LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA - PRE MATCH DISCUSSION

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PortosupportsLFC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:14 am

Lol, yeah...in fact we are really worried about not being there...it's very very strange for us! And that's because we are one of the 2 or 3 teams with more presences in the Champions League. In the other hand it must be very strange for you to be there :)
But don't be nervous, last year you played against the european champions(fcp) 3 times and you lost twice. So playing against current european champions might not be strange for you...and loosing against them too.
You are so dumb that you can only argument by insulting...but nothing special since it's comming from slb supporters.

PS: hey pool fans,do u know that benfica president has been promising to all benfica supporters that they will be European Champions this Season? And they all have faith in it! LOL Let's all have a big laugh at them!
PS2: Actually he has been promising they'll win the major trophy since...I don't know..3 or 4 years. :laugh:  :laugh:

PS3: hey chickens look at this again

Last edited by PortosupportsLFC on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
PortosupportsLFC

Postby GOAT » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:23 am

This better not turn into a porto v benfica slagging off thread..this is a liverpool forum guys
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby PortosupportsLFC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:32 am

Of course GOAT , you're right :)
So,what's the LFC Line-up to beat benfica tomorrow?
PortosupportsLFC

Postby MaccaLFC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:35 am

PortosupportsLFC wrote:Of course GOAT , you're right :)

Probably,

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Riise

Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Kewell

Crouch
Morientes
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby GOAT » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:42 am

MaccaLFC wrote:

Probably,

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Riise

Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Kewell

Crouch
Morientes

yep, thats about right, strong side, apart from morientes of course, i would prefer fowler in there but i cant see rafa starting him
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby MaccaLFC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:47 am

GOAT wrote:
MaccaLFC wrote:

Probably,

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Riise

Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Kewell

Crouch
Morientes

yep, thats about right, strong side, apart from morientes of course, i would prefer fowler in there but i cant see rafa starting him

Nando will score tomorrow. :bowdown
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby GOAT » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:53 am

:D i hope so, he might prove me wrong for once
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:56 am

Well on paper it's a walkover for us, but it's never quite that simple for LFC is it!?!

We need to be on our toes, and not let complacency set in.

I'd play Robbie as the slower pace of Benfica's game plan would allow him to excell. He is the most technically gifted forward we have (including Mori), and not playing him would be silly, IMO.

Fowler and Crouch, then bring Mori and Cisse on later on when the F-C combo has knocked in 4 goals and worn the defenders out!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby badradio » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:00 am

Hi guys! Another Benfica fan here...

I'm hoping for a good game tomorrow... If you think that we never seen anyone as Peter Crouch, you should take a look at our center back Luisão. They're good for each other..lol
Most of Benfica fans got happy with the draw because we usually do fine against english teams, and let's face it, there wasn't too much to choose anyway. If we lose, we lose against the cup holders. And it will be great to visit the mytical Anfield. I think that it will be very difficult for us, and, playing the second leg away, even more difficult it will be. If Benfica takes the lead, they'll probably try to defend it. And going with 1-0 to Anfield, with the fans on your side, only a Super Benfica can make it. When we played Man Utd we had the clock on our side, they were getting nervous as the time was running out. I don't think that Liverpool will experience that unless Benfica gets a 2 goals margin. You'll always know that you still have that game at home.
Personally, I would prefer to see Crouch in the line up. In my opinion Luis Garcia is one of the best midfielders in the world... If I were you I would be worried with our set pieces. Petit, Simão, Robert, Manuel Fernandes...they take free kicks very well. Besides that, even tough we haven't scored for ages on corner kicks, we have tall players like Luisão, Alcides or Marcel that can make it.
Liverpool fans have also posted in Benfica's forum, they were all very polite..Thanks! I obviously want Benfica to go through, but losing to Liverpool is not quite losing to Deportivo, Lyon or Monaco. We're talking about two historical clubs.
We will try to support our team, Liverpool may be booed, but it's just during the game. We respect Liverpool very much. And I'm expecting a similar reception by the Kop on Anfield too.

To the Oporto guy... It seems that you have a lot of free time this week to be posting against Benfica. Don't worry, next weekend you'll be playing again.;)
And it's quite funny to see some Oporto fan trashing other clubs fans. Afterall, it weren't some Oporto fans that attacked their own manager, destroying his car with him inside a couple weeks ago (when you were already first placed?). And it's also ironic to see you talking about referees when your president is a step away from being charged on referee's corruption. Your club payed trips to Brasil to referees, for christ sake!

Good luck for tomorow. I hope Benfica wins!!
Last edited by badradio on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
badradio

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:17 am

Welcome badradio.

Thanks for not acting like a tw*t!!!!! :)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benfica Fan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:36 am

Oh, look at all these Porto fans. Don't listen to them, they're just pist because they got eliminated by Artmedia and Rangers and that their president pays whores to :censored: reffs, how sad... But they'll get through it...

FCP 0 - 2 SLB Still hurts?! :laugh:
Last edited by Benfica Fan on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benfica Fan

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:41 am

so  :Oo:  are porto and benfica like brother teams  :p

damn this is so funny watching there banter, just as good as Liverpool with everton, lol, i ve read this topic through twice its sooo funny.

anyways im confident Liverpool will win tomoz but im afraid to predict a score line.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby PortosupportsLFC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:47 am

badradio wrote:Hi guys! Another Benfica fan here...

I'm hoping for a good game tomorrow... If you think that we never seen anyone as Peter Crouch, you should take a look at our center back Luisão. They're good for each other..lol
Most of Benfica fans got happy with the draw because we usually do fine against english teams, and let's face it, there wasn't too much to choose anyway. If we lose, we lose against the cup holders. And it will be great to visit the mytical Anfield. I think that it will be very difficult for us, and, playing the second leg away, even more difficult it will be. If Benfica takes the lead, they'll probably try to defend it. And going with 1-0 to Anfield, with the fans on your side, only a Super Benfica can make it. When we played Man Utd we had the clock on our side, they were getting nervous as the time was running out. I don't think that Liverpool will experience that unless Benfica gets a 2 goals margin. You'll always know that you still have that game at home.
Personally, I would prefer to see Crouch in the line up. In my opinion Luis Garcia is one of the best midfielders in the world... If I were you I would be worried with our set pieces. Petit, Simão, Robert, Manuel Fernandes...they take free kicks very well. Besides that, even tough we haven't scored for ages on corner kicks, we have tall players like Luisão, Alcides or Marcel that can make it.
Liverpool fans have also posted in Benfica's forum, they were all very polite..Thanks! I obviously want Benfica to go through, but losing to Liverpool is not quite losing to Deportivo, Lyon or Monaco. We're talking about two historical clubs.
We will try to support our team, Liverpool may be booed, but it's just during the game. We respect Liverpool very much. And I'm expecting a similar reception by the Kop on Anfield too.

To the Oporto guy... It seems that you have a lot of free time this week to be posting against Benfica. Don't worry, next weekend you'll be playing again.;)
And it's quite funny to see some Oporto fan trashing other clubs fans. Afterall, it weren't some Oporto fans that attacked their own manager, destroying his car with him inside a couple weeks ago (when you were already first placed?). And it's also ironic to see you talking about referees when your president is a step away from being charged on referee's corruption. Your club payed trips to Brasil to referees, for christ sake!

Good luck for tomorow. I hope Benfica wins!!

Indeed, I'm on vacations, ended my exams last week so I have plenty of free time right now :) And it's raining you know...don't feel like going out :P

fterall, it weren't some Oporto fans that attacked their own manager, destroying his car with him inside a couple weeks ago (when you were already first placed?)

Yes..some fans..not the majority..and it's a bit dumb to give that example..since I don't think the majority of the fans agree with that attitude, so either you're talking about some fans or all, or should I say that All the supporters of benfica are Assassins since some ultras killed one sporting supporter? Think before speaking.

And it's also ironic to see you talking about referees when your president is a step away from being charged on referee's corruption. Your club payed trips to Brasil to referees, for christ sake!

Come on! You know very well you weren't the best team last year and that if it wasn't a lot of referees that decided a lot of games of benfica, you simply wouldn't win the title! Porto has payed referees? I don't know that (you must have proofs with you) but I don't remember Porto winning any championship last decade without being the best team all year and for just 3 points ahead of the 2nd place (which means that the refs clearly decided the championship).

---
Now, I'm sorry LFC fans for talking about this again...this was my last post about Porto/benfica, and I won't answer to any benfica fan again.
PortosupportsLFC

Postby badradio » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:15 am

I don't want to ruin this topic, so I won't answer you here...maybe this forum has an off-topic sub forum. Maybe I'll open a new topic, so that that Liverpool fans can know a little more from the FC Porto's league titles.

Now, I'm sorry LFC fans for talking about this again...this was my last post about Porto/benfica, and I won't answer to any benfica fan again.

Lol...you came here to provoke Benfica fans, and now you're speaking like it was us who came here to provoke you. Maybe this little tete-a-tete isn't going your way,right?

Benfica fans respect Liverpool a lot, they 'haven't been here' for the last 2 decades. And I'm sure most of them respect Benfica as an historical club. In fact, it would be better for us if you took the same attitude that Man Utd fans and Alex Ferguson did, with their 'easy winning' comments. It was good to motivate our players. Rafa Benitez may think that, but he's not stupid and always shows respect for Benfica. It's a win-'win' situation.
It seems that Simão is not going to Liverpool afterall, but for those who are still hopeful, I can post some links to Simão's goals. Then you can see for yourself...
badradio

Postby PortosupportsLFC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:28 am

No badradio, I didn't even know there were Benfica fans in this forum. I've come here to show Liverpool fans we are on their side. Nothing to do with Benfica fans. This is a Liverpool forum so I didn't come here to provoke you.I'm not here to argue with you but to "ask" them to beat Benfica tomorrow :) Have you got problems with that?
PortosupportsLFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion