Liverpool vs blackburn

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:38 pm

Finally,we've grabbed 3 vital points.Good results & good play.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:49 pm

Cisse has won a place in the starting XI and in my mind it's up to morientes and crouch to battle it out to see who will partner him (assuming we stick with the 4-4-2)
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:54 pm

Great to hear that we have finally gone back 4-4-2 but by all accounts it wasn't a very good performance. Heard Aldo on the car radio saying that Cisse didn't make much of an impression on the game other than the goal and wasn't really giving it his all.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:36 pm

We got 3 points it feels like winning the league at the mo, so who am I to complain?
I would say a whole lot but I am generally happy that we didnt get a bore draw cause it was certainly lookin like it.
I suppose Ill have me moan tomorrow or manday :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:23 pm

I can't understand something here.

4-5-1 and people call for Rafa's head and label it as a defencive tactic and that we can't score goals like that.

4-4-2, and people still complain.

FFS!
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:24 pm

Cisse didn't make much of an impression on the game other than the goal and wasn't really giving it his all.

and people wonder why he's on the bench....................
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:32 pm

A.B. wrote:I can't understand something here.

4-5-1 and people call for Rafa's head and label it as a defencive tactic and that we can't score goals like that.

4-4-2, and people still complain.

FFS!

What do you want then miracles?

Sissoko, and Zenden had a good game, but dont be critising supporters A.B. cause the players stunk the joint out today.
We need 2 upfront as of now and IMHO it is without Peter Crouch. Morientes could have scored 3 when he came on, but just back from injury you cant expect miracles.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:37 pm

What do you want then miracles?

I'm not talking about miracles, I'm talking about the fickleness of certain fans on here. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, it makes no difference, why? Because it won't change the fact that we're lack quality in certain positions.[wings]

Today we had enough chances to score 5 goals. You don't create chances by defending through out the entire game. In most games this season chances have been there for us, we haven't taken advantage of it and thats where the problem lies as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:51 pm

It was never going to be a ''pretty'' performance, mostly because of the International break. Last season after breaks like that we couldn't win games let alone play well.

There have been games in where we played well and didn't get nothing out of the game. You can't always play the best damn football on the planet. We needed a result today after the heavy blow laid by Chelsea, we got it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:21 am

decent performance, created a lot of chances, but we were very wasteful. IF we had an in form striker banging the goals in, we probably could have won by 4 or 5 tbh.

agree with u cpmpletely
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:23 am

Cisse didn't make much of an impression on the game other than the goal and wasn't really giving it his all.

wat game were u watching? ?????

i'll pick cisse over crouch anyday........
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby neilE » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 pm

the result today was absolutely vital, and we got it. Well done lads. If Morientes had put away either of his sitters, the scoreline would have reflected our domination of the game too - especially in the 2nd half. But we are still suffering from the failure in the transfer market in the summer. We played with 4 full backs on the pitch today, and 2, Josemi and Traore are not good enough for LFC anyway, which shows how light the squad is. Sissoko played very well, but for most of the game he was the attacking midfielder, with Alonso sitting in front of the defence - didn't really understand that one. As for Zenden, my patience has run out. Today was his big chance to play in Gerrard's role, and he failed - again! His only contribution apart from getting fouled a couple of times was a free kick onto the bar. Kewell at his typical worst would have been more effective than Zenden today. And still it was Warnock who went off for Riise to come on. I hope Cisse has earned himself a starting place as one of 2 strikers for the next few games. He did his job today, and hopefully he'll get some of his confidence back, and our lack of quality strikers won't look quite so obvious
neilE

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:12 pm

yesterday was not about the performance, it was about the result. after the 4-1 drubbing by chelsea it was vital that we won this game.

the league is so poor that if we win our two games in hand we're only two points off second.

the lack of cutting edge is definitely a worry though. also, without gerrard we just lack creativity and drive from the centre of the park, despite the fact that alonso had his best game for some while yesterday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:59 pm

people moans because we lose a good game
people moans because we win an ugly game
what the f*ck do they want? :)
how many times a team win a good game?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrx » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:21 pm

I don't care how we win....as long as we win. 

One more point...alonso played his best game this season...and gerrard wasn't playing with him....coincidence ???

My take, once gerrard comes back, need to put him on the right (finnan, garcia, pongolle... all kinda suck there). Let sissoko & alonso run the engine room until january...
***********The Rock*************
wrx

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion