LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - Community shield build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:55 pm

Good game and it was what i knew we could do. As i have said in my last few posts i have a good feeling about this team right now. the real work starts in a weeks time.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:55 pm

oakton wrote:with Sissoko's brilliant form, looks like we will be playing 4-5-1 for the entire season, unless Gerrard plays on the right again. then we'd play 2 strikers.

I guess for games that are less competitive in midfield (i.e. weaker opposition), we can opt for a Gerrard and Alonso center pairing, with Pennant and Gonzalez/Kewell taking up the flanks. That's the only scenario I can see Sissoko being left out of the first team.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Excellent all round performance my the players. From watching the pre-season games I wasn't sure if the new boys had changed the team much but today they show just what they have added to the team. The new pace has made us extremely dangerous not just only on the counter attack but when attacking normally.

They have provided the team with extra width which we used very well today against Chelsea. The performance has filled me with confidence that we will challenge for the title this year and have a bloodly good chance of winning it.

I was pleased with both Gonzalez and Pennant on the wings but I hope to see more from them in next few games. I was also pleased to see Aggar playing today and he played well. We all know he is the long term replacement for Hyypia and he is showing some real promise.

Crouch didn't have a good first half but improved as the game progressed and he got the crucial goal. It was made by an excellent cross from Bellamy and I hope it is the start of a bounty-full strike partnership. Also Riise's goal was brillant and I had to laugh as it went in (I would love to have seen Jose's face).

Today we showed everyone the strength our squad has and Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal should take note as Liverpool FC are going to be a real force to be reckoned with in the league this year and the years ahead.

So roll on RAFA'S RED REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:20 pm

fantastic performance from a beyond expectation formation of squad in agger debut and reserving gerrard and xabi
let alone momo and riise's goal, but fabio was pure class. his assist for the second goal was a perfect sample of figure that rafa has been trying to draw as a standard pattern of his style of attacking approach -including his 4-5-1; a pair of destroying and feeding left and right wingers who constantly threaten opposition by delivering the ball to the target man upfront. and his left foot, i've never seen a liverpool player being as that comfortable with it since ages. :buttrock
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:24 pm

liverpool 2 chelsea 1 wat a win :D  :D
buxxy

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:26 pm

Im delighted with todays result and performance...of course i am,im an LFC fan and love them dearly!!

Looking at some of the comments above though i feel that people are gettin a bit to excited and judging before the jury have been seated!
I dont mean to sound negative because i am happy and anticipate a good season ahead for us.
But for people to say'Who is Shevchenko' and all the rest are simply showing disrespect to a guy with a record that can only be described as great!
The biggest plus i can take out of todays performance is the fact that Raffa has highlighted that LFC have a good squad,and thats exactly what any team needs to be successful!
Gone are the days of 'The starting eleven'
Theres simply not such a thing anymore...we have more depth,in fact this season we have 30 yes thirty first team players that are able to play!
This is Raffas strength...he has an ability to juggle the players when needed...hes one of a special breed when it comes to getting the best from a squad!!

Kinda like a clown that juggles better with more balls....:)

We will be better this year and its gonna be interesting to see how much better!
Personally id put my house on a close second to Chelsea!
66-1120597113

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:32 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:fantastic performance from a beyond expectation formation of squad in agger debut and reserving gerrard and xabi
let alone momo and riise's goal, but fabio was pure class. his assist for the second goal was a perfect sample of figure that rafa has been trying to draw as a standard pattern of his style of attacking approach -including his 4-5-1; a pair of destroying and feeding left and right wingers who constantly threaten opposition by delivering the ball to the target man upfront. and his left foot, i've never seen a liverpool player being as that comfortable with it since ages. :buttrock

Yes Fabio was good but it was Bellamy who made the assist.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:36 pm

Does anybody know, what's the final ball possession % ?
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:40 pm

magic stuck on a rig just now!  A few chelski boys and im just sticking it to them.

dadadadadadadadadaaaaaaaaaaaaa
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:54 pm

Wow! great boost for us to start the season.

I didn't watch it because i couldn't find any channels here that puts it on  :angry:

I read the reviews and Heard that Sissoko put Lampard and Ballack in his pocket!! is that true?  :D  :laugh:

Also read that Zenden is much better playing on the center than the left.

Great to see Bellamy setting up a goal and working hard, with Pennant trying his best in the game. Till now they are looking like great players who wants to win and win.

Anyways Hopefully someone can put us a link to download the goal, but not youtube for me because the Saudi Internet Security also blocked that page  :angry:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:12 pm

great to beat this bunch again   you would think chelski didnt have a pre-season game the way maureen went on...  maureen knew liverpool had a good chance to win this game, so he came up with this cr.ap that that chelski weren,t ready for a game like this...chelski started this game with a stronger line up...maureen you will never out smart rafa  :laugh:   :cool:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:17 pm

lets not go over the top about this game, but we still have a a few days to put a few things right....shame That some players will be away from liverpool this week...England and and such.
SG look like he still needs 2 weeks off but i am sure he will be fine.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:58 pm

A very very good win by the boys,I for one am looking forward to going to work tomorrow because guess who my supervisor supports?? :laugh: :laugh:

MOTM - Momo Sissoko,super performance his boneshaking tackle on Ballack (just before Fat Frank got booked) the moment of the match!! :D :bowdown

Wasn't it nice to see the Chumpski end just over half full and how quickly did they leave at full time? :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Anfield Kop » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:07 pm

Bolo Zenden also played well and so did the new signings.
Last edited by Anfield Kop on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:07 pm

Festy wrote:Does anybody know, what's the final ball possession % ?

Liverpool 50.2% Chelsea 49.8% according to sky sports
territorial advantage - Liverpool 55.8% Chelsea 44.2%
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion