have been a $hit game. but its all match practice at the end of the day. it was a poor "stadium" with :censored: commentry though

its better than watchin on that joke .tv season ticket

why what was so bad about it?
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:56 pm

RAFA FACING ANXIOUS WAIT OVER INJURIES

Rafael Benitez faces an anxious wait to see how serious the injuries sustained by Luis Garcia and Fabio Aurelio are after the 3-2 defeat by Kaiserslautern. 
The Reds manager says both players will be assessed further on Sunday at the club's training camp in Switzerland.

"It was a difficult game for us with the two injuries to Luis and Fabio and we made three mistakes which cost us the game," reflected Benitez.

"Luis had a problem with his neck and we decided the best thing would be to take him off. Fabio felt something in his calf and I think it's a more serious problem than Luis.

"Overall I thought it was a typical pre-season game and we used a mixture of senior and young players. I thought Jermaine Pennant did a good job and played well. He showed the quality that he has."

Benitez also offered words of sympathy to 17-year-old defender Jack Hobbs whose mistakes led to the Kaiserslautern goals.

"I always say to a player when you make a mistake you have to work harder and make up for it in the next game," commented Benitez.

"I will comfort Jack as he is a young boy who will learn from this."

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:56 pm

Uh-oh not more injuries  :down:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:59 pm

Hopefully it's nothing serious.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby munky » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:07 pm

what kit were we wearing today?
*lets bring the samba to Anfield, Fabulous Aurelio*
munky

Postby Aaron » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:08 pm

[CODE]
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby Ydde » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:09 pm

I watched the whole match, so here's my view of it

Defense:

Hyppia looks good as usual. Paletta's looking good as well. I remember him curling a ball using the outer side of his foot 30 yards accurately!

Traore was his usual self. Had good and nerve wrecking moments.

Hobbs had a disaster. Caught in possesiion for the first goal, awful control for the second and naive defending for the third.

Finnan, Riise are solid as usual. Aurelio show glimpses of good touches, looking good.

Midfield:

Speedy looks like he's still getting used to playing in the team. Didn't had significant impact.
Zenden had a average game. Anderson looks lively, but he's one for the future.

Pennant looks good, pacy with a few crosses and a assist to bellamy. Just what we need!

Momo reminded me of Viera. Physical, all over the park and wins balls.

Strikers:

Bellamy had a good outing. Linked well with fowler.

Fowler's getting better and better. Easily the most intelligent player on the field for liverpool.

Notes:
Second goal for Liverpool indicates that things are looking up. Momo wins the ball in midfield, release Pennant who plays a one-two with Bellamy, and then finds Garcia for a tap in.

Sort of a weird match. Reina coming on as a midfielder was a mystery. But it provided a few laughs.

Garcia's substitution was a bit more worrying. Think he had a knock and fowler had to go back to the dressing room and put on his kit before replacing him.
Ydde

Postby Aaron » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Whos your man of the match people??? i do mean from our side.

SALIF DIAO!! :D  :D

Wots the deal wif him? Is he comin back to mop the floors or is he goin?
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby red37 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:11 pm

zenden, paletta, bellamy, sissoko, pennant and garcia all did well. hobbs, gonzalez and dudek didnt inspire....

as for the camera angle, it was probably set up by a local tv company and eurosport were there to add some 'panache' to the proceedings......they failed miserably  :(

however an awkward run out for the boys and 90 minutes in some cases toward fitness is the sole plus point from a disappointing game.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:13 pm

Garcia's substitution was a bit more worrying. Think he had a knock and fowler had to go back to the dressing room and put on his kit before replacing him.

He had problems with his neck so he was taken off as a precaution. Aurelio had a bit of stiffness in his calf, we'll find out tomorrow if it's serious or not.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Ydde » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:16 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Benitez also offered words of sympathy to 17-year-old defender Jack Hobbs whose mistakes led to the Kaiserslautern goals.

"I always say to a player when you make a mistake you have to work harder and make up for it in the next game," commented Benitez.

Did anyone else saw that after the final whistle, Finnan immediately went up to put an arm around Hobbs. Then I saw Bellamy did the same thing! Nice to see the good team spirit there.
Ydde

Postby munky » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:17 pm

whaat kit were we wearing?
*lets bring the samba to Anfield, Fabulous Aurelio*
munky

Postby Ydde » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:18 pm

munky wrote:whaat kit were we wearing?

Away. Green and white.
Ydde

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:23 pm

Ydde wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Benitez also offered words of sympathy to 17-year-old defender Jack Hobbs whose mistakes led to the Kaiserslautern goals.

Did anyone else saw that after the final whistle, Finnan immediately went up to put an arm around Hobbs. Then I saw Bellamy did the same thing! Nice to see the good team spirit there.

Noticed that too.  Good to see the senior players offering the lad support.  I felt sorry for him to be honest.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:31 pm

john craig wrote:
Ydde wrote:

Noticed that too.  Good to see the senior players offering the lad support.  I felt sorry for him to be honest.

Poor Little Bugger...........
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion