LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA - Mon 21st Jan 8pm - Pre Match Discussion & team speculations

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matmitchell » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:16 am

When do we have to sign Masch by? is it the end of the season? if he carries on playing at this level he's got to be our number one priority with any money available.
matmitchell

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:34 am

NANNY RED wrote:Scott ive said before if we lose Masherano it will be a misscarage of justice lad.
He is starting to command our midfield his movement off the ball last night was unbeilevable and what weve been missing for so long in there an absolute monster.

Phil Thomson thinks he's substandard compared to Carrick and Hargreves, they all ( on the sky panel couple of weekends ago ) said he wasnt good enough and the owners were right not to stump up. I couldnt feckin believe it the only one to say otherwise was Paul Walsh he acturly seemed embaressed for Thomo.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 am

Rush Job wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Scott ive said before if we lose Masherano it will be a misscarage of justice lad.
He is starting to command our midfield his movement off the ball last night was unbeilevable and what weve been missing for so long in there an absolute monster.

Phil Thomson thinks he's substandard compared to Carrick and Hargreves, they all ( on the sky panel couple of weekends ago ) said he wasnt good enough and the owners were right not to stump up. I couldnt feckin believe it the only one to say otherwise was Paul Walsh he acturly seemed embaressed for Thomo.

Thomo is still bitter we never offered him the job after houllier.

In rafa we trust!
Raj_Xedos

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 am

Rush Job wrote:

Mascherano is a lot better than them two manc :censored:
Mark 23

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:11 am

Mark 23 wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

???  How can you post?, you got sent off.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:22 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Mark 23 wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

???  How can you post?, you got sent off.

OK?? Who hired Graham Poll as a mod?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:51 am

NANNY RED wrote:LOL Emereald ive just noticed your pic of the three stooges absolute class  :laugh:

LOL

I couldn't stop laughing at it when I saw it on the Photoshop thread on RAWK. You should check that thread out. Some really funny stuff going on in it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:34 am

I think we were all fooled into think that we could challenge for the title this year.  Sure we made some big improvements but lets not forget so have the others. 

1.Man U, last year's champions, have spent a huge amount over the summer(Hagreaves,Tevez,Anderson,Nani)
2.Chelsea have also brought in a lot of quality players to add to  their large and talented squad(Alex,Malouda,Balleti,Pizzaro,Ben Haim)
3.Arsenal did not spend much but they already had a great squad full of potential.  The reason they are doing so well now is because they got rid of Henry, they have been building for some time and now they have finally blossomed and because they were big underdogs with little pressure.

Anyway in my opinion we are still 3 or 4 player away from seriously challenging for the title.  Until Rafa gets funds for those players he should not be criticized for failing to win the league.  The empty spaces are the areas that need serious improvement...

Reina
Arbeloa,Carragher,Agger,?
?,Gerrard,Masch/Alonso,?
              ?,Torres
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 am

Big Niall wrote:We were poor in the league before the yanks came here. The reason for our poor performance over the last four years is Benitez.

Do you like anything or anyone apart from Tom Hicks?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:12 pm

came out of the ground the other night just completely disillusioned to be honest. everything about the club has just got me depressed at the minute. we're in a rut and everything is going against us. when you get the captain of your club coming out and blaming the off field stuff on our poor performances that doesn't help either.

we still have nowhere near enough cutting edge. despite not playing well we dominated villa for 70 minutes without really testing their goalkeeper. infact villa were as poor a side i've seen at anfirld all season until they scored. their front three hardly got a kick. however we then contrived to shoot ourselves in the foot from two set plays.

at least four or five players who started the other night (they know who they are) are playing for their futures at the club imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rockthekop » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Regardless of the current situation with the Hicks and DIC saga, the next 3 or 4 months will decide Rafa's fate (if not sooner).  If we continue to slip further behind the big three (we aren't in the big boys club yet), get knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League, Benitez will be sacked in all likelihood.  Only winning the Champions League can give him any chance of holding onto his job and even that may not be enough IMO.

What LFC needs is an owner with serious financial muscle who will invest heavily in the club to build a new stadium and assemble a squad that has quality all over the park.  We already have the spine of a top team right through the middle, our problem is STILL the wide areas from LB/RB to LW/RW and up top bar Torres & Babel.

Reina
Carragher, Agger, Skrtel?
Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso
Torres  Babel

The rest arent good enough.

We need RB,LB,RW,LW, and at least one more quality striker.
Rockthekop

Postby club_Levis » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Rockthekop wrote:Reina
Torres  Babel

I AGREE...
club_Levis

Postby heimdall » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:36 pm

club_Levis wrote:
Torres  Babel

I AGREE...

Yepp seems sensible enough, but we also need to change how we play, and for God's sake lets start bringing some youngsters who have won the FA Youth cup back to back into the team, some of them must have some talent!!
heimdall

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:43 pm

appalling match but as soon as skrtel was on giving it some i felt the game rise a notch or two, the guys class already, looks like the dude in prison break with the attitude of ketsbaia :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:51 pm

heimdall wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
Torres  Babel

I AGREE...

Yepp seems sensible enough, but we also need to change how we play, and for God's sake lets start bringing some youngsters who have won the FA Youth cup back to back into the team, some of them must have some talent!!

Does it though.  I dont think FA Youth cup wins really hold that much weight.  I only want to see youngsters brought in if they are genuinely good enough and not just for the sake of it. 

Agreed though we really need to change the way we play but after 4 years I have lost faith that Rafa will ever change. He wants us to play exactly like his Valencia did.  Defence comes first with rafa and freedom to express oneself is limited.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion