LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - Build up.......................

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:49 pm

Whats with all the using of initials? Does my :censored: head in that. GET IT SORTED!
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:50 pm

DARE I say it but Bolton and Everton have the right approach to arsenal which is get amongst them and attack with pace. They are woefully weak at the back so the front two and midfield four should be working at penning them in their own last third forcing them into mistakes and the long ball which we can soak up.

Allowing Arsenal to play their one touch football through the midfield could cost us. They've been :censored: away from home all season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:55 pm

stmichael wrote:DARE I say it but Bolton and Everton have the right approach to arsenal which is get amongst them and attack with pace. They are woefully weak at the back so the front two and midfield four should be working at penning them in their own last third forcing them into mistakes and the long ball which we can soak up.

Allowing Arsenal to play their one touch football through the midfield could cost us. They've been :censored: away from home all season.

I know what your getting at St Mike. Arsenal have been woeful on the road this season and they have been bullied out of matches.
But i think its about time Rafa let the boys of the leesh a bit.
I think we have a team stronger than their first choice 11 anyway, but the fact that they are missing the likes of Cole Campbell Reyes and even the fringe defenders makes me think this is an ideal oppurtunity for Rafa to play one of the big sides and go at them without any caution.
In the united and Chelsea games this season we have played a rigid formation with the emphasis on not getting beaten and tbh it has frustrated me. While i can see the managers reasoning, who knows what might happen when a midfield like ours gets the license to attack.
FWIW i would play Cisse tomorrow, the reason being that Morientes has been so poor for weeks and Crouch is short on confidence and fitness by the sound of it.
We should play the same team as saturday but with Cisse in for Morientes, the only other decent option would be Garcia and Fowler, which could be dynamite....but it all depends on how fit the little fella is.
One things for sure we have missed Luis so much these last few weeks.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:23 pm

BBC Sport (1) have just reported that Crouch (Heel) and Garcia (Knee) are still not fit enough to play. But on the positive Reyes, Van Persie and Bergkamp are also missing with injury.

I suspect Rafa will continue with Fowler and Morientes.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:26 pm

Just got my ticket. :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:33 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:But on the positive Reyes, Van Persie and Bergkamp are also missing with injury.

Van Persie didnt play against Bolton whats up with him?
Bergkamp played didnt know he got injured though he's not the same player he used to be though so not really a danger, and Pires and  Ljungberg are shadows of their former selves them two are not playing well atall.
Can see walcott on the bench tomorrow.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:38 pm

there's never been a better time to play arsenal surely? aswell as those forwards missing, their entire first choice back four is out.

incidentally, those reports the other day that sol campbell wanted to move to charlton after he heard that their goalscorers against us were "young and bent" were completely unfounded.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:00 pm

Ciggy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:But on the positive Reyes, Van Persie and Bergkamp are also missing with injury.

Van Persie didnt play against Bolton whats up with him?
Bergkamp played didnt know he got injured though he's not the same player he used to be though so not really a danger, and Pires and  Ljungberg are shadows of their former selves them two are not playing well atall.
Can see walcott on the bench tomorrow.

I think Van Persie is still having trouble with his toe. He fractured it about 4 weeks ago, never properly recovered. I think the Reyes injury was when Abdoulaye Faye two-footed him, The Physio Room have it down as a swollen foot. Diddums
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:30 pm

It will be interesting to see whether Wenger puts Toure and Eboue straight into the team, I think he will. In not sure which players will play at fullback for them, also he has a choice between Cesc and Diaby, and he has to decide whether to start Hleb.

Lehman

Eboue(or Flamini) Toure(or Djourou) Senderos  Larsson

Ljunberg(or Hleb) Cesc(or Diaby) Gilberto  Pires

Henry Adebayor

All these players are unavailable:

Reyes
Bergkamp
Van Persie
Walcott
Gael Clichy
Campbell
Cole
Cygan
Lauren
Gilbert

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:46 pm

I hope Gerrard skins Larsson over and over and over, he looked absolute rubbish against Birmingham a little while back, he is by far worse then Traore. I am predicting a win, I just hope  I get to see it, I booked the day off, but apparently there is a mandatory meeting at work, bloody hope not.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:08 pm

mikopool wrote:I hope Gerrard skins Larsson over and over and over, he looked absolute rubbish against Birmingham a little while back, he is by far worse then Traore. I am predicting a win, I just hope  I get to see it, I booked the day off, but apparently there is a mandatory meeting at work, bloody hope not.

Larsoon is actually a centre mid! I doubt he will play too be honest, they have Toure and Eboue back so they have enough option to put out a decent defence.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:40 pm

kom wrote:I'm going to be in Liverpool on Tuesday Evening with my son. Can anyone tell me what my chances are of buying tickets (at a reasonable price) outside the grounds? I'd appreciate any advice

Advice : DON'T BUY FROM TOUTS

untrustworthy if you ask me, imagine the dissapointment if you get to the turnstiles and they turned you and your son away because you had bought fake tickets. Buying from touts is just giving them what they want. I think you'd be better going into the city centre and watching it inside a pub. Atmosphere is almost as good  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:02 am

I'm made up it's a night game - the atmosphere is always better.

I'm really looking forward to it - few jars in the Stanley before hand and at least you can have a warm beer in the ground cause it ain't a Euro match! :laugh:

Fowler 2-0  :buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:04 am

Crouch and Garcia are apprently big doubts according to teletext. Would like to see Fowler start anyway.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:29 am

With Kromkamp slowly getting used to the pace of english football, it might not be a bad idea to play him as RM. Finnan can overlap and support him as well. We need Gerrard in central midfield as playing Alonso with Sissoko or Hamann in CM is just too defensive. We need more thrust down the middle and Gerrard can also drift to the right flank occasionally to create havoc for Larsson, if required. With Crouch doubtful, we do not have an adequate targetman so crosses might be useless. Might as well use the pace of Cisse and see if we can produce anything. If only we can provide ONE goal scoring opportunity, juz ONE chance to God, then we'll be in heaven!!! :D
Bretc

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion