LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - Community shield build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:36 pm

Gerrard can play just as effectively on the left as he has on the right . Pennant on the right and Gerrard on the left would provide excellent ammunition for the like's of Crouch and one other up front .

I personnally prefer Gerrard in a central midfield role , but if we play a four man midfield I'd rather move him wide than lose Xabi or Momo .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:24 pm

Fowler injured for Charity shield
11 August 2006

Liverpool will again be without striker Robbie Fowler (knee) and defender Fabio Aurelio (calf) when they face Chelsea in Sunday's Community Shield clash in Cardiff.

Boss Rafael Benitez said: "If they really had to play they would, but it is not important for this game, we would rather wait until next weekend."

It means Benitez has to make a decision over whether to start the match with Peter Crouch, who was on the bench for the midweek Champions League qualifying game with Maccabi Haifa because he was not considered fit enough after a late return to training following the World Cup.

I was hoping Robbie would have a good preseason. He says in his book how important a good preseason is to him. :(
Anyone know if he has been able to train at all?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby redmikey » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:36 pm

really good tread as people aren't just prediciting scores.

loads of people are wanting pennant instead of xabi, imo bellamy will thrive if xabi can get abit further up field and start slotting balls on to bellamys runs

I honest believe that rafa will start as we did mid week as he has stuck with this formation where ever he has been and we now have the players to able to play in it , we may not be as well driled as valencia under rafa yet but that is because he has had to wait to get the players,

with finnan and fabio we will have full back capable of put pressure on the oppostion in there half , we will be able to pin teams down and batter them, but until the system is up and running he is having to use SG as jack of all trades , SG will be the best attacking midfielder in the world with in 2 seasons as momo will fully unleash him but he is at his best coming on to the ball,so he will have to improve with his bach to goal    chelsea are trying to buy sucess while rafa is building it 

can't wait till sunday
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby onizukaeikichi » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:44 pm

stevieG on the left is a waste, we already have the wingers to use there, we might as well use him on the centre where its his natural position. even stevie says he feels more comfortable there (before).
onizukaeikichi

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:52 pm

onizukaeikichi wrote:stevieG on the left is a waste, we already have the wingers to use there, we might as well use him on the centre where its his natural position. even stevie says he feels more comfortable there (before).

The side is pretty simple for the Community Shield 

Gk: Reina

LB: Riise
RB: Finnan
CB: Hyypia
CB: Carragher

LW: Gonzalez
RW: Pennant
DM: Alsono
CM: Gerrard

CF: Crouch
CF: Bellamy

Now this is anit to disrespect Sissoko who IMO was our best player on Wednesday ... This is just the best side we can put out at minute with everyone in there strongest positions. Not 100% sure on Gonzalez yet , But hes gotta be better then a 75% fit Zenden!
*_Ruthless_*

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:06 pm

Nice banner ruthless - might be better with XABI Alonso on it though mate. :) Wow that was quick!  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:11 pm

s@int wrote:Nice banner ruthless - might be better with XABI Alonso on it though mate. :)

That better :rasp

Yeah good spot i made it like 10 minutes ago ... I knew there was something wrong with it  ???
*_Ruthless_*

Postby daxy1 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:28 pm

does anyone know if it's still fancard for a ticket or is it just turn up for a ticket at the window my mate has lost his card the t!t and needs to get a ticket for sunday if anyone can help thanks daxy1

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby buxxy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:45 pm

i think we liverpool will beat chelsea 2-1 :cool: :cool:
buxxy

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:26 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I can't understand why people want to see Gerrard on the left wing.  I know he doesn't really have a weak position but anywhere on the left does not suit him as much as in the middle or on the right.

I wouldn't play Crouch against Chelsea either.  He never does well against them as that horrible Pork and Cheese nob at the back just fouls him and gets away with it.

My team would be...

Reina
Finnan   Carra   Hypia    Risse

Pennant  Momo  Alonso   Gonzales
             Gerrard

Bellamy

bellamy upfront on his own with gerrard as a second striker doesn't work and never will. wednesday night was evidence of this.

But I bet you that is the team that starts Sunday. It will be a five man midfield with Gerrard right-mid and I like it. Once they gel it will be the best in England.  It will work best with a Kuyt type player who holds the ball up long enough to allow the midfielders to join the attack.

I have said it before, we have a very balanced midfield.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:38 pm

rafa play a weakened team for this one

No.

We should go out to win it.

From now on, no messing around.

If Jose is saying he doesn't care about the match and will make five subs at halftime, then good for him. But if he doesn't want the Community Shield, I'll be happy for LFC to take it.

We should never pass up the chance to win something.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:47 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
rafa play a weakened team for this one

No.

We should go out to win it.

From now on, no messing around.

If Jose is saying he doesn't care about the match and will make five subs at halftime, then good for him. But if he doesn't want the Community Shield, I'll be happy for LFC to take it.

We should never pass up the chance to win something.

Moaninhos only making out he doesnt care about the community shield so he can use that as his excuse when they lose
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:55 pm

It's OK.

If we lose we'll just say our entire team had a touch of flu.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:59 pm

Reina

Finnan    Carra    Hyypia    Riise

Sissoko

Pennant       Gerrard         Alonso      Gonzalez

Bellamy

That would be my line up, ideally I would prefere 2 up front.

This would mean dropping a midfielder,however with Sissoko (or Alonso) holding, the central midfielders mainly Gerrard could push forward.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:49 am

Reina

Finnan        Carragher         Hyypia          Riise

Sissoko        Alonso

Pennant                 Gerrard                Gonzalez

Bellamy

Looks good in paper but didnt we try that at midweek and it suked ?!  Pennant plays IN way too many crosses and such a waste with bellamy alone upfront ! I'd rather see Gerrard in a CM position too but if means having pennant and gonzales supplying bellamy from the sides, wouldnt mind seeing him play in the right wing, or even the left wing if we have to !
If Gonzales is not ready, i think Gerrard. Garcia and Pennant should start ! But if he is , i think Rafa would be tempted to play

Sissoko        Alonso

Gerrard                                         Gonzalez
                           Garcia
                           Bellamy

Looks better imo but im not sure gonzales will be ready and fully fit for the game...hope he is and we play like so !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion