LIVERPOOL VS BARNSLEY - 16th feb 2008 - FA Cup 5th round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:17 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:I'm not even that surprised really, just numb, this is a new low. Rafa is an idiot, he knows his job is hanging by a thread but he opts to be arrogant as always and play a weakened team. Not being able to beat Barnsley at home is just embarassing, total disgrace, when will Rafa take the hint and feck off.
BTW Why does everyone assume DIC will back Rafa, they don't seem like the kind of organisation that supports mediocrity, they'll bring in Maureen and give him loads of cash and we'll win the league within 2 years.

Sorry Hiemdell but that team on the pitch yesterday was not a weakend team it was more than capable of beating most teams in the prem never mind the first division. How many internationals were on that pitch yesterday?

And on a side note Raffa Benitez is not an idiot thank you

Without Torres and Gerrard we are hardly "capable of beating most teams in the prem" Nanny, capable of drawing against most teams in the prem maybe :D

Whats upset me the most about our "cup run" is that we have played 3 teams from lower divisions and each time they have passed the ball better than we have. We have been the team pumping the long ball upfield. Yesterday again Barnsley they were the team stringing 6 and 7 passes together while we were humping the ball up to Crouch hoping for a miracle.

So how can we compete Saint if we keep having to rely on them two players

Sell the cr@p, and bring in a few top quality players. A creative second striker , and a winger for starters, with maybe another main striker as well.

Diego or Aguero CREATIVE SECOND STRIKER
Eto'o or Villa - MAIN STRIKER
Silva or Bentley - WINGER
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Do you know what im still that gutted about yesterday that i was supposed to run the line for an under 13s game today but called off sick cause i couldnt take the abuse i was gonna recieve from the kids regarding the game. :D What a sad person i am
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:35 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what im still that gutted about yesterday that i was supposed to run the line for an under 13s game today but called off sick cause i couldnt take the abuse i was gonna recieve from the kids regarding the game. :D What a sad person i am

They manure fans??
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what im still that gutted about yesterday that i was supposed to run the line for an under 13s game today but called off sick cause i couldnt take the abuse i was gonna recieve from the kids regarding the game. :D What a sad person i am

They manure fans??

NO all cockneys most of them glory hunting Chelsea fans but a couple of Man utd and Millwall . No doubt ill get the phone calls later i had enough last night . Im just sick of argueing with everyone :D
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:02 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

They manure fans??

NO all cockneys most of them glory hunting Chelsea fans but a couple of Man utd and Millwall . No doubt ill get the phone calls later i had enough last night . Im just sick of argueing with everyone :D

just go there and tell the chelsea fans that , they haven't won the champions league with all their dough that they spent and have , hell they can't even make it to a final and we have done that 2 times in 3 years . Remind the manure fans that we're still the best english team with 18 league titles and 5 champions league trophy's . As for millwall , well tell them to get up to the prem , then we'll talk  :D . That good enough nanny??
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Barnsley star: Liverpool rotated and paid the price.

February 17, 2008

The Daily Mail reports that after beating Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield, Barnsley’s match winning star Brian Howard said:

“Benitez didn’t play his strongest side against us. He was thinking about Inter Milan on Tuesday and it backfired.

“They are out of the FA Cup now and well behind in the Premier League, so they’ve got to produce in Europe.”

Rafa on the other hand continued to dismiss the notion that rotation had anything to do with the defeat, even though Steven Gerrard started on the bench and Torres wasn’t even in the squad, Rafa said:

“Torres wasn’t fit and if you are playing at Anfield against Barnsley and you need to think about one player, well…last week people were talking about Xabi Alonso and he played today.

“Pressure is always there. If you want to win games, you must try to change small things. But it was incredible how many chances we had, and if we get that many against Inter Milan, we will score goals. But we must show more confidence in front of goal.”
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby romliv » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:18 pm

OMG ! i can't believe that we lose at home with who? barnsley :(  and we want to beat inter. :D
we don't need the money of the Fa cup  ?? ???  what a shame :angry:
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Crestfallen, but that's the cup for you.

We dominated the game but once again couldn't kill the game because we lack a cutting edge, that's been the epitome of our season.

Gutted.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:26 pm

puroresu wrote:i agree its not just about today but losing to barnsley is disgraceful.  rafa has lost twice to lower league opposition. today was just a continuation of the drivel we have seen this season.

So have the Manc's under Sir A, Southend and Coventry in the Carling.

Exeter ran them close, so did Burton Albion.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:
bavlondon wrote:So come on wheres the Rafa brigade now?

Yeah....where is saber where is lando...where is lfc2007 ...

At the game, yourself?
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:28 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

At the game, yourself?

:D
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:31 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

At the game, yourself?

I told you he was a fkn jinx  :D
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:41 pm

we'll probably win the fecking champs league now knowing our luck hehehe
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:41 pm

dawson99 wrote:we'll probably win the fecking champs league now knowing our luck hehehe

No problem  :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:43 pm

i'll be back in liverpool for the final lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion