Liverpool v Spurs (H) Prem 7/10/07 - Pre-match and build up discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Sunderland at home and struggling? probably they're rotating massively! :D

Come on Liverpool, it's a sunny sunday (at least here), make me happy and win!! I have good feelings for todays match.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:56 pm

Eagle wrote:Hope we line up like this:

Itandje

Arbeloa     Carragher     Hobbs     Aurelio

Babel      Mascherano     Leiva       Leto

Torres     Voronin

Subs:

Kuyt
Benayoun
Gerrard
Hyypia
Reina

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:56 pm

Ah well, would have been nice if they had lost two points today, but we really couldn't expect anything like that to happen at home against Sunderland. Anyway, here's my punt at todays lineup for the mighty LFC:

Reina

Arbeloa
Hyypia
Carra
Finnan

Riise
Masch
SG
Pennant

Kuyt
Torres

Subs:

Itandje
Momo
Benayoun
Babel
Voronin

A pretty attacking minded bench, but we really haven't got too many defensive alternatives. If - God forbid - something should happen to a defender, I imagine Rafa will move Riise back. I think we'll see quite a few goals today, and reckon we might win this 3-1.
JamCar05

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:57 pm

arsenal won, and i have to say (despite sunderland grabbing a couple) going forward they look amazing.

we need that win today, arsenal unbeaten in 20 games
112-1077774096

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:59 pm

peewee wrote:arsenal won, and i have to say (despite sunderland grabbing a couple) going forward they look amazing.

if arsenal get a couple of injuries they'll struggle in my opinion....there's no way that squad can play 60-70 matches
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC__2007 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Gona be a tough game, but its a game we need to win to get confidence back before the break. Rafa needs to pick a strong team. Aurelio is out so joins Xabi and Agger on the sidelines. Id go with:

..............................................Reina.......................................

.............Finnan.............Carra................Hyypia................Arbeloa......

............Pennant...........Gerrard.............Mascherano.........Babel.........

..................................Torres................Kuyt..............................

Subs: Itandje Riise Momo Benayoun Crouch

That back five has been strong at the start of the season and looks are best for now, Stevie and Masch have to play in the middle after Momos shocking performance in midweek. Torres and Kuyt seem the best partnership and i think they now need to get games together, that wont please the other two but thats what we need.
I fancy us to win 2-1, wouldnt be surprised to see them go infront, but we'll turn it round through Torres, and Stevie to get winner.

> > > Live Streams
LFC__2007

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:04 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
peewee wrote:arsenal won, and i have to say (despite sunderland grabbing a couple) going forward they look amazing.

if arsenal get a couple of injuries they'll struggle in my opinion....there's no way that squad can play 60-70 matches

This might be true, but they already have a couple of injuries as it is: Gallas, Rosicky, Hleb (I think), Lehmann, Da Silva. Surely some of these would be in the Arsenal team if it weren't for their injuries (Gallas and Rosicky especially), so they're coping pretty well without injured players atm I would say. It might be a different story though, if they were to lose Fabregas or Van Persie  :glare:
JamCar05

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:06 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

This might be true, but they already have a couple of injuries as it is: Gallas, Rosicky, Hleb (I think), Lehmann, Da Silva. Surely some of these would be in the Arsenal team if it weren't for their injuries (Gallas and Rosicky especially), so they're coping pretty well without injured players atm I would say. It might be a different story though, if they were to lose Fabregas or Van Persie  :glare:

take Fabregas out and Arsenal would look very ordinary.  Also Lehmann has been dropped and isn't injured.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:14 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

take Fabregas out and Arsenal would look very ordinary.  Also Lehmann has been dropped and isn't injured.

Fair play regarding Lehmann, but the players I put forward were Gallas and Rosicky. Furthermore, the "take Fabregas out and they're ordinary" can be said for most teams. Take Torres out and many people would argue, that we pose no threat whatsoever (or this seems to be what many people on this board think at least). The thing is, you can't just expect that Fabregas will miss games this season. What if he doesn't?
JamCar05

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:18 pm

Today's team is
Reina
finnan
carra
sami
arbeloa
pennant
gerrard
mascherano
risse
vorinin
torres.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:19 pm

...speaking of which Arsenal won again. Another late-ish Van Persie goal. 3:2 (credit to Sunderland though for holding on - almost).

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Today's team is
Reina
finnan
carra
sami
arbeloa
pennant
gerrard
mascherano
risse
vorinin
torres.

Bugger........ but for Voronin I would have had it right again.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:23 pm

Bit dissapointed that Kuyt and Babel arnt playing.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:23 pm

Me too* :D  Any news on who's on the bench today?

* = In regards to getting the starting lineup right minus Voronin for Kuyt.
JamCar05

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:24 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Me too :D  Any news on who's on the bench today?

Itandje, Benayoun, Kuyt, Babel, Lucas.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion