Liverpool v Spurs (H) Prem 7/10/07 - Pre-match and build up discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Rotation isn't the problem...  well it isn't if you have 2 top class players in every position..  but we aint.. Our squad is stronger but I just can't understand it when he plays the likes of Leto (who is deffo one for the future) against top sides. 

Just play your best team....  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Makes me wanna scream!!!

Anyway, I think it is impossible to predict a score as we do not know which team will play!

If it is..

Reina
Finnan Carra  Hypia  Arbeloa
Pennant  Gerrard Mascha Risse
         Torres Kuyt

I think we will win

If it is

Reina
Arbeloa  Carra  Hypia  Aurelio
Yossi  Gerrard Sissoko  Leto
          Voronin  Kuyt

I think we will strugle to score....

Who know???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Red Dotty » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:05 pm

We really need a win to push on and get last night out of the system. I agree with an earlier comment made that i think raffa will go with what he knows works.

Reina
Finnan
Hyypia
JC
Arbeloa
Pennant
SG
Mascherano
Riise
Torres
Kuyt

2-0 win hard game though
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Feugo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:54 pm

my sixth sense tell me this isnt good :(
Jol is desperately try to win...
but,

The Reds will win 1 - 0 :angry:
En taro tassadar!

ImageImage
Feugo

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:12 pm

I think and I hope we'll see something like this

----------Reina

Finnan Carra Agger Aurelio

Pennant Mascherano Gerrard Benayoun

--------Kuyt  Torres aka Towers aka El Niño aka El Mesías.

I have the feeling we'll see both a good match and a win.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverGool » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:47 pm

If we enter the game with this formation, the reds will dominate the game, its not an easy match though, both team struggles in the premier league this year , Jol and RB are in a heavy challenge now by the fans and owners of both teams.

I want to see babel playing forward or as a second striker ( like rooney sometmes) he is fast , great shooter, great controller  he just needs time to get used to the rotation Sh!t .. (Remember when C.ronaldo came to manchester, and Adebayor to arsenal)
players CANT gain confidence if they did not play ???

Three games played last week in three different competitions and we did not see Babel at any on of them !! Why Rafa prefers Leto than babel !! i could not fin an answer for that  ..

hopefully this game the team balances again and getting an important win to increase the pressure on arsenal especially that arsenal is playing an easy home  game against sunderland ..

Simply.. IF WE FAIL THIS GAME WE WILL FAIL THE NEXT ONE @ EVERTON ! :veryangry

This is my winning formation
Reina

Finnan            Carragher            Hyppia          Arbeloa

Pennant            Gerrard              Masherano       Riise

Babel              Torres.
You Will Never Walk Alone
LiverGool

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:53 pm

We really should be winning this game IMO, Spurs have been awful this season , i watched them play Villa the other night and they got destryed if it wernt for that oaf Harewood, they would have been comfortably beaten .

I wouldnt be suprised to see Hyppia score from a corner as Spurs cant defend to save there lifes, and the defenders have no confidene in the keeper, and neither does Robinson have any confidence in himself.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:57 am

This will be a major test on Rafa's motivational skills. I have my doubts on this game, Spurs, even though are not in their best form, still have good individuals and can cause problems. Gerrard must impose himself on this game, the other players will be looking for inspiration from their captain.

Me heart always want a Liverpool win, but me head says its going to be a draw....
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:30 am

While admittedly not in the same league as Sabre as a happy clapper, I still think we will win this one comfortably (team selection permitting).

Reina
Finnan     Carra              Hyppia     Arbeloa

Pennant     Gerrard      Mascherano     Riise

Torres    Kuyt

2 -0 Torres (12min) Gerrard (54min) :D
account deleted by request

Postby LiverGool » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:01 am

Keris wrote:Me heart always want a Liverpool win, but me head says its going to be a draw....

:blush:
You Will Never Walk Alone
LiverGool

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:51 am

tough times huh
sigh
lets see how it goes. liverpool on paper can win this but spurs have good individuals i find one key player for them will be chimbonda.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:53 am

TBH I'm not looking forward to this fixture and our up and coming ones, bring on international duty.
66-1112520797

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:09 am

Bamaga man wrote:TBH I'm not looking forward to this fixture and our up and coming ones, bring on international duty.

:D i second that
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Lucky » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:25 am

In the current situation, I don't think it matters a lot whether Spurs will play good or bad against us. What all matters is whether we will play on form or not. The problem is all ours. If we didn't improve our performance from last CL game, even if Spurs played poorly, we might only get an embarrasing draw, which wouldn't do any good to our title chanllenge.
What's going on to our squad in Wednesday's game is beyond my understanding. Now my only hope is that would be just one single bad game and everying will be sorted out before Sunday's game.  Given Arsenal's good form and Man Utd's comeback (and even Chelsea begin to win), we really cannot afford to screw it up.
Three points, please!!!
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby duk » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:43 am

C'mon people why are we all down? okay we played poor but this is a chance to make a statement,

Liverpool aren't out of anything yet!
Hopefully a win against spurs will chance the attitudes of the majority
duk

Postby Lucky » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:30 am

mate, it's not our current place in the table that worried me. It's our performance.
If we played like we did at very begining of this season, but lost, I'd keep my every faith on our title chance. But it's just not the case.
Anyway, it's not the time to be too pessimitsic yet. Let's cross our fingers that we'll win on Sunday.  :)
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion