LIVERPOOL VS ANDERLECHT THREAD - build up and reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:12 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:I expect som changes against the team who played against west ham hope he doesnt fieled a weak squad i predict a 3-0 win mori garcia ciss

A staggeringly accurate prediction. Nobody would've quoted you a price but mathematically it had to be 10 000/1. Truly incredible to predict the score and the three scorers in the correct order.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SoppMeister » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 pm

Sabre wrote:Don't be too harsh on Crouch mates, he's young. We had Cissé and Morientes who are internationals with regularity in Spain and France, and then we have this lad that's a newcome to the club. He shouldn't have the responsability of scoring most of the goals this season, he must learn. And he'll eventually show what's capable of.

Sabre

I agree, when Cisse scored his goal the camera moved to Crouch straight after, it's unfair how they pounce on people at oppurtunities like that. Like I said before I felt sorry for him and I still think he'll come good soon. Shame it wasn't tonight.
SoppMeister

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 pm

Peter Crouch is not a Liverpool player and never will be, he will never score more than 10 goals a season for a club of our stature, he is a nice fella I dont have anything against the lad.
But he wont ever cut it at our level Im sorry for him he does try his best but he is not what we need.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:14 pm

Good performance, It's good to see us getting it out wide - some great crosses by finnan  :bowdown

A good goal by Moro but he had a lot of time to get the shot away, I think thats his problem in the prem, great header by garcia, good finish from cisse.   :)
AlanHansen

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:15 pm

A good goal by Moro but he had a lot of time to get the shot away, I think thats his problem in the prem

No, his problem is finishing. He's missed some great chances and it has had nothing to do with him having less time in the Premiership than in Europe. It's all in the head.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:16 pm

bigmick wrote:
*XABIALONSO* wrote:I expect som changes against the team who played against west ham hope he doesnt fieled a weak squad i predict a 3-0 win mori garcia ciss

A staggeringly accurate prediction. Nobody would've quoted you a price but mathematically it had to be 10 000/1. Truly incredible to predict the score and the three scorers in the correct order.

well ive always had faith and knew morientes would score and garcia and cisse never let us down
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:17 pm

A.B. wrote:Good result, good goals,good performance. Benitez only made one change, so not much rotation there.

The Aston Villa game really concerns me. Our Champions League hangover needs to end, and Villa will be up for it knowing that they really need a result.

Dont worry mate !! We can travel from Anfield to Anfield just fine!!
Its only down the road!!
66-1120597113

Postby SoppMeister » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:18 pm

Weird question maybe but does anyone know what Garcia does when he celebrates, it looks like he's sucking his thumb to me.
SoppMeister

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:20 pm

His celebration is dedicated to his son.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby florida_red » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:21 pm

hes got a young son and its a tribute of sorts to him
florida_red

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:21 pm

Clearly if Crouch is currently showing us his best form then we have wasted our money. My suspicion is however that there is more to come from the big man. His game exudes anxiety at the moment and his confidence is shot to pieces. Every time a cross came in he was unable to make anything of it because he was getting himself underneath the flight of the ball.
It's a classic trait of a striker who lacks confidence that he hits the space too early, so desperate is he to make sure he gets there. Confident players leave the space free and then attack it at pace as the ball gets there, 'arriving' with effect rather than trying to score from a standing jump. I think Crouch can make a player but he needs one to go in off his backside or a penalty or something.
The Niall Quinn article that one of the guys posted up last week was a perfect summary of the way I think he should try and play. I can't find the post now but I thought  it was the best I have read for ages.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:25 pm

jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:28 pm

Btw Morientes picked up an injury.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:33 pm

Yes John it is the article and like Quinns other thought provoking pieces of writing, is a great read. I've never given it much thought TBH but I'm absolutely certain Quinn is right on the money here. The guy who posted it up on this site made the suggestion that Liverpool could do a lot worse than get Quinn in for some one on one coaching with Crouch. It makes perfect sense to me I've got to say. Cheers for that John.
As a footnote, I don't know if many have read Quinn's auto-biography but if you haven't you should look it up. I think it's the best one I've ever read to be honest.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:34 pm

Somebody with any type of link to the club try and get  Peter Crouch to read that article. Very good indeed made alot of sense.
antz

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion