LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - Build up.......................

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ynwa » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 am

i would like to see rafa try cisse and fowler as strikers see how they play together
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MaccaLFC » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:53 am

Bretc wrote:With Kromkamp slowly getting used to the pace of english football, it might not be a bad idea to play him as RM. Finnan can overlap and support him as well. We need Gerrard in central midfield as playing Alonso with Sissoko or Hamann in CM is just too defensive. We need more thrust down the middle and Gerrard can also drift to the right flank occasionally to create havoc for Larsson, if required. With Crouch doubtful, we do not have an adequate targetman so crosses might be useless. Might as well use the pace of Cisse and see if we can produce anything. If only we can provide ONE goal scoring opportunity, juz ONE chance to God, then we'll be in heaven!!! :D

I agree, sick of seeing Stevie get wasted on the right just to accomodate Momo, who's a decent player don't get me wrong, but you don't lob your influential central midfielder out wide to make room for him.

Gerrard needs to be back where he belongs, driving through the midfield.
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:42 am

i would like to see rafa try cisse and fowler as strikers see how they play together

Hope that Rafa will try that combination and I think Cisse will score and prove to Rafa that he should played more game as a striker. 

If that happens, Mori can start to pack and really to go to other clubs next season .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:49 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Sol and Ashley are definietly out. Ashley out for another month now. Also Reyes is definetly out.
    Arsenal's backline is young and very inexperienced, but are strikers aren't exactly lighting up the world are they?
   Also we will have to be very wary of Henry and Van Persie.

Arsenal are always going to be a hard game with the individuals that they have in there team, Van Persie, Henry, Bergkamp and Cesc all have the ability to change games with a shot or a pass. However I believe we go into this game as favorites and I am confident we will walk away with all three points. Arsenals away form this year has been awful, they are easliy harassed on the road, and with this being a mid-week night match, the Anfield faithful will be roaring on the team.
   We have probably the best midfield and defence in the country at the moment. We have had a recent wobble but all teams have that. I firmly believe that we will finish 2nd at the very least. I think Rafa will start his basic back line, with Kewell, Sissoko ,Xabi and Gerrard in midfield. Also think Morientes and Fowler will start again up front. Peter has a slight ankle problem and looks mentally exhausted when he has been playing. Rafa doesn't trust Cisse enough to start him.
   We mustn't overlook Robbies fantastic scoring record against Arsenal and I fancy a little wager on him to score his 1st goal for us again , against Arsenal, although an 11 minute hatrick is maybe asking a little too much.:p

4 minutes 32 seconds, mate.

Fastest in Premiership history.  :nod

We could get tw*tted if we go there believeing they are a walkover.

The back line need to stay focused (as does Dudek), and barring a complete howler by the midfield, we should get 3 points.

I hate playing Arsenal, though.  :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Hope that Rafa will try that combination and I think Cisse will score and prove to Rafa that he should played more game as a striker. 

If that happens, Mori can start to pack and really to go to other clubs next season .

liverpoolmadman,

cisse has been given so many chances. He played a fair bit before he nearly had his leg snapped off, but even then the signs were not that encouraging.

He has played a lot of games after he came back from injury. he has had to very good run to prove himself and hasn't. I don't buy this, he needs more games, baloney.

If Rafa plays him, he knows what he will be getting. What is the benfit of playing him in more games, when we know exactly how he will perform. His game won't suddenly get miracously better.

your post's baffle me.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:07 am

True, too many get out of jail free tickets. No more free loaders, thats what has been wrong with the playing staff during Houllier's reign, enough is enough. Rafa is right to rid the dead wood, and Cisse is part of that.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:22 am

Cisse has been given more chances than any other striker at the club. He has more games that most of the team (only Carra and Hyppia have played more games). He has started most of the games this seasons as a striker and only proved he could score against lesser opposition (CL qualifiers) then he has been as effective as Morientes and less effective than Crouch. Cisse is not good enough, and he should not be given more chances. Morientes has been given less chances than our other strikers and I still think he should be given a chance to play alongside Fowler.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:57 am

liverpoolmadman, cisse has been given so many chances. He played a fair bit before he nearly had his leg snapped off, but even then the signs were not that encouraging.He has played a lot of games after he came back from injury. he has had to very good run to prove himself and hasn't. I don't buy this, he needs more games, baloney. If Rafa plays him, he knows what he will be getting. What is the benfit of playing him in more games, when we know exactly how he will perform. His game won't suddenly get miracously better. your post's baffle me.

Babu my brother ....

He's score more GOALS than Mori and PC, but it's unfair for him as a player. Rafa played him because we have NO RM. Remember he is striker NOT as a RM. If all the match he played as a Striker and cant score a single goal then I would says that he should be the first to go but most of the match he played as a RM.

Remember that Liverpool have already have a player that have a talent of combination of Owen (speed) and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink ( powerful shoot ) and that's CISSE.

USE this talent ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby el_stinger » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:09 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Remember that Liverpool have already have a player that have a talent of combination of Owen (speed) and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink ( powerful shoot ) and that's CISSE.

USE this talent ...

LMAO

That was surely the funniest thing you've ever posted!!

:suspect:
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:15 am

He has started most of the games this seasons as a striker and only proved he could score against lesser opposition (CL qualifiers) then he has been as effective as Morientes and less effective than Crouch. Cisse is not good enough, and he should not be given more chances. Morientes has been given less chances than our other strikers and I still think he should be given a chance to play alongside Fowler.

Who score more ? Cisse or Mori ?? Dont care who we are facing, the important thing is who can score goals and who can score "almost" goals.

In football, Scoring goals are important , dont care who is that score that goal? Its could be 5% (defender), 30% (midfield) and (the rest is a striker) 60%. Let "break" down on striker only .

The problem with Liverpool is Strikers NOT performing well , NOT scoring Goals. We have Cisse,Mori, PC and Fowler (very new but still have NOT score for Liverpool ).

Cisse have 12 Goals (52%), Mori have 6 Goals (26%) and PC have 5 goals (22%). From this "numbers" we all can see who can score , who cant score and who should played more games at his best position ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:16 am

LMAO That was surely the funniest thing you've ever posted!!

If you think thats a joke., I really speechless :(
LiverpoolMadman

Postby el_stinger » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:25 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
LMAO That was surely the funniest thing you've ever posted!!

If you think thats a joke., I really speechless :(

Cisse? A cross between Hasselbaink and Owen??

You are truly deluded.

Time to take the blue pill Neo, come back to reality!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:30 am

More "number" from our striker :

Cisse : 12 ( Goals ) 21 (Games started) means that 1 goal every 2 Games started
Mori : 6 ( Goals ) 23 (Games started) means that appx. 1 goal every 4 Games started
PC : 5 (Goals ) 29 (Games started) means that appx 1 goal every 6 Games started
LiverpoolMadman

Postby gato_busta » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:33 am

Lets count Cisses goals. 4 goals in the Premiership, 2 goals in the Supercup, 4 goals in the CL qualifiers and 2 goals in the CL. Crouch has 5 goals in the Premiership and 2 in the Club World Cup Championship. Morientes has 2 goals in the CL qualifiers, one in the CL and 3 in the Premiership. The CL qualifiers were practically friendly matches so I don't really know why they are considered. without those, Cisse doesnt look too impressive, also considering he has played 10 more games than Morientes and 4 more than Crouch this season.

Cisse scored half his goals in the first 8 matches then the other half in the remaining 30 he played. Cisse has only shown that he is good against small teams, he is not good enough and will never be good enough for Liverpool.

By the way liverpoolmadman, he may have a the most powerfull shot in the team (as Reina stated earlier this season) and may be the fastest player in the squad but unfortunately those are the only skills he has.  Football is not a game of running fast and kicking the ball.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:40 am

Lets count Cisses goals. 4 goals in the Premiership, 2 goals in the Supercup, 4 goals in the CL qualifiers and 2 goals in the CL. Crouch has 5 goals in the Premiership and 2 in the Club World Cup Championship. Morientes has 2 goals in the CL qualifiers, one in the CL and 3 in the Premiership. The CL qualifiers were practically friendly matches so I don't really know why they are considered. without those, Cisse doesnt look too impressive, also considering he has played 10 more games than Morientes and 4 more than Crouch this season.Cisse scored half his goals in the first 8 matches then the other half in the remaining 30 he played. Cisse has only shown that he is good against small teams, he is not good enough and will never be good enough for Liverpool. By the way liverpoolmadman, he may have a the most powerfull shot in the team (as Reina stated earlier this season) and may be the fastest player in the squad but unfortunately those are the only skills he has.  Football is not a game of running fast and kicking the ball.

For the love of Liverpool, Lets hope that our striker can score goals but NOT "almost" score goals.
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion