Liverpool v Spurs (H) Prem 7/10/07 - Pre-match and build up discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby petefromleek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:17 pm

t1ntin wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
petefromleek wrote:
Ciggy wrote:What really got to me today was the Spurs fans singing Anfield is a Library, and wheres your famous fans, I know I am a woman myself but there was an astonishing amount of couples at the ground today no wonder the atmosphere is so feckin sh.it.

I said on this thread (page 3) how I was really looking forward to going to Anfield.  Even as a Tottenham fan, I have watched Liverpool on TV and listened to the "Kop Choir" with appreciation and awe, and I was expecting to hear more of the same today.  However, your vocal support today was awful, in fact it was virtually non-existant.  I would have thought that when your team is under-performing (And I should know all about that), that you should get behind your team.  "Anfield Library" was spot on, today.  The only atmosphere came from the Tottenham fans.

Anfield only produces its famous atmosphere when we play a decent team or the bitters.

Anfield can always produce a fantastic atmosphere, no matter what the team we are playing.... One major thing we need to work on is consistency of the team - we are not performing at the moment if that is rotation or just lack of passion I dont believe its got anything to do with the 12th man - the supporters are there through thick and thin.

Even when you scored, the fans didn't get behind the team.
petefromleek

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:18 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Anfield only produces its famous atmosphere when we play a decent team or the bitters.

Lando this is where you disrespect Spurs have you never seen the games between us?
They are for the majority open games and I really respect Spurs so do loads of Liverpool fans , just what are you talking about?
Benitez nearly shagged Jol in the tunnel.
Big neckin session goin on there lid.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby petefromleek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Ciggy wrote:
petefromleek wrote:I said on this thread (page 3) how I was really looking forward to going to Anfield.  Even as a Tottenham fan, I have watched Liverpool on TV and listened to the "Kop Choir" with appreciation and awe, and I was expecting to hear more of the same today.  However, your vocal support today was awful, in fact it was virtually non-existant.  I would have thought that when your team is under-performing (And I should know all about that), that you should get behind your team.  "Anfield Library" was spot on, today.  The only atmosphere came from the Tottenham fans.

Well you see the problem with success brings glory hunters who dont know songs and treat Anfield as a day out in Alton Towers one thing you have to take part in this year, a sort of day out.

I have already comented on it today the amount of couples at our game today, its not normal its not healthy, infact its wrong.
But there where hundreds of couples there today I think we can safely say Liverpool is losing its identity.

I am so sad about it........

As a Tottenham fan, I've got to say I'm sad too.  Like I said I was really looking forward to my first visit to Anfield.  Without meaning to sound insincere, I could have been at any ground today.  The Anfield atmosphere just wasn't there.
petefromleek

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:20 pm

petefromleek wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
petefromleek wrote:
JohnBull wrote:I thought that the two Spurs goals were excellent goals and you could be finnicky and blame our defence but they were never "give away" goals. Spurs played well.

I've only read the last few pages of this thread, and this is the only post that gives Tottenham any credit.  The first half was pretty non-descript, but in the second half Tottenham ran the game, picking up every loose ball going.  They always looked a danger.  Berbatov looked the class act that he is, and when he controlled the ball, that Robinson had just kicked to him, on a sixpence, it took FIVE of your lads to eventually wrestle it away from him.  Apart from the last 10-15 minutes when either Tottenham sat back or Liverpool pushed froward (who knows what it was), Liverpool never troubled our defence, and really the goal was a surprise.  I know it's goals that count, but Torres had never been in the game - until then!
Had we held on for another minute or two, you could not have had any complaints.

May I ask why you're on here, and not on a Tottenham site?

And had we actually been at even 75% of our true level, you'd have been driving home in tears after a 5-0 pummeling.

Funny how these "ifs" and "buts" change the tint on things...

I fully expected to be on the end of a 5-0 pummeling!!

So did a lot of the fans there today, hence why the atmosphere was stilted somewhat.

It's a lack of patience from certain factions which leads to unrest.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby petefromleek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Anfield only produces its famous atmosphere when we play a decent team or the bitters.

Lando this is where you disrespect Spurs have you never seen the games between us?
They are for the majority open games and I really respect Spurs so do loads of Liverpool fans , just what are you talking about?

Thank you :)
petefromleek

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:22 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
petefromleek wrote:
Ciggy wrote:What really got to me today was the Spurs fans singing Anfield is a Library, and wheres your famous fans, I know I am a woman myself but there was an astonishing amount of couples at the ground today no wonder the atmosphere is so feckin sh.it.

I said on this thread (page 3) how I was really looking forward to going to Anfield.  Even as a Tottenham fan, I have watched Liverpool on TV and listened to the "Kop Choir" with appreciation and awe, and I was expecting to hear more of the same today.  However, your vocal support today was awful, in fact it was virtually non-existant.  I would have thought that when your team is under-performing (And I should know all about that), that you should get behind your team.  "Anfield Library" was spot on, today.  The only atmosphere came from the Tottenham fans.

Anfield only produces its famous atmosphere when we play a decent team or the bitters.

So not only are you clueless (your post in which you fail to acknowledge the fact Liverpool aren’t good enough to beat Spurs 5-0) but you are also classless.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:22 pm

JohnBull wrote:

Dead Right Cigg
I'm all in favour of family friendly games but there were loads of kids around me who were more interested in the bleeding shop than the match.
Where do these people get the tickets from ? I have to pull in favours from all over the place (even Goodison Park sometimes) to sort tickets for my mates and there seems to be more and more tourist supporters each match.
God help us when this Dutch lad, Jordie, breaks through, my daughters are already after him, they'll start asking for tickets and screaming when he gets the ball !

do you know what two rows in front of me there were 3 chinese tourists were they got the tickets from :censored: knows cause i know one of the seats belongs to a lad from Netherley  they were more interested in taking photos of the pitch and the crowd than watching the game .What a waste
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby petefromleek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:25 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
petefromleek wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
petefromleek wrote:
JohnBull wrote:I thought that the two Spurs goals were excellent goals and you could be finnicky and blame our defence but they were never "give away" goals. Spurs played well.

I've only read the last few pages of this thread, and this is the only post that gives Tottenham any credit.  The first half was pretty non-descript, but in the second half Tottenham ran the game, picking up every loose ball going.  They always looked a danger.  Berbatov looked the class act that he is, and when he controlled the ball, that Robinson had just kicked to him, on a sixpence, it took FIVE of your lads to eventually wrestle it away from him.  Apart from the last 10-15 minutes when either Tottenham sat back or Liverpool pushed froward (who knows what it was), Liverpool never troubled our defence, and really the goal was a surprise.  I know it's goals that count, but Torres had never been in the game - until then!
Had we held on for another minute or two, you could not have had any complaints.

May I ask why you're on here, and not on a Tottenham site?

And had we actually been at even 75% of our true level, you'd have been driving home in tears after a 5-0 pummeling.

Funny how these "ifs" and "buts" change the tint on things...

I fully expected to be on the end of a 5-0 pummeling!!

So did a lot of the fans there today, hence why the atmosphere was stilted somewhat.

It's a lack of patience from certain factions which leads to unrest.

Let's hope for better things next season (if we're still in The Premiership!!).  Good luck for the rest of your season, except when you play us.  Got to go now and say hello to my very patient wife.
petefromleek

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:31 pm

By the way im getting it in the neck at the moment from HIM indoors hes a spurs fan i hope i havnt got it to come again when we play the :censored: cause my son a blue nose its mad in my house sometimes
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:16 pm

:bump

For me this game hinged on the couple of chances after we scored after our first goal. If one of those goes in, in all likelihood we'd have gone on to win the game. Even still, you'd think our solid defensive record at home would have seen us through. Our defence was out of sorts, Carragher made errors, positionally we were all over the place.

The performance was average, again, and we never really looked threatening on a persistent basis. This is what we need to achieve if we want to win the league, we need to be pressing with wave after wave of attack, especially at home.

Gerrard needs a clip round the ear and a kick up the ar5e, all this title talk, but not an attitude to match. I don't give a feck if he disagrees with the team selection, or Rafa's methods, he should work his nuts off for the team, he hasn't been lately IMO. In fact, today, every player bar possibly Torres and Reina, appeared lacklustre and careless.

The atmosphere was pretty sh!te today, sometimes I feel that the moaning, disintersted fans should buck up their ideas. Support the club through thick or thin, if we're being beaten sing louder, if we're playing sh!t sing louder, don't fecking moan. Moan after the match.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Sarcasm.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:02 pm

LFC__2007 wrote:
simolonge wrote:Who's got the live feed please ?

Wheres that Heimdall fella he has good sopcast feeds. . .

> > > Live Streams

you may have register if your not a member already.

:no  Imposter
LFC2007

Postby Scottbot » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:17 pm

Just got back now, not a great performance. Two sucker punch goals completely took the wind out of us plus there is clearly very little confidence in the side at the moment.

Have to comment on the atmosphere at Anfield today. I know it's up to the team to give the fans something to sing about but that was the worst i've ever known it, even quieter than Houllier's last season. Think we managed 5, maybe 6 songs (one verse if lucky) all game. Spurs fans were brilliant but it was embarrassing sitting there while they sung verse after verse of 'where's your famous atmosphere?', 'Anfield's like a library' and 'shall we sing one for ya'. Fecking embarrassing. Best fans in the premier league? not a fecking chance :(
Last edited by Scottbot on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:29 pm

simolonge wrote:
Pedro Maradona wrote:I reckon all is not well at anfield,

And your reason for thinking this is what ?

Maybe we are simply out of form.

As another member of this forum who everyone likes always goes on about:

"Form is temporary, class is permenant"

We will come out of this dip.

Pako walking out,
Gerrard off form,
Crouch having a go coz he isnt playing,
We are playing like cowards, not getting at teams, no leaders on the pitch, we never seem to impose our game on teams, its all counterattack with rafa
do you want me to go on?
Pedro Maradona

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:43 pm

Pedro Maradona wrote:
simolonge wrote:
Pedro Maradona wrote:I reckon all is not well at anfield,

And your reason for thinking this is what ?

Maybe we are simply out of form.

As another member of this forum who everyone likes always goes on about:

"Form is temporary, class is permenant"

We will come out of this dip.

Pako walking out,
Gerrard off form,
Crouch having a go coz he isnt playing,
We are playing like cowards, not getting at teams, no leaders on the pitch, we never seem to impose our game on teams, its all counterattack with rafa
do you want me to go on?

dont think paco leaving is a big deal.....a bald spaniard who speaks worse english than rafa cant see a man like that being missed too much

we miss the ball players.....alonso, agger

and we miss the guile of a luis garcia type....ok benayoun is similar but benitez isnt using him as much as he used garcia
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion