LIVERPOOL VS GALATASARAY - Bring it on!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:18 am

And shame on others who intended to insult Gala as well as Turkish people. I' m realy disappointed with those...

Are you equally disappointed in the the absurd hooligan element your club seems to breed, who can never resist the urge to visit websites like this one with their usual "We Will Stab You In Hell" nonsense?

Those are the ones who attract insult and ridicule.

Not a club, a team or a nationality.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:19 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Just goes to show why Rafa plays Momo alongside Xabi in the centre, with Stevie out on the wing.

We were ripped apart whenever Stevie went forwards, as Xabi was left doing a two man job alone.

It was good to see Graeme Souness pick up on that after the game. He's the first pundit I've heard not banging the drum for Gerrard to play centrally, and recognising the importance on Momo.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:36 am

I think your all being a bit harsh on a few of the lads last night. I went the game although I had to sit in the paddock.

Pennant  -  Looked very good last night and can't believe some people are saying he didn't have a good game, in the first half he was excellent and in the 2nd, he was ok.

Aurelio  -  His cross and play on the ball is 2nd to none, always finds his man with his pass although after 2 mins last night me and timmit, picked him out as the weak link. I think he doesn't derserve all the blame, Luis Garcia in front of him was extremely poor defensively but you don't expect anything more from him.

Gerrard and Alonso  -  Its obvious some of you listened to Souness last night , because its exactly what he said about needing Sissoko. Which was boollocks!!  I admit I prefer Momo and Xabi with Stevie on the right, however Gerrard and Xabi played brilliantly in the first half and did for a whole  season without Momo,  Momo is important to us, but suggesting Stevie and Xabi cant hack it is ridiculous.

Their right midfielder Sabri was amazing last night at the game IMO,  I wonder how much we could of picked him up for in the summer? His deliverly of the ball and his accuracy at set pieces was absolutely spot on, his crosses were far more dangerous than many premiership stars and when they went 4 - 2 - 4 they caused us real problems on the sides and with the heading quality of Sukur and Karan, we were going to be in danger.

We got the 3 points, end of story. 3 wins in a row. If Kuyt would of scored at 3 - 0 we would of been home and dry, but once they got one they really went for it and derserve to be congratulated. Their fans were spot on all night singing and screaming, and a real credit to there team. Even at the end of the game as I was leaving, they started a chant of

"LIV-  ER  - POOL  - LIV   - ER   - POOL!!"

For which they got a derserved round of applause.

Other things you might of missed on the telly:

- Pennant asked Benitez to come off and Rafa tried to get him to run it off, so might be an injury.

- Sabri in the first half went to take a throw in and the fella in the front went to grab the ball to give it to him and he screamed "HEY!!" at the fella. So every time he came to the byline he got a chorus of "Hey!"  "HEY!" "HEEEEEEEEY". Childish but really funny.  :rasp

- Their coach was speaking to them in ENGLISH!

- Kuyt clapped all four corners of the ground - Love this lad.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:51 am

molovinPSV wrote:next game for psv is at Istanbul, I have a good feeling about it. If you win at bordeaux you can win at istanbul where bordeaux got a tie

Very dissapionted we conceeded 2 goals, lack of experience by some of our players?
This is where Hamann would have come in handy to steedy the ship.
You gotta beat em PSV and we have to beat bordeaux then we will both go through.  :buttrock

BTW what was your game like mate?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:17 am

defensive wise we were :censored: all night, agger/carra cant handle that striker who aint that big at all. Their goals come from free header and lack of pressure from our defenders. Now i am really worried of our set piece and our defence. Attacking wise, we are lucky to strike them down early on or else it will be a different story, IMO Alonso went foward too often, he should leave things for Gerrard, he had left our back 4 exposed at times. Aurelio + Garcia were :censored: at defending, cant blame AUrelio as Garcia doesnt help him out on a few occasion
onizukaeikichi

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:28 am

Liverpool 3-2 Galatasaray

Crouch ~
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:33 am

This is my 400th post and i pray to god/goddess/angel/christ..........

Please Give Us Another Victory Against Galatasaray At Their Hell Graveyard.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:57 am

arrrr........little luis the trickster and ball wasting goal scorer :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LIONS05 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:20 am

Damn man what a game that , I am so proud of my boys.  :bowdown

First of all I want to congrulate all the liverpool fans here , congratulations with the 3 points. After the 2-0 just when we were getting a little bit back I thought we could make something of it but then Crouch made it 3-0 and how  :D

After the 3-0 I was hoping it'd stay 3-0 because I felt embarresed but then Galatasaray made a comeback and how!! Damn we we're playing :censored: good after the 3-0 ,I think we actually deserved a point for that comeback.

Who did you guys like at the players of our side ? Sabri played a really good game and he's only 22 but he aint our biggest talent.  :shifty Thats Arda but he didnt had its day , he's the one who made the assist on the 1st gol and did that awesome move against 3 liverpool players  :D

And our fans did a great job too even after the 3-0 they were chanting , I guess this was the first time you guys got outnumberd by the opposite fans.   :wwww
Last edited by LIONS05 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIONS05

Postby mattylfc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:30 am

Thought it was a wierd night, normally getting the first goal can be the hardest but to get two in the first 15mins was great and i really thought we would hammer them after that.   

Wasnt to be though and when we got the third, majority of players took their foot off the pedal and when you do that you expect them to come at you.  Their subs made a big impact and to be fair both of their goals came from pin-point crosses and very good headers.

Thought Aurelio looked a lot more confident on the ball, he was very good going forward but lacked a bit defensively.  Superb cross for Crouches goal.

Kuyt looked a bit tired, not at his best today but still trying his hardest.

So glad Crouch got a couple, second one was world class.  Thought he showed a really good attitude and he always seems to be in the right place which can only be a good thing for a striker.

Pennant had a good first half but was wasteful in the second, perhaps because he was tired.

Garcia was back to his best at times, have been really impressed with him so far this season.  He is giving it easy when necessary and then doing his tricks in the right places, good header he scored with too.

Thought Alonso and Gerrard played well together in the centre but their was the odd occasion that highlighted the importance of momo.

Good game for a neutral and although we had a few scares, three points with three quality goals is what counts.

More importantly, i was one player away from predicting the correct line-up.  If JAR had played instead of Aurelio i would have been spot on, that would have been a first.
mattylfc

Postby CUPWinner » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:08 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
And shame on others who intended to insult Gala as well as Turkish people. I' m realy disappointed with those...

Are you equally disappointed in the the absurd hooligan element your club seems to breed, who can never resist the urge to visit websites like this one with their usual "We Will Stab You In Hell" nonsense?

Those are the ones who attract insult and ridicule.

Not a club, a team or a nationality.

You' re completely right with this idea. And yes; I am equaly disappointed with our men here who don' t have words to say about football.

After all; fell free to visit Istanbul for the second match. There' ll be no stabbers and no hell anymore... We play our matches at the horrible Olimpic Stadium instead of AliSamiYen which is used to be known as hell.(By the way, the first man describing AliSamiYen as Hell was Alex Furguson after being eliminated from Champions League by Galatasaray)
Last edited by CUPWinner on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
There' s Nothing Impossible In The Lands of Galatasaray.
CUPWinner

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:54 am

Poor performance last night and the truth is that a poor Galatassary side deserved a draw. Despite us playing very well at times we neevr controlled the game and I was fuming with the way we were playing at 2-0 up, as clearly was Rafa, who didn't look at all happy at how easy Sabri was allowed get down the our left hand side and whip in crosses. It got even worse in the second half when they sent on Hasan Sas and Sas was able to double up with Sabri to get behind Aurellio. We were very loose in midfield and our centre halves became exposed.

Aurellio and Garcia are not a viable option on the left if you ask me, as both are inclined to get forward too much and both are just as inclined to ball watch and get caught out when our attacks break down.

Crouch's goal was superb though....indeed both of them were.
Last edited by JBG on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Well lets hope it makes no difference, cos' by the time we play the "rag heads" in the away leg  we should have already qualified for the next stage. We beat psv and get a win against the french outfit, then the galatasary game will be a formality, we might even have the luxury of resting some of our players?.....and still stuff em'. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Xennon » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:12 pm

Gratz...
And thanks, Liverpool fans were so polite to us... All of the fans were incredible.

You'll see the result of that refinement in Istanbul.

Claps...

"Ahh we could take 1point:( "
Xennon

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:17 pm

Credit where its due mate - the one thing your team didnt lack was heart and spirit, a good fightback that with a bit more luck could have got you a point.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion