Liverpool v Spurs (H) Prem 7/10/07 - Pre-match and build up discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm

Kick off 3pm on Sunday 7th October at Anfield

all discussion here folks  :)

i reckon a win for us  :p
Last edited by Judge on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LOVERPOOL » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:53 pm

There is an important match before that...
lets concentrate Totten later... :;):
''   
We ought to die before we let the fire out...
                                                               ''

(we probably gonna die /- :)
LOVERPOOL

Postby heimdall » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm

This is a far more important match though and it will be a good test to see if the team can step up to the plate against a "better" side. I fancy us for this game, I mean if Villa can get 4 past them then surely we should be able to destroy them and our defence has been rock solid so far. We need to play a hell of a lot better than the last 3 prem games though!!
heimdall

Postby red37 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:36 pm

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby taff » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Not sure if its a good or bad time to play them. They look like an unit to me although conceding four is bad but scoring four, obviously a threat.

They will be up for it as it looks like the players are genuinely playing for Jol.

If we do go ahead I think we will have to get another as they are dangerous up front
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:45 pm

We should win this game because Spurs are leaking goals left right and centre, and they're also not a very good away side.
Graeme Noble

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:52 pm

red37 wrote:Image

:D class
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:05 pm

fucking red37 the ripped slipper boy  :angry:

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:39 pm

cool... how'd you do that?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:48 pm

I think we'll get another hard fought 1-0 here. Tottenham had a great result on monday night (considering they were facing a hammering) but they are still all at sea at the back and any of our strikers should be able to capitalise. Berbatov hasn't lived up to the hype, Defoe is p1ssed but they still have Keane and Bent, though I think we'll cut them off in midfield. Lennon might be a slight danger, but again we should be able to neutralize him.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:10 pm

To be fair to both teams last night, any team that concieds 4 goals deserves to lose in a game of football. That's how I see it. Villa must be feeling like complete wasters today after going 4-1 up, and really should have shut up shop or hit them for a real battering of about 6-1. Make no mistake about it, it will be a different game when we play them, but if they perform how they have been, then I can see us thumping them for about 3 goals, and we'll be the final nail that got hammered into Jol's job at White Hart Lane.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:12 pm

a good result for us here would probably mean the end for Jol...i'm going for a 3-0
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:45 pm

I think it will be 3-1 to liverpool,

Spurs have a :censored: defence and a sh!t goalkeeper but have the best strike force in the prem IMO so i think we will win but they may be the first team to score against from open play in the prem.:D
roberto green

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:12 am

I think it's a huge game and a really tough proposition. Repeating my mantra of football matches leading into one another, they will be coming to Anfield on an absolutely huge high. Down and out with the manager facing the sack at 4-1 down Home to Villa, they steamrollered back ino the game and got themselves a point. To be a turning point in their season (and lets face it they are light years better than their league position suggests) they will have to get something at Anfield. They will be fizzing ready to pop on the plane on the way up, and it will be our most difficult game of the season so far in my opinion, including Chelsea.

Anybody who's ever played Sport to a reasonable level will be able to imagine the scenes in their dressing room after the Villa game, and for me any kind of victory will be a fantastic result. No surprises from me, but needless to say whichever eleven players Rafa considers is his best need to start here, this is expessly NOT a game for fecking about with the team selection.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:52 pm

I agree with what your saying mick, Spurs will be well up for this after the end they had to the Villa game.
A major plus for us is the fact that they are leaking so many goals and look to be very vulnerable. But going forwards they are always a threat.
In almost every game they have conceded a few they have created alot and missed them, with the quality strikers they have that will not continue to happen, so we need to be well up for this with...yes you've all guessed it....OUR STRONGEST 11.
Also last season when we won in the end about 3-0, they were the better side until we scored so quite capable of coming to Anfield, playing good football and causing problems.
Start well score first and we will win, pick a side that allows them to gain confidence and the initiative will be lost resulting in possibly points being dropped and wasted.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion