LIVERPOOL VS BARNSLEY - 16th feb 2008 - FA Cup 5th round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:24 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Why are there suddenly so many new members login on when we have a :censored: day?  Sad :censored:.

New members, mate you've been here for no more than 5 months, you're hardly Mr Vintage yourself.

So I wouldn't if I was you. These fans have just as much right to post as you do. So shut the :censored: up.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:24 pm

Man U 0 Goner 1 ( Red Card )
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Dundalk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm

JBG wrote:I'm in excrutiating agony here. :( :D

You have to laugh....bleeding Barnsley! Mick McCarthy is probably baring his ar.se in Burton's window! :D

:D  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:Look, Rafa doesn't have an assistant (a no 2).  He needs to bring in  a good quality assistant right now, to help him bring order into the great scheme of things. At times, I just feel (at times) that he's taking on to much and doesn't khow to handle it.

I belive we all miss Pako ....

Word on the street is that Pako is the brains of the operation, or was.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby john1992 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Why are there suddenly so many new members login on when we have a  day?  Sad .

Lol ive been thinking about signing up for a long time

i had some time today. thats all
john1992

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 pm

glenbuck patriot wrote:Well this takes me back it's like the Houllier out bandwagon all over again, I should know i was one of them, BUT NOT this time, there where ten Full Internationals out there today, playing against a Championship side 29 places lower than us in the league, if the players haven't got the passion and commitment for playing in a red shirt then THEY are the one's that should be going NOT RAFA!

Everyone's banging on about Rotation, the fact that we had so much possession and thirty plus chances on goal says only one thing to me Rafa had the measure of his opponents and while his tactics though not pretty to watch sometimes compared with what we've seen in Liverpool teams of the past where good enough today to take us through.

No, sorry this today is solely down to the eleven on the pitch, once they cross that white line there's not a great deal ANY Manager can do, we can argue till the cows come home here tonight on what Rafa says in his teamtalks to motivate the players, but here's the point NO-ONE on this forum was in the Dressing Room prior to the game or at half time so we'll never know what was said, what i do know is the team picked today bearing in mind the game we have on Tuesday was more than good enough to have beaten Barnsley.

Fair play to them they've played to the last whistle and got a victory whether it was lucky or not, they're in the hat and i wish them all the best.

As for this being an FA Cup disaster day well yes it is totally, i'm gutted, but i've seen far better Liverpool teams than this one get knocked out of the FA Cup by lesser opposition over the years, as Shanks said it's the hardest cup to win, so gutted yes, baying for the Managers head no.

PS Ciggy What's a wopdong?

Thank You :censored: Thank you Sense at last
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:Look, Rafa doesn't have an assistant (a no 2).  He needs to bring in  a good quality assistant right now, to help him bring order into the great scheme of things. At times, I just feel (at times) that he's taking on to much and doesn't khow to handle it.

Yup !!!
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 pm

we are 5th (but on the same points as the team in 7th)

out of the fa cup to barnsley

no title challenge again

how worse does it have to get before these pro rafa idiots realise that rafa isnt the man for the job?

you can say its the players fault fair enough but on this basis no manager would ever lose his job.

RAFA BROUGHT THESE CLOWNS, he manages them, trains them, motivates them, tells them how to play.....the buck stops with rafa
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 pm

[SIZE=10]WOW I AM AMAZED AT THE ANTI- BENITEZ FANS THAT ARE ON THIS FORUM[/10=SIZE][/b]

Its very scary I feel like theres hail stones, sleet, snow gail forced wind, huricanes all blown at me god help Rafa.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 pm

This topic is way beyond dead, but I feel the need to say whats on my mind. 

List of things I will CONTINUE to do:

Wear my LFC Jersey
Support the team, loss, draw or win.
Post on this site, maybe just to spite Ciggy.

Things I won't do:

I won't stop giving my opinion.  Yes, I think Rafa should go.  England didn't qualify for the Euro and now they have a new coach.  And guess what, he revamped the squad and now they have a win.  We might not qualify for the CL, or finish with a respectable record.  Why not do what they did, so far it's working for them.
SupitsJonF

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Yup !!!

obviously pako was the brains
112-1077774096

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:28 pm

peewee wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Yup !!!

obviously pako was the brains

Is he still in Liverpool ???
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Tonight I think I will get some booze and buy a massive pizza all for myself to drown my sorrows in. Sure why not.:)
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:30 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:

He didn't have a number two when we hammered Newcastle, or when we outclassed the opposition in the last 3 European nights. Did it bother us then?

All of a sudden, we get beat we're all looking for an excuse. The excuse is, Benitez and half the current squad are not up to being part of Liverpool Football Club.

No, not looking for an excuse at all. I for one know that we've been poor for a lot of this season. Rafa is trying to single handedly do everything and find the task very difficult.  It's not working hence his need for a no 2.  Yes we've won games but come the of the season, it just not good enough.  I believe Rafa still has a lot to offer our club.  But FFS I just wish he'd put his stubborness into the bin and get a no 2.  This will at least help balance some things out.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:30 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:Why are there suddenly so many new members login on when we have a :censored: day?  Sad :censored:.

New members, mate you've been here for no more than 5 months, you're hardly Mr Vintage yourself.

So I wouldn't if I was you. These fans have just as much right to post as you do. So shut the :censored: up.

All Hell has broken lose , relax mate , don't take ur anger out on the lad , he's got a point , they're people with less then 90 post and have been here for a couple of years and suddenly all of em post today??
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion