LIVERPOOL vs CHARLTON - Last League Game of the Season...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu May 10, 2007 3:37 am

Hard not to keep at least one eye on Greece when playing this game, but this game does decided whether we finish 3rd or 4th in the League, but Arsenal plays a tougher match because they are away and against a stronger team which has uefa and or intertoto cup dreams.

Dudek
    Finnan     Carra         Hyypia    Arbeloa
    Pennant   Gerrard     Alonso       Kewell
                   Fowler       Kuyt
Hyypia and Fowler deserve to play in the last game at home just in case they aren't on the team or playing even less next year.  We need to see if Kewell can go 90 and how effective he can be.  I think we need to give Arbeloa another shot at LB, he did so well when he first got here but hasn't been  playing as well recently.  If he shows good form in this game it might give Rafa more choices against Milan on the left (Arbeloa/Riise, Riise/Zenden, Riise/Kewell).  I say this a lot but I really hope Rafa uses Anderson or Hobbs as subs.
JoeTerp

Postby Effes » Thu May 10, 2007 4:03 am

I'd be amazed if Finnan played.

Expect Insua, Palleta, Zenden, Fowler etc to play.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 10, 2007 6:50 am

I'll be very disapointed if Rafa doesn't play a side capable of winning this match. I know its practically dead rubber with up having sewn up Champions League qualification and with Charlton being down BUT I want us to finish in that 3rd spot. Simply to say we are better than Arsenal and also to ward off a summer of bitter bluenose's going on about how they finished one place below us. Trivival I know but I want 3rd.

Dudek

Arbeloa
Carra
Hyypia
Insua

Pennant
Alonso
Sissoko
Kewell

Fowler
Bellamy
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:03 am

one thing is for sure, Dudek and God must play.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 10, 2007 8:33 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I'll be very disapointed if Rafa doesn't play a side capable of winning this match. I know its practically dead rubber with up having sewn up Champions League qualification and with Charlton being down BUT I want us to finish in that 3rd spot. Simply to say we are better than Arsenal and also to ward off a summer of bitter bluenose's going on about how they finished one place below us. Trivival I know but I want 3rd.

Dudek

Arbeloa
Carra
Hyypia
Insua

Pennant
Alonso
Sissoko
Kewell

Fowler
Bellamy

I would use that team Rafa apart from Carra (why risk him). Maybe Zenden instead of Xabi, depending on Rafa's plans etc.

As you can tell I am not that bothered about this result as long as we get the next match right. Now Charlton arn't fighting for survival they may decide to go out with their heads high, and it could be a lot more physical than we want or expect.

Robbie to get a goal would be great, even better if he could score again in Athens.
account deleted by request

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu May 10, 2007 10:57 am

I'm positive that Dudek, Hyypia, Fowler and Zenden will all play, as they're almost certainly all on their way out.

I really wish I could be there. It's going to be emotional. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Rafa talking about calling the big guns back. Hopefully we start

Dudek

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Arbeloa

Pennant
Gerrard
Alonso
Kewell

Kuyt
Fowler

3-0 Gerrard, Fowler and Kuyt

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri May 11, 2007 1:41 pm

Part of me thinks it will be a reserve side, part of me thinks it should be a stronger side. Two reasons for the strong side would be making sure the players have had a game recently before THE final and also we want to keep hold of third which would be likelier with a few of Gerrard, Finnan, Carragher, Kuyt and co playing. We should beat Charlton at home with anything like a decent side but the same should have been true at Fulham
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DazH- » Fri May 11, 2007 1:51 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Dudek

Arbeloa
Carra
Hyypia
Insua

Pennant
Alonso
Sissoko
Kewell

Fowler
Bellamy

I agree with this line-up except Sissoko's injured and won't play and Rafa may decide to rest carra again and give Palleta another chance. I think Paletta's a good defender but he's clearly finding English football tough, this would give him another opportunity to adapt and something to build on for next season because I believe he can be good backup for Carra and Agger
DazH-

Postby red37 » Fri May 11, 2007 7:38 pm

Dudek is apparently Out for this match with a Groin injury. Padelli is set to step in. (Im not sure of the credibility of the source article's website) As there doesn't seem to be any substantiating reports elsewhere, as yet.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/204972773?-11194

Also, on the subject of Goalies. This from the Indy about Carson:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/204834045?-11194

It'd be a shame for me, i rate the lads chances to realistically challenge the Jersey in a season or two's time. You cant blame the fella for wanting to cement a regular place though.

Rafa's getting through his fair share of Keepers along with CM's isnt he...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby BenitezTheBuffoon » Fri May 11, 2007 8:37 pm

It would be a mistake to let Carson go but I would not put it past Benitez the buffoon.
BenitezTheBuffoon

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 11, 2007 8:40 pm

How is this muppet still here with a name like that?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri May 11, 2007 9:39 pm

BenitezTheBuffoon wrote:It would be a mistake to let Carson go but I would not put it past Benitez the buffoon.

fukk off t1t!! :angry:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SuperScouser » Sat May 12, 2007 11:57 am

whats every1s predictions for tomoz game ??
SuperScouser

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat May 12, 2007 12:14 pm

SuperScouser wrote:whats every1s predictions for tomoz game ??

Who fixed your name scoucer lad  :D

On the subject of the game i know we dont want to risk injuries but do we also want the players to go into the final having played something like once in a month ?
That would be just as dangerous imo, match fitness could be affected, players get rusty without games, now i know Rafa would still be working them in training, but i just feel that the first team should play in this game.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion