LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - Community shield build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ulswater » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:59 am

All in all an excellent day for Liverpool.  Most importantly we beat Chelsea, friendly or no friendly that Chelsea squad was picked to win, we got a little bit of silverware and have seen some great promise in Rafas new team.

He has built the squad in such a way that whoever he substitutes the formation and tactics barley have to change.

I take my hat off to ALL the Chelsea squad and fans that stayed to applaud Liverpool. If I was a Chelsea supporter I would have been dismayed at the fan support for the premiership champions..friendly or no friendly..it was very telling to see.

Liverpool are looking fast and full of ideas, we attacked from the start playing good buildup football rather than direct and with our glorious fans constant backing we outclassed Chelsea.  What other fans would be like that at a 'freindly'..Chelseas didnt even turn up.

Unlike what Mourinho said, it had nothing to do with match fitness...the money that has been payed out for his squad you'd think that they would be fit a week before the start of the prem.
Last edited by ulswater on Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ulswater

Postby Redbilly1960 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:03 am

onizukaeikichi wrote:when shevchenko scores, roman was celebrating as if his wife just got pregnant

And when Crouchie scored he knew his team had just been F*cked
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:51 am

Redbilly1960 wrote:
onizukaeikichi wrote:when shevchenko scores, roman was celebrating as if his wife just got pregnant

And when Crouchie scored he knew his team had just been F*cked

:D

Welcome RedBilly 1960
66-1112520797

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:16 am

azriahmad wrote:This was the sour one's post-match interview with the Guardian:-

"If we shake hands, if we kiss, is that important?" asked Mourinho. "I was on the pitch from the last whistle until the moment Liverpool received the cup. I was there the whole time. You'll have to ask him [why he didn't come over to me]. But this is rubbish." That assessment came with a shrug, though the Portuguese had reiterated his belief that defeat here had not served to thrust Liverpool up alongside Arsenal and Manchester United as his side's principal Premiership challengers.

"They deserved to win," he conceded. "We had the ball but I could feel when the game was broken up there was space, they were much stronger than us. In the second half I could guess that they would inject fresh blood in the team and people with pace when we couldn't cope with it. They are a very difficult team to beat. They defend well, they're well organised and, this season, they have more solutions as they can play with Peter Crouch or a different way with Craig Bellamy. But a competition of 10 months is different to a game of A against B. Over 10 months I believe we'll edge ahead."

Michael Ballack, whose hip injury will be assessed today, and Andriy Shevchenko have had only a handful of training sessions at Chelsea. "Not many of my players are in condition to play for 90 minutes," added Mourinho. "We want to change things. I want to play a different game this season. I want to win the same number of matches but playing a different style of football but, to change things, you need to work. We need to work tactically and to find that sharpness but we don't have that at the moment.

"My players go off on international duty now and I'll be left with two goalkeepers and two Portuguese - players should be with their teams before the season's started - so we may only be at 40% against Manchester City next weekend. But I'm not worried because it's 10 months this competition. This is why I'm not so worried. We have 10 months to work and improve and win matches. So, if something happens in this first two weeks and we lose a game, we don't lose the Premier."

About the hand shake thing, the Guardin reported that neither of them (Benitez and Mourinho)  approached each other to shake hands. He is really a sour grapes person but his response and treatment of Benitez is the same as his relationship with Rijkaard, he hates both because he knows they are his peers and that many more people consider Benitez and Rijkaard as being the better coach than him.

With that in mind, I wodner if he ever returned to club football, how he'd treat Guus Hiddink???
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:22 am

I love going to Cardiff :D
That stadium is class aswel

I was pleased with our first half performance. Chelsea took their goal well though.
We improved a lot when Bellamy, Gerrard and Alonso came on and i was impressed with Aurelio also
Momo deserved man of the match

Their fans are sh!te
So what if the Community Shild isnt really worth anything? If your a fan, your a fan, not just when your winning something important.

I love it when we win against Chelsea, Morinihos face is a picture and again he didnt shake hands with Rafa

Im shattered now though, going there and travelling back the same day is horrible. :( Stayed over last time, wish i did that again.
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby lfcwonderboy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:34 pm

well i just had a look and i found the goals at click me
lfcwonderboy

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:46 pm

Gotta laugh, had a look at a Chelsea forum when I got back last night and they were complaining that they need more players and haven't got a strong enough squad. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

stmichael wrote:Gotta laugh, had a look at a Chelsea forum when I got back last night and they were complaining that they need more players and haven't got a strong enough squad. :laugh:

Your kidding right?

Please post a link i need to see this for myself.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:57 pm

lfcwonderboy wrote:well i just had a look and i found the goals at click me

What section are the goals in?

I looked in the Gallery but couldnt find them
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:12 pm

Not long back from Cardiff, still hung-over! Do you think it will ever get any less satisfying beating those Chavs? Can't see it myself!

Thanks for another great day out Rafa, there's only one true special one and he resides on the red half of Merseyside! :bowdown

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:32 pm

i was well bladdered last night when i came on here i had to check what i wrote

ill load the pic's after there off my phone so they wont be the best quality i took loads from the street playin footy and vids of the singin outside and inside

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC_fan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:38 pm

heres the goals / highlights for those of u who havent seen them yet.

highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYRsyhE2ZYM

sheva's goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAm3elCd1CA

risse's goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN70mzeG17U

crouch's goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBHdYzeYH4I
LFC_fan

Postby Rafa D » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:38 pm

DAXY  where did you sit mate? I was hammered by 09.40 got out at a service station and I was a mess lol.

I was in Upper tier on south side, gate 2. Level 6.

On a harsh note, the bouncers in Cardiff were being grade A plums. We went down in a group of 8 and met 5 other lads down there, when we went in the  Deva bar they IDed us all even though the youngest was me at 21 and I look about 30!! and there were lads of 28 there getting IDed, typical anti English :censored:. It happened twice again to a 23 year old and a 25 year old in Slug and Lettuce and another bar.  GET A LIFE!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:58 pm

Moved to new Agger thread
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby whylongball? » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:06 pm

i too like Agger's composure.s@int. But he needs to build up more in term of physical i think.
whylongball?

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion