LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - Early build-up - looking good for us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 1904 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:17 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:Fack Chelsea, We are f'n Liverpool.  We will batter them, no matter what lineup they throw out on the pitch.

That's right !!  :bowdown

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:15 pm

drogba was on the bench today and it looks like terry will be fit for next sunday.
surprise, surprise.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Drogba came on in the second half, Terry will play against us i wouldn't believe anything Maureen says.

I remember almost every week we would say Barnes wont be fit and then come kick off there he was :D cant beat a bit of the old kidology

They missed Terry today and only terrible goal keeping by the Birmingham keeper gave them the three points, Man U didnt look that good either despite the claims of how they can attack from anywhere with their free flowing football, lovely challenge by Kitson on Evra.

Thats Man U out of it now , because everyone knows you cant afford to give the top teams a head start  :p 4TH for them this time
destro

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 am

Even if terry doesn't play....chelsea do have a capable replacement in ben haim. So you can be sure it won't be as easy as last season's home game. And it is pretty much certain that drogba & jole cole will start the match as they have a tendency to play well against us.

If there is a weakness in the chelsea team, (if terry doesn't make it and thus ben haim won't be playing RB),  its glen johnson. Hope rafa puts either yossi or babel on the LW...They should be able to rip johnson apart. Leave riise at LB.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:01 am

BTW, a draw with chelsea would be a good result. you won't see me complaining if we do draw....

But a 1-0 own goal win would be better  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolfc4ever » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:41 am

chelsea played really well on sat, dont see this being an easy game far from it, i think Chelsea may just edge it.
liverpoolfc4ever

Postby RedBlood » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:08 am

who did chelsea play again?

oh yeah they were at home to birmingham and conceded 2 goals

:censored: chelsea they are sh.it
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:11 am

liverpoolfc4ever wrote:chelsea played really well on sat, dont see this being an easy game far from it, i think Chelsea may just edge it.

Hes a chavski SPy i tell YoU GuNs aT ThE ReAdY LaDs .....

FiRe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 am

We need to stop Wright-Phillips.

Makes very good runs down the sides.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 am

yeh i think arebloa might play as lb again with riise lm. arbeloa will play as he is a better defender than riise, he just needs to work on his linking up. riise traditionally has good games agianst the chelsea becasue of their fomation so that is why i think he should be picked here. around the 50-60 min sub him for kewell and hopefully kewell will unleash on some tired defenders. go livvvveeeeerpppppppooooooooollllllll
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1982 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 am

Not sure what the line up will be but think we can get the 3 pts come sunday, we stretched them twice last year and was very unlucky not to get anything at their ground, I think we'll be too strong at home for them and Gerrard and Torres will expose the weakness' in the defence with pace and power, just hope the finishing is up to scratch, would like to see Mascherano breaking up the play in midfield for us.

Come on the Reds 2-0 :p
LFC1982

Postby grayghost » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:56 pm

If we can get a win in this game what a huge message to the prem it would be we would rearly be on a role then. With the injurye they have a win is a must come on Liverpool are time is now.
grayghost

Postby burjennio » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:11 pm

Something fishy is going on here :

liverpoolfc4ever Posted on Aug. 14 2007,01:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chelsea played really well on sat, dont see this being an easy game far from it, i think Chelsea may just edge it

And this from the "Gap between us and Utd Thread"

liverpoolfc4ever Posted on Aug. 14 2007,01:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i agree totally about the United and Liverpool gap, its getting bigger and bigger, the signings that United have made in the summer have been phemonal, our only chance is that rooney got injured(hopefully will make them drop a few points), but there team at the moment is so much stronger, hopefully we will make a few more signings to push on and be champions, sadly this year i cant see it unless we strengthen our team considerbly.

Who is this guy? Either you have no faith in the reds whatsoever or your a PRETENDER, either way, I'm watchin you

:shifty
burjennio

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:17 pm

I'd like a win, a draw isn't a bad result against chavski but we do need a good start if we're to challenge - 10 out of 21 points is not good enough as per the previous three seasons. We then have a run of games included the promoted sides, with us having to play catch-up because of stupidly timed CL qualifiers then we need to make most of when we're playing. I'm not too bothered about head to heads vs rival top four teams, it is nice to win those but there are only 18 points available against Arsenal, chavski and the mancs and 96 against the rest of the Premiership which are much easier to win (comparitively speaking of course)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:12 pm

Feel a lot more comfortable about this game now we have got the first 3 points on the table at the first time of asking. Also the fact that the last two times Chelsea have made the visit to Anfield, they have come away with losses and looking very much the worst team without even scoring a goal.

Rafa's got the number on Mourinho as well and Mourinho knows it which often leads to his baffling tactical idea's that leave the fans and more importantly his own players scratching their heads.

Plus the fact Terry's out, Essien's a major doubt and the other players who are out (Shevchenko etc), it seems we may actually go into this match as clear favourites.

I'm going for a 2 - 0 win with Kuyt and Torres opening their accounts for the season.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion