LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - Build up.......................

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:11 am

Im very curious as to what tactics Rafa will employ for this one, Arsenal have struggled away from home this season and ecspecially against Bolton who seem to have the upper hand on them, due to there rough house tactics.

Everton beat them also due to roughing them up a bit, and this season we can hold our own in that department even though I like to watch football and not ale house teams who get one goal and kick ten bags of sh.ite out of everything.

If we allow Arsenal to play their passing game I have a feeling they will beat us, and we play our best football in flowing attacking football, so what do we do?

Reyes is out after that horrendous tackle from Faye yesterday I think he's broke his leg/foot?
They have a lot of young new players who lack experience but have a lot of pace, we will need to keep Henry and Van Persie quiet, but Arsenals defence are poor with high crosses into the box.

Should be a good game with both sides playing football and a bit of a relief for Arsenal I suppose that they are coming to Anfield and wont get kicked off the park.

Or will Rafa decide to play it that way? We can beat them if we dont give them time on the ball and our midfield is supperior to theirs.
We desprately need these points from this game as its our game in hand but so do Arsenal.

Arsneal have a terrible away record they seem a bit like us last season watching them now, If Ashley Cole and Sol Cambell are still out injured we have a very good chance of taking three points off them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:30 am

Sol and Ashley are definietly out. Ashley out for another month now. Also Reyes is definetly out.
    Arsenal's backline is young and very inexperienced, but are strikers aren't exactly lighting up the world are they?
   Also we will have to be very wary of Henry and Van Persie.

Arsenal are always going to be a hard game with the individuals that they have in there team, Van Persie, Henry, Bergkamp and Cesc all have the ability to change games with a shot or a pass. However I believe we go into this game as favorites and I am confident we will walk away with all three points. Arsenals away form this year has been awful, they are easliy harassed on the road, and with this being a mid-week night match, the Anfield faithful will be roaring on the team.
   We have probably the best midfield and defence in the country at the moment. We have had a recent wobble but all teams have that. I firmly believe that we will finish 2nd at the very least. I think Rafa will start his basic back line, with Kewell, Sissoko ,Xabi and Gerrard in midfield. Also think Morientes and Fowler will start again up front. Peter has a slight ankle problem and looks mentally exhausted when he has been playing. Rafa doesn't trust Cisse enough to start him.
   We mustn't overlook Robbies fantastic scoring record against Arsenal and I fancy a little wager on him to score his 1st goal for us again , against Arsenal, although an 11 minute hatrick is maybe asking a little too much.:p
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:17 am

Rafa doesn't trust Cisse enough to start him.

Im dont suprise ..... Rafa is really BIAS ..
LiverpoolMadman

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:06 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

English not your first language or are you just on the sauce?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 pm

We hve a great chance here, we need to fly at them and they might :censored: themselves. However dont unerestimte Arsenal, for all their injures they have te best striker in the premiership Thiery Henry and he coul win a game for them that they really shuldnt. Id start with Stevie down the right to get at thir left back, whoever it is without Cole.

---------------Dudek----------------
--Finnan---Carra------Hyypia------Riise
--Gerrard---Sissoko---Alonso----Kewell-
-----------Crouch----Fowler-----------

Nando
Garcia
Cisse
Kromkamp
Carson
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:15 pm

AND REMEMBER THE OCASSION!! SHOUT FOR PAISLEY, LETS MAKE IT ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT MATCH. :cool:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:23 pm

we should play

dudek

finnan
carragher
hyypia
risse

garica
gerrard
alonso
kewell

crouchinhio
fowler
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:38 pm

Cisse should be given a start in this game. Arsenal is an offensive team we would need a pacy player to hit them on the counter. I watched the arsenal game with bolton they were using an unfamiliar leftback, would assume that Clichy is out too? Another possibility might be starting Cisse at the right since both the pacy leftbacks are out. Either way Fowler should start again hes gonna score in this game.
Houllier=LFC

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:57 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Yes Rafa's bias. How stupid of him to not realise that Sissy should start, its glaringly obvious. Stupid, stupid man, sack him now.

Its not got anything to do with the fact Sissy can't trap a bag of cement, just that he's french and Rafa's spanish.
115-1073096938

Postby Espionage » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:01 pm

Cant see Cisse getting a game against Arsenal; as he wont play stiker because I expect that Rafa will try to exploit the lack of ariel defence by playing Crouch and having Fowler or Morientes playing off them, AND, he wont play right wing because that is where Stevie will be playing!!!!

We must face it that the balance of our team during the unbeaten streak was fantastic, Gerrad roaming as an AM/RW = 3 points!!! :)
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:01 pm

JBG wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:

English not your first language or are you just on the sauce?

:D
Last edited by el_stinger on Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:04 pm

I'm seeing the long ball to Crouch who will feed Fowler on his way to his first goal back.

Tight game, Liverpool have more to lose than Arsenal, and the occasion just might get to the Goobers. I'm tipping Liverpool to win 1-0, Fowler.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:10 pm

i know one thing with fowler's goalscoring  record against arsenal in a liverpool shirt,he has to play and i see him scoring his first goal in his second coming on wednesday if he plays
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:01 pm

I think that, if fit, Peter Crouch might trouble the Arsenal defence along side Robbie Fowler.

--------------------------Dudek--------------------------

Finnan-----------Carragher-----Hyppia------------Warnock

Garcia------------Gerrard-------Alonso-----------Kewell/Riise

------------------Crouch-------Fowler-------------------

Subs:
Carson
Agger
Sissoko
Cissé
Kromkamp
Hamman

Morientes should be given a rest.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:09 pm

Arsenal's defence is painfully weak at the moment and we should be to strong for them at home. Arsenal are missing some big names and the likes of Ljunberg and Pires havnt been performing this season, i think that Arsenal are there for the taking, if we bring our A game with us we should win this one.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion