Liverpool v Spurs (H) Prem 7/10/07 - Pre-match and build up discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:14 pm

peewee wrote:there comes a time when the excuses have to stop and some honesty needs to kick in

Honesty AND reality matey.

Honestly we are playing absolute pants.

In reality we are getting away with it a fair bot and are not being left stranded.
simolonge

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:14 pm

im disgusted with the play. goodnight all.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:15 pm

DCFC wrote:Everyone has a dip in form, ours is now, we'll kick on and challenge. This time last season we wouldnt have recovered

We arnt everyone. We are Liverpool!!

Man Utd didnt dip until they had already won the leage last year and Chelsea didnt dip for almost 2 years at one point so why should we be any different.

Our players just arnt giving it their all, and swapping about like a fecking swingers party week in week out cant be helping them adjust either.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:Man Utd didnt dip until they had already won the leage last year and Chelsea didnt dip for almost 2 years at one point so why should we be any different.

Our players just arnt giving it their all, and swapping about like a fecking swingers party week in week out cant be helping them adjust either.

But both did the start of this season didnt they ?
simolonge

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:17 pm

simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:
simolonge wrote:We will come out of this dip.

i don't think anyone doubts this, but sadly we shouldn't even be in this dip, and we may come out of it too late

ITs not a matter of when we come out of it Peewee matey, its how close we are to the top.

We are ONLY four points shy, is this is still the case when we come out of our dip, then its GAME ON

we are 7 points behind arsenal mate, i dont know where you get 4 points from
112-1077774096

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:17 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
puroresu wrote:my worry is we could go into the arsenal game 7 points behind with a defeat making it 10 points.  thats to many.  if we would of won this games we have dropped points the games v everton and arsenal wouldnt be so vital to win.

Who's to say Arsenal won't draw or lose a few games over the season? I'm sure they will.

People seem to have the attitude now that all our rivals for the league will win every game and will be virtually unbeatable. They arn't. They are playing well at the moment. All we have to do is play well when they arn't. This is a concern, as we never seem to do this when needed.

i think people assume our rivals will hit a bad run but its not a guarantee.  it wasnt that long ago arsenal went a season unbeaten. last season utd never really hit a bad run.  chelsea in 05 didnt have a bad run of form. 

our results isnt just the problem.  the performances are poor.  sometimes u draw 0-0 after creating untold amount of chances, hitting the woodwork 2 or 3 times and the keeper has a stormer.  for us we are drawing games after not playing well at all.
puroresu

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:19 pm

ynwa ........... :)
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Aaron » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:19 pm

bavlondon wrote:
DCFC wrote:Everyone has a dip in form, ours is now, we'll kick on and challenge. This time last season we wouldnt have recovered

[B]Man Utd didnt dip until they had already won the leage last year and Chelsea didnt dip for almost 2 years at one point so why should we be any different.[\B]

Like you said we are Liverpool, not Man U or Chelsea. The fact is you cant expect the team to play superb every single game, results have to be ground out, today we did that.

I dont agree with Rafa' rotation policy, but if he winsthe league with it at the end of the season then he has proved us all wrong. Until then all the threads regarding Rafa Out are a load of :censored:!!
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:21 pm

DCFC wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

[B]Man Utd didnt dip until they had already won the leage last year and Chelsea didnt dip for almost 2 years at one point so why should we be any different.[\B]

Like you said we are Liverpool, not Man U or Chelsea. The fact is you cant expect the team to play superb every single game, results have to be ground out, today we did that.

I dont agree with Rafa' rotation policy, but if he winsthe league with it at the end of the season then he has proved us all wrong. Until then all the threads regarding Rafa Out are a load of :censored:!!

2-2 at home v a rubbish spurs side is not a good result.  this side cant defend for anything and we should of beat them at home easily.
puroresu

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:22 pm

peewee wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:

i don't think anyone doubts this, but sadly we shouldn't even be in this dip, and we may come out of it too late

ITs not a matter of when we come out of it Peewee matey, its how close we are to the top.

We are ONLY four points shy, is this is still the case when we come out of our dip, then its GAME ON

Sorry I meant to add when we beat them  :D
simolonge

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:23 pm

I fear arsenal may hand our @rses to us when we play them

Im also dreading derby day away to the :censored:
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:25 pm

DCFC wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

I would like nothing more than for Rafa to make me eat my words for doubting him. But its not going to happen.

The terms "grinding results" are reserved for tough gritty away games where you need a combintion of luck and grit to get a result.

What you saw today is us "struggle" to create, struggle to defend and struggle to put away chances agaionst a Spurs side in the relegation zone in probably their worst mental state ever in Jols reign.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:25 pm

puroresu wrote:
DCFC wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

2-2 at home v a rubbish spurs side is not a good result.  this side cant defend for anything and we should of beat them at home easily.

I'm not saying its a good result by any means. I'm saying we all hit a bad patch, no matter how good a team you have. 2 players who form the spine of our team are missing, Agger and Alonso.

You may say thats the point of a big squad but Hyypia is knocking on now and Mascherano isnt the same type of player as Alonso. We still havnt been beaten this season, the stats have shown we have made a better start under Rafa than any other season. If we are not challenging for the league come March thats when i'll start worrying.until then, let Rafa do his job
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:26 pm

Forever_Red wrote:I fear arsenal may hand our @rses to us when we play them

Im also dreading derby day away to the :censored:

Bring on yer Manchester United
Bring on yer cockneys by the score
simolonge

Postby simolonge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:27 pm

peewee wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:

22 - 16 = 6 by the way, so we both flunked mathematics matey . . .

:laugh:
simolonge

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion