LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - Community shield build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:18 am

Dundalk wrote:Image

:wwww   :wwww   :wwww

At least lamb-tard and terry were sporting enuff to applaud our lads during the trophy presentation....unlike that F**K carvellho who was the 1st one in the tunnel as soon as he got his runner's up medal.

I hate carvellho..... he is 1 fockin ugly mutherfocker and his sporting attitude sucks. Even gerrard di$$es him in his book.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:43 am

Hah.

What a day.

We beat the rent-boys, won some silverware, and wrecked a 30 million dolllar piece of German junk on the way!

Good times.. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:45 am

Great result more for the psych advantage over the season then the silverware.

Really hope Wembley never gets completed, i love Cardiff   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:45 am

woof woof ! wrote:A very very good squad performance . Special mention for Sissoko who is growing from strength to strength . All the new boys looked very tasty and Zenden  exceeded my expectations and looked very comfortable and more effective than any of the Chelsea midfield .

Maureen actually admitted in the after match round up that we were the better team and deserved the win .  :wwww . We've obviously got them rattled when even he runs out of excuses . :D

yeah but even then he made as excuse woof, he said we were only better because we were fitter than his team, he seems to think his squad are not fit for the league, well hed better get a funking move on because it starts next week
112-1077774096

Postby red_guy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:06 am

Great results. What a match. When i saw momo and bolo controlling the midfield against essien, ballack and fat frank, i was speechless. On paper, it looks like they're gonna slaughter us,but we showed them what we're made of. Momo - Class!!!!!As for our forwards, bellamy did well. Really well. Quality....... :D

Ok, let's move on ...more silverware to come.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:18 am

Chelsea fan response to match and poor turnout

To be honest, the turnout today cannot honestly be connected in anyway to a poor atmosphere at the Bridge can it? 10,000 fans were there because it was a friendly in Cardiff, a game in which 6 subs were permitted, with many of our first team regulars not featuring. Stamford Bridge on matchdays has 40,000 Chelsea fans present. If you want to talk about the effect of corporate fans on our atmosphere, away outings should not really be considered. We were outsung today because there were only 10,000 of our fans there, not due to corporate supporters.

As for myself, I gave it a miss, not because it's the summer, or because of the distance or cost, but mainly for the following reasons:

1. Jose, Lamps and others described the match as a 'friendly', a chance to gain match fitness for the new season, despite stressing Chelsea would do their best to win it.

2. I knew that regulars such as Makelele, Cech, Cole and Gallas would not be playing.

3. I have many other away matches planned throughout the season but won't be going to them all, so I would rather go to grounds I haven't been to, (Madejski Stadium, Vicarage Road, etc).

I am in agreement with you that the atmosphere at home is poor, although I have known it to be decent for various matches during the 17 years I have been going. People need to understand that this isn't something that has just got worse over the last two seasons. Also, this cannot be blamed on corporate fans. To my knowledge, they make up a rather small percentage of our total attendance. We should instead look to ourselves to generate an atmosphere.

The atmosphere at away matches has always been good. I was in Manchester last season for the FA Cup semi, we took 30,000 fans up north. Everybody I bumped into that day was passionate and genuine, and the atmosphere was impressive despite losing and never being ahead in the match. The same can be said for Fulham away, a dire game, an awful performance, but cracking support throughout.
Don't let a friendly game in Wales against a team we have quite frankly had enough of, force you to question who the 'real fans' are.

Laughable...

1) Lamps and Jose said this to get their excuses in we both had the same amount of preseason, just that Paco is more efficent and we didn't go and try to sell Team Liverpool to the US of A!!

2) Hmmm  Makaleke injured, Cole injured, Cech injured and Gallas has seen sense and wants off so the little bitch wouldn't play him. Hardly resting stars is it.

Chelsea started their strongest 11 without Gallas and got battered, we dominated the game and always looked safe and sound. And WE HAD Stevie, Xabi and Sami all on the bench
:D
Last edited by Rafa D on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:22 am

Must have been difficult for him to say those words Liverpool deserved to win because "they were the better team" yet he still was a bit dismissive in implying that there were more important trophies like the CL and the premiership.

One thing I have to say is that Schevchenko is really world class and has this uncanny knack of being able to hit shots or direct headers on target with a very high percentage. But it's a team game and you can never really do it all alone all of the time, maybe once or twice every now and then. We showed good team work and this win would be a very welcome confidence boost.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:33 am

The best way to shut Jose's mouth is to beat his chav team.

Ahhh victory is sweet.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:47 am

This was the sour one's post-match interview with the Guardian:-

"If we shake hands, if we kiss, is that important?" asked Mourinho. "I was on the pitch from the last whistle until the moment Liverpool received the cup. I was there the whole time. You'll have to ask him [why he didn't come over to me]. But this is rubbish." That assessment came with a shrug, though the Portuguese had reiterated his belief that defeat here had not served to thrust Liverpool up alongside Arsenal and Manchester United as his side's principal Premiership challengers.

"They deserved to win," he conceded. "We had the ball but I could feel when the game was broken up there was space, they were much stronger than us. In the second half I could guess that they would inject fresh blood in the team and people with pace when we couldn't cope with it. They are a very difficult team to beat. They defend well, they're well organised and, this season, they have more solutions as they can play with Peter Crouch or a different way with Craig Bellamy. But a competition of 10 months is different to a game of A against B. Over 10 months I believe we'll edge ahead."

Michael Ballack, whose hip injury will be assessed today, and Andriy Shevchenko have had only a handful of training sessions at Chelsea. "Not many of my players are in condition to play for 90 minutes," added Mourinho. "We want to change things. I want to play a different game this season. I want to win the same number of matches but playing a different style of football but, to change things, you need to work. We need to work tactically and to find that sharpness but we don't have that at the moment.

"My players go off on international duty now and I'll be left with two goalkeepers and two Portuguese - players should be with their teams before the season's started - so we may only be at 40% against Manchester City next weekend. But I'm not worried because it's 10 months this competition. This is why I'm not so worried. We have 10 months to work and improve and win matches. So, if something happens in this first two weeks and we lose a game, we don't lose the Premier."

About the hand shake thing, the Guardin reported that neither of them (Benitez and Mourinho)  approached each other to shake hands. He is really a sour grapes person but his response and treatment of Benitez is the same as his relationship with Rijkaard, he hates both because he knows they are his peers and that many more people consider Benitez and Rijkaard as being the better coach than him.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:50 am

metalhead wrote:No handshake between Benitez and Mourinho

Rafael Benitez and Jose Mourinho failed to join in the mood of goodwill and charity when they again refused to shake hands after Liverpool had beaten Chelsea 2-1 to win the FA Community Shield at the Millennium stadium.

The pair had stirred their feud by cold shouldering each other after Chelsea's defeat by Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-final last season.

This time Liverpool manager Benitez said: 'He decided not to shake hands in the last game and this time he was behind me and he did not say anything.

'I was focusing on my team and my supporters and maybe he was thinking about his team and his supporters.

'For me it is not a problem. After the FA Cup he decided not to shake hands. But I am not thinking about this. I am thinking about my team and how to improve.'

Chelsea boss Mourinho also dismissed their refusal to indulge in the normal post-match English courtesies, albeit inferring that Benitez had plenty of opportunity to offer his hand if he had so desired.

Mourinho said: 'Football is 90 minutes. If we shake hands, if we kiss do you think that is important?

'I was on the pitch from the last whistle until the moment Liverpool received the cup. I was there the whole time.'

Nevertheless, it left a sour taste after a match in which John Arne Riise put Liverpool ahead with a left-foot thunderbolt before Andriy Shevchenko equalised just before half-time.

Peter Crouch scored a deserved winner with a stooping header late in the second half to record Liverpool's third victory against Chelsea since Benitez took over two years ago.

Benitez said: 'I'm happy. It was difficult for us. It is the beginning of the season and the team is not 100% fit but their work-rate was fantastic.

'It is always important to win against top sides. To win another trophy is good for the confidence.

'This year we have a better team and a better squad than last season.

'Last season we had problems. We had only Djibril Cisse with pace. Now we have Craig Bellamy and Jermaine Pennant and lots of options, people with quality and pace.'

Benitez, however, refused to underestimate Chelsea's firepower as they chase a third consecutive Premiership title.

He said: 'They have new players, good players. I think it is a very good team. Mourinho has experience and he knows what to do.'

-------
Damn they must hate each other so much!
:Oo:

i can't see why Benitez wouldn't shake hands. He won. more like Maureen was whinging like a bitch, he was almost crying in the tunnel when Sky Sports interviewed him. (and he said it was only a friendly)
Last edited by coddy on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:58 am

Judging by the picture of fat frank and terry, i don't think they're treated the game as a' friendly game'. Yellow cards flying around and they call that 'friendly'? Fat frank tried to kick bolo and that's bcos he's being 'friendly'? lame excuses. If i'm not mistaken, everytime they've managed to beat us, the celebrated like they've won the CL. fecking hillarious. They are afraid of us and they just can't accept the fact that they were beaten, again, by us. Up yours cheatski. :angry:
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:59 am

To those who said that Chelski played poorly, ask yourself why did they play so poorly? That's due to our midfielders, Sissoko and Zenden closing them down and destroying their every move. We deserved credit for beating them and whether they play poorly or not is not a valid issue here. Chelski fielded a very strong line-up and though their fitness level may not be on par as Liverpool, the sheer quality of their players should have balanced the equation somewhat.

Fitness level is just an excuse conjured by Moanrinho for the loss. He is not a gentleman and has no integrity. He will use all kinds of underhand methods to win trophies. I love the look on his face everytime we inflicted defeat to his team. Hopefully I'll get to see that face again many more times this season!
Bretc

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:07 am

With the season only 1 week away and points to be gained from every game, surely the manager would have taken a more serious approach and not just let the fact that some of his world cup stars are "not as fit as they should be" become an accepted fact at this stage with the season imminent...just a load of cr@p from Mourinho who always has an explanation for every loss, unless it is a loss to soem teams he considers as non-threats. Liverpool and Barca, Benitez and Rijkaard are always threats to him.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:24 am

Well first and foremost it was important not to come away with any injuries, and on top of that it was the perfect test before the real thing kicks off next week. The game started at a very high tempo, mainly due to us going for Chelsea straight from the off.
When I saw the line-ups it was obvious Rafa was playing it as a run out for some of the squad players to get a look in and fitness levels up. Then I glanced at there line-up to see that they started with there strongest possible eleven.
Even still once the game was underway we looked the sharper, fitter and better side. To me it was pretty obvious Chelsea still have a lot of work to do with whats left of there pre-season, because lets be fair they were awful. Take nothing away from us though we controlled that game, and Zenden and Sissoko in particular had a great first half. And although it was a friendly it was great to see the old tackles go flying in something deemed illegal in the recent WC.
I'm going to get on the Sissoko praising bandwagon team, because the Mali man is a colossus, simple as. Our two wide men did okay Pennant and Gonzalez, Gonzalez is going to need time to find his feet in the team but worked hard never the less. Apart from there goal Agger and Cara looked pretty comfortable at the back, Finnan was as consistent as ever but didnt seem to keen on getting forward to support Pennant. Riise on the other hand pushed up and supported Speedy well I thought, and defensivly he was okay too. Garcia had a decent game and I think with competition upfront becoming more apparent, I think Garcia will fight for his place in the side more, his workrate was good.
Alonso looked rusty to me and Gerrard did okay, but Bellamy had some nice touches showed pace when skinning a couple of there players on the side-line. And of course set up Crouch's goal, I think we have got an excellent signing there in Bellamy. Aurelio looked useful too and was unlucky not to get a goal himself.

So all in all it was a very good performance a great result psycologically and I hope with Chelseas rustyness Man.C can hit em cold and pick up a point or three.
66-1112520797

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:51 am

After the Chelsea reaction to the game and the fact that Maureen never wants to shake hands with Benitez at final whistle - i think we are going to have to start to reserve the team 'Bitter Blue Noses' for chelsea. Sad Bastards.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion