LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA - PRE MATCH DISCUSSION

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby FC Porto » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:36 am

To badradio and the other benfica fans:
I'ld just like to remember you that despite all those rumours about Porto president paying referees, he wasn't charged, cause it all proved to be rumours, and nothing more than that! Furthermore, let's not forget Vale e Azevedo, your president that WENT TO JAIL for 4 years, ok?
About losing to Artmedia and Rangers, any clever being (which probably excludes you), can understand that in a bad day, with bad luck, even Barcelona can lose to Oxford United, Milan can lose to Den Haag, and Liverpool can lose to Benfica... it's out of question that Porto is far better than Artmedia or Rangers, but this is football...
About that episode when Porto fans (?) damaged our coach car, just have to say this: the medium attendance in Porto matches is 40.000 ppl per match...this episode was made by 10 guys, which we can't be sure that were in fact Porto fans just because one of them was wearing a Porto jacket...so I'm 100% positive that 99,999% of Porto fans are against this kind of behavior.
Just like to add that I (so didn't the other Porto fellow) didn't call any bad name, or used any offensive word to benfica fans (besides saying they were arrogants), and that you were the ones not gentle... If you don't want to read different opinions or read some trues, just get disconnected and go out hearing some birds... However I still wish you best of luck...I hope that after your defeat against Liverpool, you can archieve your goal in Portuguese League, qualifying to europeans competitions... don't get sad just because you're 4th! Boavista, Nacional and all the other 12 teams are still behind you, and only the top 3 Portuguese teams are ahead of you...!
Ah, the next time don't be coward to the point of answering in Portuguese so the English guys, which are in fact the "owners" of the Forum, can't understand it...
Having answered to these guys (which I just did cause they offended me), I don't plan to talk again about "Porto-benfica". (If you, Benfica fans, wanna talk about this, just join IRC, PTnet...I'm Saturn_82. Now let's just stop this conversation which is getting a bit childish in this Forum, shall we...?)
Go on Liverpool !!!
Last edited by FC Porto on Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FC Porto

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:41 am

PortosupportsLFC wrote:No badradio, I didn't even know there were Benfica fans in this forum. I've come here to show Liverpool fans we are on their side. Nothing to do with Benfica fans. This is a Liverpool forum so I didn't come here to provoke you.I'm not here to argue with you but to "ask" them to beat Benfica tomorrow :) Have you got problems with that?

I could have sworn that was an answer!?!  :Oo:  :oops:  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FC Porto » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:01 am

Oh...a friend of mine living in London told me that Liverpool match will pass on ITV 4, while Arsenal's match will be on the main channel...
Humm...strange...the European Champions, actual 3rd qualified of the Premier League, on channel 4... Arsenal, that doesn't win anything since a couple of years ago, 5th on the PL, on the main channel... This just confirms my suspections...this difference of treatment in the media happens everywhere, and not only in Portugal! (where Porto, the leader of the league since the beginning, got just 3 out of 183 front pages in the main sports newpaper, while benfica, always between 6th and 2nd place, got 70% of them...and where there are special programs about benfica in the Last 16 of the CL, that have never been even when Porto reached the Final...)
I think this is sad, when commercial interests start to be more important than values like jornalistic imparciality or quality of information...
Anyway, this was just an relief...sorry... but it's damn revolting... Guess you will just have to prove them you deserve better treatment, just like we have been doing...if it never works, and I honestly doubt it ever will, than you just have the great satisfaction on winning against all and everything! For this example of injustice, I guess you know what I'm talking about! ;) Liverpool!
Last edited by FC Porto on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FC Porto

Postby gato_busta » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:23 am

PortosupportsLFC wrote:I've come here to show Liverpool fans we are on their side. Nothing to do with Benfica fans. This is a Liverpool forum so I didn't come here to provoke you.

thank god, for a moment I thought I was on the wrong forum  :eyebrow
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby PortosupportsLFC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:32 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
PortosupportsLFC wrote:No badradio, I didn't even know there were Benfica fans in this forum. I've come here to show Liverpool fans we are on their side. Nothing to do with Benfica fans. This is a Liverpool forum so I didn't come here to provoke you.I'm not here to argue with you but to "ask" them to beat Benfica tomorrow :) Have you got problems with that?

I could have sworn that was an answer!?!  :Oo:  :oops:  :D

Nope! That was an explanation   :;):
PortosupportsLFC

Postby darwisigila » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:16 am

benfica fan are so excited ...thats show how big we are LFC, champion of europe(5 times..hehe), they are confident to beat us coz they elimanate manure. i also can't wait SG & co to teach them a lesson
darwisigila

Postby Cain » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:03 am

Benfica are a big club, they have lots of fans, they sell lots of newspapers, it's just a very easy club to like. And that's why plenty of people don't like Benfica. I understand that in a way. I don't like Microsoft, i like Sun and i like Google. I'm not the kind of guy who likes things just because they're popular or just because they're in fashion. But i can't help it that my team is such an attractive club and it bother me no end to see so, so, many anti-benfica fans all over the place. It's ridiculous. I just want to support my team and enjoy a nice football match. If you guys don't like me or my club you have two very good chances every season to take it out on us on the pitch. I mean, what is your problem? What's with this negative sentiment? Why don't you go support your own club, transform that negative energy into something positive. Turn that frown upside down, and make something happen.
To clarify, i'm not confident at all that we'll beat Liverpool. People try to play us out as arrogants, and the media certainly helps. But the way i see it, with the current state of our team, things are either going to go very well or very badly. And i'm just hoping for the best. None of that nonsense of "we'll definitely beat Liverpool", at the moment i'm just hoping we can even out the scales. Times will come when we'll tip them, but we're not there yet.
Enjoy the match guys.
Cain

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:01 am

some stats lads

we have only lost to Benfica once in six matches, but everytime we have met them, we have gone onto to win the european cup
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:38 am

Benitez plays down on favourites tag (from bbcsport)

Boss Rafael Benitez accepts holders Liverpool are favourites for Tuesday's Champions League tie against Benfica but is not taking victory for granted.
He said: "These games are never easy. In the Champions League you never know.

"Last season people were talking about Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan before we played them - but at the end we were the winners. We must respect Benfica.

"We know we are favourites but that does not make things easier. We need to be focused and ignore what people say."

Benitez said Liverpool, who won the Champions League with a victory over AC Milan in the 2005 final, would not be fooled by Benfica's poor form in the Portuguese league this season.

Maybe at the end a draw can be a good result but at the moment we are thinking about winning

Rafael Benitez

He added: "This is another competition. They know and we know how important it is."

Liverpool's win over Manchester United in the FA Cup on Saturday came on the back of a midweek Premiership victory over Arsenal - and Benitez says those results have revitalised his players.

He added: "At the moment I am not worried about fatigue because in the last two games the team worked really hard. We showed people we can continue with this high intensity.

"When you win two important games in a row you have more confidence.

"My team has a lot of confidence but also has respect for the opposition. There is no time for complacency because we are up against a very good team.

"But we are thinking about winning, always.

"You want to score away from home and you want to win. Maybe at the end a draw can be a good result but at the moment we are thinking about winning."

Benitez would not comment on whether Robbie Fowler would start up front for the Reds, adding: "He is desperate to play but it is also a big competition for all the other players and they are all desperate to play too."
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:39 am

FC Porto wrote:Oh...a friend of mine living in London told me that Liverpool match will pass on ITV 4, while Arsenal's match will be on the main channel...
Humm...strange...the European Champions, actual 3rd qualified of the Premier League, on channel 4... Arsenal, that doesn't win anything since a couple of years ago, 5th on the PL, on the main channel... This just confirms my suspections...this difference of treatment in the media happens everywhere, and not only in Portugal! (where Porto, the leader of the league since the beginning, got just 3 out of 183 front pages in the main sports newpaper, while benfica, always between 6th and 2nd place, got 70% of them...and where there are special programs about benfica in the Last 16 of the CL, that have never been even when Porto reached the Final...)
I think this is sad, when commercial interests start to be more important than values like jornalistic imparciality or quality of information...

:;):  Feck the media they done the same to us last season showing our games on sh.itty channels and we went on to win it  :D

Back to topic anyway....................

Some stats for the game

Liverpool are unbeaten for 14 matches in the Champions League since losing 1-0 at AS Monaco in November 2004.

This is the joint fifth longest unbeaten run ever in the Champions League.
The English record is held by Manchester United, who have had two unbeaten runs of 16 matches in the competition.

Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in their last five Champions League matches, an English record.

This equals the English record for successive clean sheets set by Chelsea but is still two matches short of the competition record held by AC Milan.

The 489 minutes without conceding a goal is the ninth longest streak in Champions League history.
If they stop Benfica scoring for the first 73 minutes of this match, Chelsea's English record of 561 minutes without conceding a goal will be broken.

Liverpool are unbeaten in their last nine European away matches.
There have only been nine previous occasions in which a club has been unbeaten for 10+ European away matches.
Lazio head the list with an unbeaten run of 15 on the road.

Liverpool are one of five unbeaten clubs in this season's Champions League.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:40 am

[quote]

are a big club, they have lots of fans, they sell lots of newspapers, it's just a very easy club to like. And that's why plenty of people don't like Benfica. I understand that in a way.

But i can't help it that my team is such an attractive club.

hehe.....u are benfica fan came here after the draw ( benfica to meet LFC ) and told us about your team, how your team will beat us, how good is your and bla..bla..bla..nobody underestimate your club and if they do, benitez is the last person to do that. We know we are going to get a tough test when we play your team but we confident we can defeat your team and please admit my friend...LFC is bigger than Benfica..Hope to see again after 2nd leg.
:D
darwisigila

Postby liverpooll » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:59 am

http://fss.portaliraton.net/ipb/

watch game live there for free
liverpooll

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:24 am

It's on ITV4
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bodyrules » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:22 pm

Good luck for both teams, but hope more for BENFICA!
May the Best team win later, and of course probably everything will be decided in the 2nd game at Anfield, so tonight even a draw could be Good for both teams.

BUT I WISH BENFICA WINS 2-0 or just 1-0

Last edited by bodyrules on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bodyrules

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:35 pm

bodyrules, do us a favour mate, feck off!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion