LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA - PRE MATCH DISCUSSION

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:57 pm

Imagine a player like Henry in our team the guy is awesome.It looks as though he took the píss with Madrid tonight..........
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:57 pm

Adriano and Henry would of struggled tonight in a LFC shirt. Tonight like too many games this season had the strikers feeding of scraps. Lack of service means the forwards are gonna struggle. We dont attack in numbers and their is not enough genuine pace in the team.

Lyon aint got the best players in Europe but what they do have is pace. Thats why they hurt teams so much as all over the park they have extreme pace. Fowards, midfielders all hurt teams.
puroresu

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Worst performance in a long time from us. There is still another 90 mins to go though. At Anfield let's get behind our team. It's going to be another Olympiacos game folks. It's not over yet. Keep your chins up guys.

I am dissapointed but we must stay positive and focus on the next game and try not to let this game affect us. I am still confident we can go through but once again Liverpool do things the hard way.

COME ON YOU REDS

YNWA  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:58 pm

I will start by saying the 2nd leg will be a different game altogether - we will progress to the next round.

As for this game.....

F*cking p!ss poor TBH - Kewell (2nd half), Garcia, Morientes and Alonso wasteful in possession too often and no impetus to shoot - again! One f*cking stupid mistake cost us and that's what p!sses me off the most - such a cheap goal to concede. We simply switched off - and no-one start with all the 'we are rubbish at set pieces' :censored: - it's simply bo!!ocks.

Benfica were one of the poorest team's i've seen us play in Europe - more so than Leverkusen last year and it baffles me how we haven't come away with a goal when, really, Benfica didn't offer any resisitance - we simply didn't press onto them and make ANY chances.

I hope Rafa absolutely lays into the players as we should be coming back with a result - he know's it as well, his face said it all.

Rest assured, as mentioned at the top of the post, Benfica will suffer at Anfield!  :angry:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:59 pm

I tell you what if tonight is anything to go by i'm glad we didnt pay fecking stupid money for simao
Last edited by drummerphil on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:00 pm

I was just shocked by the lack of midfield football tonight, everything came from the back four and all the midfield could do was hoof it even further in a vain attempt at an attack.

On another note, Rafa needs to really decide on some striker partnerships.  Changing it week in week out is no help.  Mabye thats why we were hitting so many long balls today, perhaps the midfield forgot that Peter Crouch was on the bench :p
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:00 pm

Feeney wrote:I will start by saying the 2nd leg will be a different game altogether - we will progress to the next round.

As for this game.....

F*cking p!ss poor TBH - Kewell (2nd half), Garcia, Morientes and Alonso wasteful in possession too often and no impetus to shoot - again! One f*cking stupid mistake cost us and that's what p!sses me off the most - such a cheap goal to concede. We simply switched off - and no-one start with all the 'we are rubbish at set pieces' :censored: - it's simply bo!!ocks.

Benfica were one of the poorest team's i've seen us play in Europe - more so than Leverkusen last year and it baffles me how we haven't come away with a goal when, really, Benfica didn't offer any resisitance - we simply didn't press onto them and make ANY chances.

I hope Rafa absolutely lays into the players as we should be coming back with a result - he know's it as well, his face said it all.

Rest assured, as mentioned at the top of the post, Benfica will suffer at Anfield!  :angry:

personally i thought TNS give us more problems..........how the :censored: did we lose that.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:01 pm

never mind the goal...we created fuc.k all the whole game...couldnt believe the striker selection  mori should never have started on current form,  would have loved to see cisse/crouch with fowler...im sick and tired of people saying how great he was at monaco and madrid, all that matters is now...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:03 pm

yeah, not impressed by simao tonight, all i saw was a diving, cheating bas.tard.

Well 1-0 down at half time, its easily turned around, we are the comeback kings these days afterall
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:03 pm

I would like to see whether the Fowler/Cisse partnership would work.......its the only combination Rafa hasn't tried.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Really disappointed tonight.
We had an oppurtunity to take a lead to Anfield and due to some poor performances ended up losing and now although we should be strong enough w have left a challenge.
We seem to prefer to do things the hard way.
I thought both wide players really struggled and although we defended well, the defenders distribution of the ball was shocking and didnt give the strikers any oppurtunity to make an impression on the Benfica goal.
YET ANOTHER SET PIECE GOAL CONCEDED, WTF is going on there ?
We have good enough players to come back in a fortnight, but we really need to pick the strongest 11, and have the guts to attack in numbers.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:04 pm

Another set piece disaster. :(  Bad passes, gave the ball  easily throughout the game and we were very poor offensively. this game is one of the worst we had for a while. Very frustrating. Just hope we can turn it around at anfield.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Kewell coudn't cross the street tonight, we had nobody on the right, and we lacked a world class striker! Poor game- poor result.  We should have killed it off in the first half.  We gotta spend bit on a right winger, and striker.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:07 pm

Anyway i hope Barcelona give Chelski a hiding...........
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:07 pm

How the **** did we lose tonight? :angry:

Still,it sets things up nicely for the return leg,another one of those classic European nights?

I'm just glad I'm not in our dressing room judging by the look on Rafa's face! ???
Gracias King Rafa

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion