LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA - PRE MATCH DISCUSSION

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:51 pm

badradio wrote:Maybe I'll open a new topic, so that that Liverpool fans can know a little more from the FC Porto's league titles.

got a tip mate. don't bother. nobody cares :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lisbon Red » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:54 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
PortosupportsLFC wrote:U're welcome :) Tomorrow, your win will be our joy :) Oh, be aware of the chicken flu! That stadium is contaminated!

It cannot be as bad as Old Trafford (the ground of Man Utd) they had mice inside the ground there  :D

I remember that... But it was not mice... it was rats.
It was about two years ago, when porto played there.
Lisbon Red

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:54 pm

what is it with fans of other clubs? it's happening before every game we play. Some crackpots from other clubs who have not got interesting forums of their own decide to invade our beloved forum with garbage.

Badradio - nobody gives a shit so please dont waste your time.

tut, nowt as funny as folk
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:55 pm

Just noticed that Simao Sabrosa is not on the list of players for betting who scores first on the Coral website. Is he deffinatley playing tonight?
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:09 pm

cue the captions :D

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:16 pm

"And whoever score-r tonight-a will get this much of my big love" :p
ivor_the_injun

Postby maximus » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:16 pm

stmichael wrote:cue the captions :D

If your happy and you know it clap your hands  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Ah, maybe he's setting out new rules for restrained goal celebrations.
ivor_the_injun

Postby galo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:20 pm

My gut feeling :

Benfica 2 (Robert, from a free kick; Beto after shooting and ball beating in 3 Liverpool players before going in :D) - Liverpool 0
galo

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:20 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:Just noticed that Simao Sabrosa is not on the list of players for betting who scores first on the Coral website. Is he deffinatley playing tonight?

simao will definitely play but they've got some injuries to key players at the moment.

Unavailable:

Moreira (goalkeeper, long term injury), Nuno Assis (attacking midfielder, doping), Geovanni ®** (right-winger/forward), Manduca ® (left-winger, second-forward, inelegible), Marco Ferreira (right-winger, inelegible), Miccoli ®** (forward)

On the bench: Quim, Rocha ®, Beto ®, Karyaka, Robert ®, Marcel ®, Mantorras

Probable Starting 11: Moretto; Alcides, Luisão, Anderson, Leo; Manuel Fernandes, Petit; Nélson, Karagounis, Simão; Nuno Gomes.

....................................................................................

as if they've got a player called "quim" though  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby galo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:27 pm

stmichael wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:Just noticed that Simao Sabrosa is not on the list of players for betting who scores first on the Coral website. Is he deffinatley playing tonight?

simao will definitely play but they've got some injuries to key players at the moment.

Unavailable:

Moreira (goalkeeper, long term injury), Nuno Assis (attacking midfielder, doping), Geovanni ®** (right-winger/forward), Manduca ® (left-winger, second-forward, inelegible), Marco Ferreira (right-winger, inelegible), Miccoli ®** (forward)

On the bench: Quim, Rocha ®, Beto ®, Karyaka, Robert ®, Marcel ®, Mantorras

Probable Starting 11: Moretto; Alcides, Luisão, Anderson, Leo; Manuel Fernandes, Petit; Nélson, Karagounis, Simão; Nuno Gomes.

....................................................................................

as if they've got a player called "quim" though  :laugh:

The right back has to be Nélson, not that "tosco" (lol) Alcides, and Robert will be in the first eleven with him and Simão alternating sides during the game.

He's an awesome player.. but he's much better playing from behind.. he gains more momentum and is much more difficult to stop.. you'll see, if he plays. :)
galo

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:19 pm

According to Xavier Rivoire, a well respected french journo with the racing post, cisse is very hopefull that he will start the game, in a short interview cisse also says that is more comfortable with benitez rotating the squad and it was frustrating at first but cisse is now happy. he also thinks his pace will do a lot of damage. the winner awaw to fenerbache and Xavier thinks cisse will score first here as well, if anyone cares
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kasual » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:35 pm

what is it with fans of other clubs? it's happening before every game we play. Some crackpots from other clubs who have not got interesting forums of their own decide to invade our beloved forum with garbage.

i agree, why the :censored: do benfica fans keep praising the club here? what does it matter if nelson gains more or less momentum, do you think anyone gives a :censored: about that? Would it be even remotely interesting if liverpool boys came to our forums and said "yes, this lad crouch is very tall but fowler has more determination".
why do you feel the necessity to come here to the liverpool forums and talk about benfica players. We don't need to publicize anyone, we'll just play 2 games against Liverpool and that's it. What's this for?
What's all the talk about the inferno da luz. Yes we(benfica fans) all know it has a great atmosphere ocasionally but to liverpool fans it's just another fan from another club warning about their unsurpassable, almighty stadium, claiming that's it's the best atmosphere in the world.
Anfield, Ali Sami Yen, San Siro, Olimpico, Velodrome, St James Park... they've all been to these stadiums, it's normal for them big atmospheres... clear?

Rejoice over our team and atmosphere in our own forums not here, and most of all contribute in your own way to help benfica beat another opponent in it's history this night.
Kasual

Postby FC Porto » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:27 pm

Cain wrote:Benfica are a big club, they have lots of fans, they sell lots of newspapers, it's just a very easy club to like. And that's why plenty of people don't like Benfica.

WTF?! Liverpool is much bigger than Benfica, and I like Liverpool, despite not being my club! It has nothing to do with the dimension, but with the attitude of most of the fans! Most of benfica fans can't lose and specially can't win! (I said "most of", and not "all", ok?)
In this case, for example...I feel Liverpool fans are showing more respect for benfica, than benfica fans for Liverpool, and I find it incredible cause Liverpool is far, far better than benfica...!!! And anyway, I'm free to support whoever I want, so tonight I'll support Liverpool...hope you don't have problems with that...! That's the difference between you and me: I want Liverpool to win, you don't, so as this is a Liverpool forum, just show a little respect and GET LOST!
Anyway...maybe you guys can help me on some tips for CL Fantasy League: who do you think will play, Kewell or L.Garcia (or none)? I already have Hyypia, Gerrard and Xabi Alonso...and I'm trying to choose the 4th one...
Thanks and wish you luck for tonight!
Last edited by FC Porto on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC Porto

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:37 pm

Kasual wrote:

i agree, why the :censored: do benfica fans keep praising the club here? what does it matter if nelson gains more or less momentum, do you think anyone gives a :censored: about that? Would it be even remotely interesting if liverpool boys came to our forums and said "yes, this lad crouch is very tall but fowler has more determination".
why do you feel the necessity to come here to the liverpool forums and talk about benfica players. We don't need to publicize anyone, we'll just play 2 games against Liverpool and that's it. What's this for?
What's all the talk about the inferno da luz. Yes we(benfica fans) all know it has a great atmosphere ocasionally but to liverpool fans it's just another fan from another club warning about their unsurpassable, almighty stadium, claiming that's it's the best atmosphere in the world.
Anfield, Ali Sami Yen, San Siro, Olimpico, Velodrome, St James Park... they've all been to these stadiums, it's normal for them big atmospheres... clear?

Rejoice over our team and atmosphere in our own forums not here, and most of all contribute in your own way to help benfica beat another opponent in it's history this night.

your as bad, now sod off to www.ilovebenfica.com

Anyone have any ideas who the strikers will be for pool? Can Fowler play? Will Cisse get yet another chance?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion