LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - Early build-up - looking good for us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:49 pm

burjennio wrote:Something fishy is going on here :

liverpoolfc4ever Posted on Aug. 14 2007,01:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chelsea played really well on sat, dont see this being an easy game far from it, i think Chelsea may just edge it

And this from the "Gap between us and Utd Thread"

liverpoolfc4ever Posted on Aug. 14 2007,01:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree totally about the United and Liverpool gap, its getting bigger and bigger, the signings that United have made in the summer have been phemonal, our only chance is that rooney got injured(hopefully will make them drop a few points), but there team at the moment is so much stronger, hopefully we will make a few more signings to push on and be champions, sadly this year i cant see it unless we strengthen our team considerbly.

Who is this guy? Either you have no faith in the reds whatsoever or your a PRETENDER, either way, I'm watchin you

:shifty

come on apollo! :buttrock
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:56 pm

It's good that we get them this early in the season. If we manage to win, I think that should send a big "Oh f*ck! Liverpool mean business this season" message out to all those doubters. As for people bricking it because they thought Chelsea played well at the weekend, well, so did we, under much more difficult circumstances. Chelsea should have lost. Birmingham's keeper shouldn't be dropped due to those clangers, no...he should be feckin shot. That was terrible, really. I hope they don't get a massive slice of luck pie at the weekend against us, because to be honest, that's the only way I can see them beating us. Jammy coonts!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:00 pm

burjennio wrote:Something fishy is going on here :

liverpoolfc4ever Posted on Aug. 14 2007,01:41
chelsea played really well on sat, dont see this being an easy game far from it, i think Chelsea may just edge it

And this from the "Gap between us and Utd Thread"

liverpoolfc4ever Posted on Aug. 14 2007,01:39
i agree totally about the United and Liverpool gap, its getting bigger and bigger, the signings that United have made in the summer have been phemonal, our only chance is that rooney got injured(hopefully will make them drop a few points), but there team at the moment is so much stronger, hopefully we will make a few more signings to push on and be champions, sadly this year i cant see it unless we strengthen our team considerbly.

Who is this guy? Either you have no faith in the reds whatsoever or your a PRETENDER, either way, I'm watchin you

:shifty

The signings United have made in the summer have been phenomenal? Have they? From what I've been told of Nani on Sunday, he was dire. In fact, the whole United team was dire. So much for their mega attacking signings to add even more flare. Couldn't even beat 10 men Reading. Though it's far too early to judge yet, so calling their signings phenomenal is a little bit premature. But on the bases of one match in, they've been sh*t.  :D
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:29 pm

the arjen robben song to the tune of Eminem's ''Like Toy Soldiers''

[chorus]
Step by step, heart to heart, left right left
We all fall down like toy soldiers
Bit by bit, far apart, we'll never win
But Jose's mouth wages on like a real rascal

[Verse 1]
I'm supposed to be the player who never blows his composure
Even though I hold the weight of Carragher on my shoulders
I ain't never supposed to show it, my team ain't supposed to know it
Even if it means goin' toe to toe with Mashcherano it don't matter
I'd always dive when in battles that I can't handle 'cause I absolutely have to
I'm supposed to set an example
I need to be the leader, my crew looks for me to guide 'em
If Dog-Breathe ever does fall off, I'm supposed to be beside 'him
That Reina I tried to squash it, it was too late to stop it
There's a keeper's line you just don't cross and he crossed it
I heard him say ''actor-cum-dying swan'' and I just lost it
It was crazy, this :censored: went way beyond a Wenger and Pardew split
And even though the battle was won, I feel like we lost it
I spent too much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted
And I'm so caught in it I almost feel I'm the one who caused it
This is why I'm in drama for, it is why I got in it
It was always my object for the Reds to get killed
I wanna destroy everything Rafa helped build
It was my intentions, but my intentions was good
I went through my whole career without failing to delude
And that was just out of fear for not dribbling past him
And taking on someone that I knew nothing about
Plus Jose told me stay out, this just wasn't my day
So I did, I just fell back, and dived out of the way
And the ref is on the field, sending off a man who literally ruined my life
Like feck it i understand i am serious
And 3 points is part of my business
But still knowin' red cards could pop off at any minute cause

[chorus]
Step by step, heart to heart, left right left
We all fall down like toy soldiers
Bit by bit, far apart, we'll never win
But Jose's mouth wages on like a real rascal
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:40 pm

Tough match, and all this bullsh*t about injuries is simply another Moris smokescreen. You can bet they'll come with a full-strength starting line-up, the scutters.

Well f*ck you Sh*tski - we don't need to resort to underhand tactics to beat your shiny sh*te.

Let's do 'em in - throw the gauntlet down well and truly with an early-season bitch-slap to the c*ckney clap-carriers.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Alves To Chelsea ?

Just found this, is it saying they have signed him or just that they have made an offer for him, he has been left out of the Seville squad for tomorrow nights Euro match so he isn't cup tied ?
destro

Postby europian-kings » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:05 pm

cant wait for this match!!!
an early win over a top team is just the start we need to get on track for a winning season
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:09 am

europian-kings wrote:cant wait for this match!!!
an early win over a top team is just the start we need to get on track for a winning season

I will never class chelsea as a top team, a top team in my view has some sort of respect, Man Utd, Arsenal, they are top teams, they, like Liverpool have earned there silverware, while chelsea have bought theres. A victory over chelsea is always sweet because it makes maureen job of explaining to Mr Abromovich on why they lost, despite all the money they have spent over the last few seasons, that little bit harder !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:09 am

Kharhaz wrote:
europian-kings wrote:cant wait for this match!!!

I will never class chelsea as a top team, a top team in my view has some sort of respect, Man Utd, Arsenal, they are top teams, they, like Liverpool have earned there silverware, while chelsea have bought theres. A victory over chelsea is always sweet because it makes maureen job of explaining to Mr Abromovich on why they lost, despite all the money they have spent over the last few seasons, that little bit harder !

Thats totaly my view also chavski dont deserve to win nothing they never have the passion we have because you can buy [passion it dont come in bottles.

chavski have to bribe half there surports into the ground with pretty flags and half price food WoW what a club.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:06 am

haway then score predictions everyone!

2:0 the reds! bring these scums on!

Just read that Terry's back in training Wednesday, but Im still confident of a win here :cool:
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:32 pm

The 1st "Big game" of the season. I think the win against both Villa and Toulouse were good for this match as it gives us more confidence going into this game. Essien has a slight Knee injury so im not sure if is fit for this game. Terry misses the game against reading tonight but im not sure what his prediciment is for the game on the weekend. A win is vital if we really want to push for the title this year an early goal would be great too.

Gerrard got taken off against Toulouse but i think that was just so he didnt agrivate any problems he did have in his foot so i think he will be ok. Torres i think will start as he came on the last 10 minutes today to partner him Kuyt? Voronin? Crouch? Id pick Kuyt. He and Torres had an ok partnership against Villa. He scored last year against Chelsea and he will e looking to do it again.

I think Pennant will be another starter. He didnt travel to france which asks a few questions but im sure he will start. Mascherano, Alonso and Sissoko all looking to partner Gerrard. Id go with Macherano. He always looks great and hes a player we need in this game, A player who can defend a player so well hew can take the best player out of the game I.E Kaka in the Cl final last year.

Im guessing Agger will be recalled to cb and play alongside Carragher. Finnan should keep his place at the right of our defence as there is noone really challenging him there. Kewell? whats the matter with him any injury news? as he hasnt played or been on the bench for the 1st two games.

My Team

Reina

Finnan
Agger
Carragher
Riise

Pennant
Gerrard
Mascherano
Kewell/Babel

Torres
Kuyt                   2-0 Torres(2)

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Dotty » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:38 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:The 1st "Big game" of the season. I think the win against both Villa and Toulouse were good for this match as it gives us more confidence going into this game. Essien has a slight Knee injury so im not sure if is fit for this game. Terry misses the game against reading tonight but im not sure what his prediciment is for the game on the weekend. A win is vital if we really want to push for the title this year an early goal would be great too.

Gerrard got taken off against Toulouse but i think that was just so he didnt agrivate any problems he did have in his foot so i think he will be ok. Torres i think will start as he came on the last 10 minutes today to partner him Kuyt? Voronin? Crouch? Id pick Kuyt. He and Torres had an ok partnership against Villa. He scored last year against Chelsea and he will e looking to do it again.

I think Pennant will be another starter. He didnt travel to france which asks a few questions but im sure he will start. Mascherano, Alonso and Sissoko all looking to partner Gerrard. Id go with Macherano. He always looks great and hes a player we need in this game, A player who can defend a player so well hew can take the best player out of the game I.E Kaka in the Cl final last year.

Im guessing Agger will be recalled to cb and play alongside Carragher. Finnan should keep his place at the right of our defence as there is noone really challenging him there. Kewell? whats the matter with him any injury news? as he hasnt played or been on the bench for the 1st two games.

My Team

Reina

Finnan
Agger
Carragher
Riise

Pennant
Gerrard
Mascherano
Kewell/Babel

Torres
Kuyt                   2-0 Torres(2)

Same team apart from i feel Babbel will start this one

1-0 win for us gerrard beauty
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby destro » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:42 pm

My Team

Leave Mascherano and Alonso to sort out Fat Frank and Essien and play Stevie on the right to stop Malouda/Cole.

Crouch to start if Terry doesn't make it ?

Reina

Finnan   Carragher  Agger       Riise           

Gerrard  Alonso    Mascherano Babel

Torres     Voronin/Crouch
destro

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:55 pm

I cant wait for this one!!! I was lucky enough to snag a ticket of a mate whose mate has glandular fever. (Hooray for glandular fever!)
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 pm

Chelsea just steal a win again. Looks good for us, and if we do win, surely were ganna be in the driving seat
Last edited by username on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion