LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - Community shield build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:04 pm

If they play 4-4-2 i can see us beatin the fu.ckers, i'd like to see us play 4-4-2 with crouch and bellamy upfront, not too keen on havin stevie behind bellamy. I'd defo keep sissoko in the line up coz the lads lookin superb and he gives us the presence, the question would be who to drop out of alonso, stevie and pennant, maybe one of the latter two  goin left mid but i'd prefer a natural left footer like gonzales to play there. Its a good problemo to have :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Espionage » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:14 am

I put 5 pounds on Liverpool to win 2-0 (22-1)
I actually think that Jose is exaggerating but his story about his players being in poor condition at the moment is pretty true.  If we score early I can see us winning this 2-0 (I dont know why I just have a feeling about this score).  First time I ever bet on anything.............
C"MON YOU RED MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:32 am

Reina
Finnan     Carra    Hyypia   
          Sissoko  Alonso
Pennant                       Gonzalez
                 Gerrard
             Garcia
                        Bellamy
Subs:
Riise
Crouch
Zenden
Kromkamp
Fowler (if fit)

I think this  formation has the potential to be really dangerous. Sissoko and Alonso playing defensive Midfield, both are great at takling, and from the position could get involved into the offense easily, with Alsono sending in great long passes or Sissoko making nice runs.  Pennant and Gonzalez using their pace out wide, and Pennant espicially is great at sending in crosses.  Gerrard DOMINATING the match as a central attacking midfielder. Garcia giving Chelsea plenty of fits making runs down thier defense and Bellamy putting away everything that comes near him.  I would look to sub in Crouch for Garcia when he starts to lose his pace, from running around the pitch like a madman creating oportunities and hopefully finishing.

Does anyone think that if they moves the Shield to be played right after the end of the season that it would mean more to people ?  Doesn't seem like anybody is too excited to play for a trophy against Chelsea!?!  This will be the first match I get watch live on television, so far I have only watched live on LFC.tv, delayed video on LFC.tv, or delayed TV at bar.  Can anyone recomend a bar in New York to watch the match from?  I am planning on going to Nevada Smiths for it, but I think its more of a manc bar, and  I have heard that the "liverpool bar of NYC' is the 11st. bar, but I have heard that it just isnt a good bar to watch a match in.  Any advice or stories of past experiences in NYC would be appreciated.
JoeTerp

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:52 am

Manhattan keeps his options open.

In The Event Of A Liverpool Win

LOL!!! We beat them again. Another trophy!!!

Up yours Roman and Jose!!!!

In The Event Of A Chelsea Win

"Meh, it's only the Community Shield.

At least we helped the community.

Winning or losing in this match doesn't matter, it's all about charity and helping the poor children, and the homeless, and the elderly and the people who live in wartorn African desert regions".
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:15 am

Hope that this will be a good match, its another trophy and a win against our rivals so i hope we can win it. It will also give us confidence going into the season
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby anti-hero » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:58 am

Anyone know where I can watch, or listen, to the match online?

Preferrably free and hassle-free of course. :D

i.e no signing up, no downloads, no ads etc. :p

Please?

Help a fan in need.. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:06 am

Even if we lose, this match will mean nothing....

We still hold a psychological edge over chelsea because we beat them when it really mattered...  :buttrock

So can't be Ar$ed by this charity shield. I would be happy as long as any of our players don't pick up silly bookings and injurires...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:44 am

The_Rock wrote:Even if we lose, this match will mean nothing....

We still hold a psychological edge over chelsea because we beat them when it really mattered...  :buttrock

So can't be Ar$ed by this charity shield. I would be happy as long as any of our players don't pick up silly bookings and injurires...

good point but i wood prefore it if we won
buxxy

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:46 am

Yeah it will mean nothing if we lose, but you cant say it will mean nothing if we win, it would give us confidence going into the season, not to mention its another trophy won and a victory over our rivals, i hope we do win it
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby coddy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:01 am

GOAT wrote:

Yeah it will mean nothing if we lose, but you cant say it will mean nothing if we win, it would give us confidence going into the season, not to mention its another trophy won and a victory over our rivals, i hope we do win it

Thats all it matters for.

as long as the Chelski S.cum are beaten by us again, thats all that will matter.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:21 am

It's our Dave's birthday today, he posts as Macca on here.  Garymac knows our Dave.  He's has gone to Cardiff with my other brother (Ste) on a booze session and to watch us take the Community Shield home.  (I was at my best mates wedding yesterday from 13:00pm, I got in at 10:30am this morning.....belter of a day, none of my lads have gone to Cardiff though because of yesterday, probably go to Crosby to watch it this avvy....).

I'll be honest, if we get through today without any injuries I'll be pleased.  I just can't get excited over the Community Shield.  As good as it always is to beat Chelsea, I can pretty much take or leave this game.  I class the Sheffield United game as a bigger game that this.  About four years ago, Arsenal beat us 1-0 (Gilberto Silva) in this game and it didn't arse me one bit.  Of course I don't like losing, but I'm not taking this game seriously if you see what I mean.  Roll on next week as far as I'm concerned.

Just my two penneth worth.
jonnymac1979

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:22 am

YYYYYeeeeeeeeesssssssss

I'm able to view this one at midnight tonight.

A mate of a mate has fox and we've I've been given the greenlight to go round there and watch it, cant wait.

Slight problem though my mates a copper and a Chelsea supporter :(
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:32 am

anti-hero wrote:Anyone know where I can watch, or listen, to the match online?

Preferrably free and hassle-free of course. :D

i.e no signing up, no downloads, no ads etc. :p

Please?

Help a fan in need.. :D

Live coverage on BBC Sport website.
account deleted by request

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:52 am

Its on Sky Sports 1, isnt it?..
I thought it would of been on itv 1 though :)

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:05 pm

Confirmed team:

Liverpool will line up as follows:

Reina

Riise
Agger
Carragher
Finnan

Gonzalez
Zenden
Sissoko
Pennant

Garcia
Crouch

agger starting.... zenden in the middle, no stevie G or alonso.....!!!!!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion