LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA - PRE MATCH DISCUSSION

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gaunt » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:11 am

14 million fans wtf?  :laugh:

Jeez Benfica fans really are deluded. mYour club is a small fish in a big pond.
Gaunt

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:25 am

all this banter is getting pretty boring now.
If you all promise to leave untill after the second leg i promise you that i will let you banter all you want.

Liverpool are better than benfica though, even if they have 140000,000,000,000,000, fans.
:p
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Glorioso » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:19 am

Differences between our teams: LFC is good on the finals, we don't; you have "glory hunters" fans (17M?!  :laugh:, before the last season, they were probably, 1,7M), we don't; we have a great stadium, you don't; you have a lot of money to spend in spanish players, we don't; .....

But both are the most successful teams in UK and Portugal and both are red. We have the same passion for the colour. Both are important teams with an amazing history in Europe.

And if u didn't play in uefa competitions in 1985-90, it was your fault and it was deserved so don't complain about that. It's the proof that you have very good and very bad fans, like all teams in the world!
Glorioso

Postby Effes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:22 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Theo@home » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:43 am

Glorioso wrote:Differences between our teams: LFC is good on the finals, we don't; you have "glory hunters" fans (17M?!  :laugh:, before the last season, they were probably, 1,7M), we don't; we have a great stadium, you don't; you have a lot of money to spend in spanish players, we don't; .....

But both are the most successful teams in UK and Portugal and both are red. We have the same passion for the colour. Both are important teams with an amazing history in Europe.

And if u didn't play in uefa competitions in 1985-90, it was your fault and it was deserved so don't complain about that. It's the proof that you have very good and very bad fans, like all teams in the world!

Lets forget about the number of fans thing, yes? You obviously havent got a clue....

So Anfield's not a great stadium? ??? Depends what you mean by a great stadium I guess. There are plenty of well made 100,000 seater stadia in Japan and Korea but they're not exactly world famous are they?  Mention the name Anfield in any country in the world (yes even Portugal) and I guarantee you'll find a Liverpool fan not far away.

I didn't mention the Heysel tradgedy as an excuse for us not winning or featuring in more European competitions, merely pointing out that the competition could not seriously be considerd to prove who the best team in Europe was if there were no English teams playing.  With all due respect to fans of the following teams, three of the five titles were won by Steaua Bucharest, PSV, and Porto, (Milan taking out the last two years) none really seen as giants on the European scene at the time.   :talktothehand
Theo@home

Postby Glorioso » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:08 pm

No, the giants on the Europe scene that time were Porto, Steaua and Red Star.. we have to understand that the titles aren't only to spanish, english and italian teams. And yes, my arguement was not valid: Anfield is a great stadium  :bowdown
Glorioso

Postby darwisigila » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:54 pm

[quote]

Posted: Mar. 01 2006,10:19
Glorioso
LFC Basic Member

you have "glory hunters" fans (17M?!) 

You have 14 million glory hunters....hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
darwisigila

Postby darwisigila » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:56 pm

14 millions? hahahahahahahahahahahah
darwisigila

Postby gato_busta » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:44 pm

Glorioso wrote:
gato_busta wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
BENFICA O GLORIOSO wrote:Probably you should study your History lesson before you show such insanity.

Let me tell you one last thing. The study that concluded we are 14.000.000 of supporters all over the planet was made by a specialized company.

Probably you should study a bit more about your own country .

You claim that Benfica have a fan base of 14,000,000 . Well my friend ,Portugal has a population of 10,501,051 .(at the last count) .Now even if we assume that every single one of them supports your club ,that still means you've got to find another 3,500,000 in other parts of the world .Here in England there's a Portugese man living a few doors from me ,he supports Sporting ! , my local Portugese cafe flies the flag of Porto ! As for your former colonies,in Mozambique the africans I spoke to only supported Brasil and it's players and in Diu and Goa the locals (indians )were only interested in cricket  ,so where exactley are these 14,000,000 Benfica supporters apart from in your obviously deluded mind ?

Please do us all a favour and
STOP TALKING OUT OF YOUR A'RSE

You took the words out of my mouth :D . I'll just add the biggest portuguese colony is Brazil. Now, WHY IN THE WORLD would they waste their time following the Portuguese league? They have surpassed portugal football-wise a long time ago. Oh and the study was made by a specialized company? Do you even know which or did you get fron one of the many tabloids you must read?

Also

SL_Benfica Posted on Feb. 27 2006,15:28
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benfica 1 - 0 FC Porto 

wrong forum

You can't understand something like that because your team is supported mainly in Liverpool (don't counting with "chinese fans",because they support the team of the moment), while my club is popular in all the country..

There's a little problem with your theory. IM NOT ENGLISH, IM NOT CHINESE EITHER. Im Peruvian, live in Peru and have done so all of my life. And don't say I support Liverpool just because they won the champions league. I support them since the Houllier was around. Many of the people in the forum are not in Liverpool, not even in England so stop talking out of your @ss and sayin that only people of the city of Liverpool and the Chineese support the team.

I can also tell you FOR A FACT that in South America Benfica are not considered a big team. The portuguese league is not even transmited on TV anymore because nobody saw it.  :no
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Kasual » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:07 pm

Great stats there TheOracle, Liverpool has got an impressive history and as far as i know the fans aren't glory hunters. I remember hearing some years ago that despite not wininng anything for a long time Anfield got the record for the most straight games packed, correct me if i'm wrong.
Obviously throughout Asia you won a lot of fans with last year's CL final, specially cuz of the inspiring comeback.

Theo@Home : i don't wanna talk more about it, but isn't it remotely possible that we know more about our fanbase than you? i don't have any need to be lying here, that's what's bothering me, you're calling me and others lyers. that number is still below your no. of fans. if i was to lie i would lie in style. 14 millions is not impressive, impressive is 100 millions like Al-Ahly from Cairo.

gato_busta : yes Benfica is maybe as known in Peru like alianza lima in portugal, but we both know they are different clubs. i would be surprised if the portuguese league was transmitted to peru but i know for a fact that it's transmitted to brazil.

p.s. i've found the study that stated the number 14 million in the first place on the net. it's got the geographical distribution of all the fans throughout the world if anyone's interested at all and needs any proof.
Last edited by Kasual on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasual

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Well I'm not from Liverpool, but I'd still kick yer a*s for insulting th eplace and the team. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:24 pm

I seriously dont know why this topic is still open  :O
It serves no purpose what so ever.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:40 pm

It should get "bumped" for the 2nd leg - hopefully the Benfica fans will come on here and discuss further then.
Dont wanna hear about the X million fans though - it's been bored to death and is virtually imeasureable anyway.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:26 pm

galo wrote:Benfica has more European finals than Liverpool and if you think they were 50 years ago you're wrong, some of them were after your wins in the 70's and 80's, in 1988 against PSV Eindhoven and 1990 against AC Milan.

We even lost one (1988) in penalties. :S

yes and liverpool have won it FIVE times and your team TWICE,and your argument is???
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Glorioso » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:54 am

Effes wrote:It should get "bumped" for the 2nd leg - hopefully the Benfica fans will come on here and discuss further then.
Dont wanna hear about the X million fans though - it's been bored to death and is virtually imeasureable anyway.

All Liverpool fans saying that the conversation about fans is boring but they post 170000000000000000 times about it  :laugh: ..

:sleep
Glorioso

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion