LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:23 am

This is my take....

Sometimes a home draw is a good result and this is one such game. Blackburn totally deserved their draw. On the other hand we were really average. We played like england (ie...no cohesion in our play). So taking all into consideration, i think it was a good result against a very good blackburn team.

This is not the issue. The issue are the draw and the loss against eversh1t. If we had played a stronger team against them, we would have 5 more points.

Like i said before the draw with sheffield united and the loss to eversh1t is gonna cost us big and it is looking that way.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonidas08 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:31 am

I have no idea what is going on with us, a problem i noticed is our defence pushs up quite alot.

Garcia did those stupid flick ons with not evenign knowing who was behind him.
Alonso was not in the game much, not much impact
Aurelio was probably my fav player of the night, he was everywhere, altough he did some stupid cross ins.
Gerrard still lacks his full potential
Renia should not of tried to close the ball down with 2 defenders trying to heard the ball away

The midfield is the heart of the team, we really need to get the right positions for those players.
Leonidas08

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:46 am

Jerzy wrote:Why should I take unnecessary insults and personal insults from people on here just because they don't like my opinions? I do not start half the confrontations that I'm involved in.
So what you and Sabre are saying is, I can't retaliate to any personal attacks on myself and my opinions, beliefs and preferences, but it's okay for Lando and Saint as well as other idiots to mock me?

I take it this what you're saying? Well I'll tell you something, I'm not as bad as half the people on here make me out to be. How would you like it if your mother was called a "whore" by Lando or someone else. Not only that he mocked my Mexican background with what can only be described as pure racism.

But no that’s perfectly acceptable isn't it? As soon as I call him a fat b.astard, I get a warning or get stick.

Hypocrisy should be punishable by the death penalty.

:no

What was racist about calling your Mother a whore, you thick tw*t?

You know, to say how much you p*ss and whine over other people supposedly "making things up" and "telling lies", you certainly LOVE to be hypocritical.

You post sh*t, I and some others say "you're talking sh*t", and you come back with something like "you thick, uneducated tw*t :D ".

Now, is it me, or is that YOU starting with the insults? I merely state the facts until people start getting shirty.

You diseased worm.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:45 am

Baby, baby, baby.

Please discuss the game.  Stop the fighting.  It's too late in the day.  It's the weekend.  It's only the internet. 

Seriously, think about it.  Fuck it off.  If you don't agree with each other, fair enough, but don't make me have to lock the thread or delete posts. 

Big game against Manchester United coming up.  I'm hoping it's going to be the catalyst for the season.  No fucking injuries, suspensions or internationals to worry about.  The season starts here.
jonnymac1979

Postby Espionage » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:52 am

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:crouch missed some easy chances and :censored: me off.
Reina made a dodgey decision to close the ball down with the goal
Hyypia looks to be down and out for the count at the moment.

I am not a goal keeper, but to me it didnt seem like Reina made that big a mistake.  He was in perfect position to defend if the first man got to the ball which is what it looked like was going to happen.  I thought that in that situation he came out at the right time and it was pretty lucky that the ball just bounced over Finnan's head.  Just a extremely lucky cross that seemed to avoid everyone.....
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:29 am

Our defence is awful at this moment. THe defence should have closed down to the ball before it bounced. Bounced ball make it more difficult to defend. What was Reina doing out of his position? Our front line created a lot of chances. Crouch should have at least 2 goals .... mannnn!!!!! where is our lady luck???
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:50 am

As jonnymac says the season starts here. We cant afford to lose at Man U and a lucky 1-0 will be a big lift to us all.

Today from the little I saw the question over Gerrard's position has been answered once and for all. Gerrard must play right midfield with Momo and Alonso central. Gerrard also needs to start scoring again if we are to get back on track.

Pennant is proving at the moment, my worst fears about him, but hopefully he will prove his worth from the bench, because I dont expect to see him starting another game for a while unless we have injuries.

Crouch should have had at least one goal and possibly two. Bad luck or poor finishing ?

There seems to be major problems with our back 4. Bog standard crosses from our left hit over Hyypia seem to cause us too many problems at the moment. Players running at Hyypia same thing.

We shouldnt need to rely on referees sending opposition players off, but I have been surprised at how lenient they have been this season. Maybe watching the WC has changed my expectations too much.

A disappointing result and 8 points to make up is a huge gap. A win at the Mancs and Portsmouth getting a draw at Chelski next week and things will look a bit brighter.

Onward and hopefully upward from here on in.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:57 am

Im sorry but I just cant see us getting anything out of the Manc game, got a terrible hangover Liverpool are really depressing me.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:14 am

Ciggy wrote:Im sorry but I just cant see us getting anything out of the Manc game, got a terrible hangover Liverpool are really depressing me.

I cant help you with the depression,  but 2 asprins and a pint of water may help with the hangover. I do however believe we will beat the Mancs next week.

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:17 am

As Saint says, let's hope for a lucky 1-0 against Manure.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:34 am

Some people say we should have won the match, others say we were :censored: fair enough but a draw is better than a defeat ! :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:51 am

i thik we played it very ugly and not deserving full points, but the opponent's too. we've been told that we have survived the ealiest stage, that is mastering all about passing, when rafa came; and i reckon we've been in the latest stage and being ready for the title challenge. but yeterday's match even our passing looked cr@p. i thought it's time to level our steps up with other big clubs in the titles challenge. the other side that looks brighter is, bolton got two shoots and reaped two goals as well being blackburn got one shoot and convereted to one goal; i mean it could also be due to opponent's luck.
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 am

Only 2 players were arsed yesterday alonso and sammi, the rest looked like they could´nt give a sh.it, cant blame Rafa for the performance they just could´nt be bothered.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:57 am

Espionage wrote:
Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:crouch missed some easy chances and :censored: me off.
Reina made a dodgey decision to close the ball down with the goal
Hyypia looks to be down and out for the count at the moment.

I am not a goal keeper, but to me it didnt seem like Reina made that big a mistake.  He was in perfect position to defend if the first man got to the ball which is what it looked like was going to happen.  I thought that in that situation he came out at the right time and it was pretty lucky that the ball just bounced over Finnan's head.  Just a extremely lucky cross that seemed to avoid everyone.....

I agree with you Espionage

I have looked at the replay for the goal a few times now and Reina had to come out. If the ball beat Carra (as it did ) he was perfectly placed to stop the shot from the Blackburn player, unfortunately the ball beat him too, bounced over Finnans head and perfectly for the waiting McCarthy who could then slide it into the empty net.

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:58 am

puroresu wrote:I agree its about signing the right players.  Rafa thought Alves was the right player but we wouldnt pay the going rate.  The cheaper option was pennant and at the moment is debatable whether he actually warrents a place in the side.

Totally true Pennants been dissapointing so far.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion