LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA - Mon 21st Jan 8pm - Pre Match Discussion & team speculations

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:20 pm

puroresu wrote:
heimdall wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
Rockthekop wrote:Reina
Carragher, Agger, Skrtel?
Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso
Torres  Babel

The rest arent good enough.

We need RB,LB,RW,LW, and at least one more quality striker.

I AGREE...

Yepp seems sensible enough, but we also need to change how we play, and for God's sake lets start bringing some youngsters who have won the FA Youth cup back to back into the team, some of them must have some talent!!

Does it though.  I dont think FA Youth cup wins really hold that much weight.  I only want to see youngsters brought in if they are genuinely good enough and not just for the sake of it. 

Agreed though we really need to change the way we play but after 4 years I have lost faith that Rafa will ever change. He wants us to play exactly like his Valencia did.  Defence comes first with rafa and freedom to express oneself is limited.

Well firstly to answer ur question , How do we know whether the youngsters will ever be good if we never give them a chance?? Let them prove thier worth , Fa cups , carling cups , against teams who are less capable in the premier league , just put a youngster in some of this games and we shall see , look at lennon , he was given a chance and look at him now , one of the spurs's regular

Secondly , he won the title with valencia and whether it was defensive or not? , he still won it and How can use say we are defensive? I've already answered ur question in one of the other threads i think it was the Same day , same story thread
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
puroresu wrote:
heimdall wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
Torres  Babel

I AGREE...

Yepp seems sensible enough, but we also need to change how we play, and for God's sake lets start bringing some youngsters who have won the FA Youth cup back to back into the team, some of them must have some talent!!

Does it though.  I dont think FA Youth cup wins really hold that much weight.  I only want to see youngsters brought in if they are genuinely good enough and not just for the sake of it. 

Agreed though we really need to change the way we play but after 4 years I have lost faith that Rafa will ever change. He wants us to play exactly like his Valencia did.  Defence comes first with rafa and freedom to express oneself is limited.

Well firstly to answer ur question , How do we know whether the youngsters will ever be good if we never give them a chance?? Let them prove thier worth , Fa cups , carling cups , against teams who are less capable in the premier league , just put a youngster in some of this games and we shall see , look at lennon , he was given a chance and look at him now , one of the spurs's regular

Secondly , he won the title with valencia and whether it was defensive or not? , he still won it and How can use say we are defensive? I've already answered ur question in one of the other threads i think it was the Same day , same story thread

1 up front at home to wigan is defensive.  The EC Final last year v Milan was again Rafa being negative and afraid to go out and win the game.  Its pretty much common knowledge that Rafa doesnt get his sides playing the most expansive game.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:59 pm

puroresu wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
puroresu wrote:
heimdall wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
Torres  Babel

I AGREE...

1 up front at home to wigan is defensive.  The EC Final last year v Milan was again Rafa being negative and afraid to go out and win the game.  Its pretty much common knowledge that Rafa doesnt get his sides playing the most expansive game.

If you don't have the attacking players to play an open and expansive game ala Barcelona or Arsenal, it would be stupid an naive to do so. You play to your strengths, that's what we did against Milan.
LFC2007

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion