LIVERPOOL VS ASTON VILLA - Mon 21st Jan 8pm - Pre Match Discussion & team speculations

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:25 pm

red_guy wrote:Rafa brought us our 5th European Cup. We cheered and worshipped him. Right now, he's in the worst position ever since he was appointed as Liverpool manager. Now, many LFC supporters want him out , most of em want Jose Mourinho as a replacement. Back then you all want to kick Jose in the a$$ and keep comparing Rafa to Jose, saying Rafa's the best manager in the world. It's weird though...for me at least.
Yes, he's (Rafa)a very stubborn man, made a lot of mistakes like many of us do. Same as the most of you, i got angry with Rafa everytime he made a mistake. If you think Rafa should go, then fine. You all want Jose Mourinho as the next manager, fine. I won't object. But at least show the gaffer the respect he deserves. Support him in his darkest moments as a Liverpool manager. With all the commotions with the the stupid owners and sh1t, we should back him up.

Anyway...come next season, if we still struggling in the league..then i think he should go. But for now, he needs our support.

As much as i doubt him, i still support him. However i think its him who will let himself down for his stubbornness. You can learn if you deny a there is a problem or recognize the problem but got no gut to act on that. Kuyt is a clear example (i used to be Kuyt's supporter but when its shi.t you have to say so)
whylongball?

Postby GOAT » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:By the way Torres looked knackerd last night

lol people are going to be complaining that torres isnt being rested enough next, poor rafa
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby matmitchell » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:12 pm

GOAT wrote:

lol people are going to be complaining that torres isnt being rested enough next, poor rafa

:D Haha some people are just awkward
matmitchell

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:14 pm

GOAT wrote:

Nah im not complainin but at the end of the game though he did look knackerd  :D mind you he can have a nice rest on sat
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:17 pm

heimdall wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
puroresu wrote:People should not let this Yanks situation deflect away from the poor performances on the pitch.  Its easy to just lay the blame at the Americans but that aint fair.  4 seasons in and still no title challenge.

And other people should not underestimate the unsettling effect this whole off-field mess has had on the team.  It's not just an excuse.  How many people have worked at a company/organization where difficulties were occurring in the head office and where there were new rumours, media stories, etc. every day?  Is it such an easy thing just to go about your business and ignore the turmoil surrounding your employer?  Is it f.uck.  Granted, it has been a disappointing season but let's not pretend it's just like any other season and that this row with the Yanks is just part of the normal course of events that a manager and professional footballers should be able to deal with.  That would be naive, IMO.

I agree with you on that, it has to be unsettling for the players, but Rafa should be using it to gee the lads up, telling them to prrove all the doubters wrong etc, in any case it still doesn't explain why he is so slow in making subs or why oh why he still plays Kuyt.

I really worry for Kuyt becuase his confidence is getting worse and worse, a good manger would shove him into the reserves for a few months to let him get some goals and start building himself up again, the way it's going for him he'll be completely broken and it might seriously feck up his entire footballing career.

f'ckin hell!

No comment! I'm f*cking stumped to give any sort of reply to this bollox!

:no
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:26 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
puroresu wrote:People should not let this Yanks situation deflect away from the poor performances on the pitch.  Its easy to just lay the blame at the Americans but that aint fair.  4 seasons in and still no title challenge.

And other people should not underestimate the unsettling effect this whole off-field mess has had on the team.  It's not just an excuse.  How many people have worked at a company/organization where difficulties were occurring in the head office and where there were new rumours, media stories, etc. every day?  Is it such an easy thing just to go about your business and ignore the turmoil surrounding your employer?  Is it f.uck.  Granted, it has been a disappointing season but let's not pretend it's just like any other season and that this row with the Yanks is just part of the normal course of events that a manager and professional footballers should be able to deal with.  That would be naive, IMO.

I agree with you on that, it has to be unsettling for the players, but Rafa should be using it to gee the lads up, telling them to prrove all the doubters wrong etc, in any case it still doesn't explain why he is so slow in making subs or why oh why he still plays Kuyt.

I really worry for Kuyt becuase his confidence is getting worse and worse, a good manger would shove him into the reserves for a few months to let him get some goals and start building himself up again, the way it's going for him he'll be completely broken and it might seriously feck up his entire footballing career.

f'ckin hell!

No comment! I'm f*cking stumped to give any sort of reply to this bollox!

:no

Some people just don't get it.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Some people chat sh!t :D :p :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Big Niall wrote:Benitez should go .

Good in cups but terrible in the league.

And maybe he will in the summer, and maybe that will be the right thing to do but are you implying that he should go now? Right in the middle of the season? For all you know we could end up in another Champions League Final come May. What would you say then? Now is NOT the time.

You know that saying? "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all".  We wouldn't hear a single word from you if you abided by it. Most negative person on the whole forum.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:39 pm

:laugh: - Bigmick ^^^
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:40 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Benitez should go .

Good in cups but terrible in the league.

And maybe he will in the summer, and maybe that will be the right thing to do but are you implying that he should go now? Right in the middle of the season? For all you know we could end up in another Champions League Final come May. What would you say then? Now is NOT the time.

You know that saying? "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all".  We wouldn't hear a single word from you if you abided by it. Most negative person on the whole forum.

:nod
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:41 pm

bigmick wrote:1. The new owners are vermin and need to be drummed out of the club at the earliest possible opportunity. I don't particularly care that we don't know too much about DIC. In this instance, it's better the devil you don't know.

2. Rafa's performance as manager this season has been below what could be reasonably be expected given the quality of the players at his disposal.

3. We have some players at the club who fairly obviously aren't good enough to play for a top four team, never mind one that has pretensions of challenging for the League title.

Pretty much sums it up for me.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:46 pm

LOL Emereald ive just noticed your pic of the three stooges absolute class  :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:48 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sammi and Masherano outstanding end of

By the way Torres looked knackerd last night

Agree on that. Both of them absolutely immense. Mascherano is growing as a player everytime i see him, not only he is a Rottweiller a pocket battleship and a tenacious little f...u....c....k...er rolled into one, we're also seeing that he can play a bit as well. Got to sign this lad up. Can we afford after the interest?

As for Sami, is it me or is he getting better by the game this season as well? Pure folly if he isn't kept at the club for at least another season after this one. Banana - Did you see his performance last night? Or are you waiting for him to slip-up (scuse the pun) again before we hear how past it he is?

Not sure what's going on with Kewell? I was surprised when he came back, he looked lean, fit and sharper than i ever expected him to be. Yesterday he looked well short, no sharpness or edge to his play, like he'd gone backwards. Also for all of you who had Aurellio in your best 11 (there were quite a few of you!), he had a bit of a mare last night.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Scott ive said before if we lose Masherano it will be a misscarage of justice lad.
He is starting to command our midfield his movement off the ball last night was unbeilevable and what weve been missing for so long in there an absolute monster.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am

NANNY RED wrote:Scott ive said before if we lose Masherano it will be a misscarage of justice lad.
He is starting to command our midfield his movement off the ball last night was unbeilevable and what weve been missing for so long in there an absolute monster.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :bowdown

wow we agree on something  :D   :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion