LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA - PRE MATCH DISCUSSION

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:37 pm

This long throw thing is not happening, we are not Bolton or Everton, we have enough players to pace it about and get it into the box
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:38 pm

HOW THE F*CK HAVE WE LOST THAT........I hope certain players (garcia,kewell) get f*cking slaughtered by Rafa in the changing room.Not one shot on target..? ???? ???
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:39 pm

Impressive, these performances are always such downers.  BUT you always know the second leg at Anfield will be a totally diffrent game.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby DZed » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:40 pm

It definitely sucks but we'll win at Anfield! We just can't let a goal in.
DZed

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:41 pm

We have already lost once and drew two at home in Europe this season.........so its hardly a formality.........
Overall apart from one set piece we controlled the game in defense and midfield........but up front :censored: woeful.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:42 pm

Arsenal beating madrid was some consolation...... if we don't win it i hope they do.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:42 pm

one of the most disappointing performances all season tonight. NO sense of urgency whatsoever, almost as if they expected to win without having to work for it.

Ok, we had possession, but Benfica didn't really come out to play, so that isn't saying much. Our distribution was appalling. Commentators were talking about the strikers not doing their job.....I can't agree with that as they go zero service. How many hit and hope balls did we see over the top tonight? Shocking.

I was quite the advocate at the beginning of the season that we weren't as dependant on Gerrard as we clearly are. When he came off the bench, he was working 2 gears higher than the rest of the team..and the only one with a real sense of urgency.

We should have murdered them.
Homebooby

Postby bigxchris » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:43 pm

Homebooby wrote:Our distribution was appalling.

Agreed, I would love to see the count for the amount of passbacks to Reina for the whole match.
bigxchris

Postby Homebooby » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:44 pm

bigxchris wrote:Impressive, these performances are always such downers.  BUT you always know the second leg at Anfield will be a totally diffrent game.

point is it that is shouldn't get that far with an opposition that didn't even really come out to defend. We need to snap up these opportunities to take the pressure off.

The 2nd leg should not be worth playing after 90 mins of what I just sat through. We should be goals and goals ahead.
Homebooby

Postby mgabby » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:45 pm

a very bad result for us. i don't like it at all.
now, if they score a goal at anfield - we must score 3 ...
looks like olympiakos once again :(
mgabby

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:45 pm

Robbie was poor tonight, he looked off the pace and his touch and general lay off play was also poor.

Apart from the goal we looked solid at the back, but guess what you need to score goals to win games and we never even looked close to that.

If i was a benfica fan I wouldnt be all that worried about the second leg on Liverpools performance tonight.

(But we all know differently :;): )
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:46 pm

This 1-0 defeat will just build to the pressure at Anfield .
i could have rather 1-2 but 0-1 is very-very dangerous.If they score one at Anfield ...............
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:46 pm

To be fiar to Robbie and Moro the service to the boys up front was non bloody existant, all we seemed capable of doing was hoofing the ball up the pitch.
bigxchris

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:46 pm

AH Thats a sticky one but we can come back from this i know can up the redmen well done boys only 1-0 to them you can do it have faith it's not like they played us of the park :)

Walk On
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:47 pm

weringo wrote:Arsenal beating madrid was some consolation...... if we don't win it i hope they do.

funnier things have happened.......Arsenal are having a season very similar to us last year.They could finish 5th and ..........well the rest is history.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion