Liverpool v portsmouth

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stoney » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:09 pm

ozzie1000 wrote:i do not use internet on a regular basis,as im a more of a text person so hence the reason why im using short hand, im also use to shorthand as it the language i use when in lectures, so i apologise for being so imperfect compared to you literate geniuses who signify the least important factors where as more importantly we need the 3 points tomorrow, i also feel you have to much time on your hands to make comments on such minor mistakes as the point being conveyed was inderstood so therefore my ain was achieved, but if u did not understand the point being put forward and asked me a question i would would have been most happy to have helped

thank you

Fair enough mate but the problem is that some people on the foum seriously dislike text speak and find it difficult/annoying to read so try an cut of the text speak in future posts.

Happy posting  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ozzie1000 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:12 pm

i kinda realised,hence the reason why my last message was not text, thank you stoney for being so civilised
ozzie1000

Postby Effes » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:17 pm

I thought you were doing Ali G speak purpose - thought it was funny.
But also agree, some threads/posts make me think people think too much about footy. But then again, tis a footy forum.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:31 pm

ozzie1000 wrote:i do not use internet on a regular basis,as im a more of a text person so hence the reason why im using short hand, im also use to shorthand as it the language i use when in lectures, so i apologise for being so imperfect compared to you literate geniuses who signify the least important factors where as more importantly we need the 3 points tomorrow, i also feel you have to much time on your hands to make comments on such minor mistakes as the point being conveyed was inderstood so therefore my ain was achieved, but if u did not understand the point being put forward and asked me a question i would would have been most happy to have helped

thank you

WELL DONE !!

YOU HAVE JUST BROKEN THE RECORD FOR THE WORLDS LONGEST EVER SENTENCE. :p

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:34 pm

ozzie1000 wrote:as it the language i use when in lectures,

English lectures?

Just kiddin wid ya!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:36 pm

stu_the_red wrote:What makes you think he's tired?  ??? Because he played a game in midweek? Him and Luis Garcia are not suffering  from physical fatigue, they didn't even train today, so don't give me :censored: about them being tired.

You were one of these calling for rafa's head for making unnesscerssary changes, yet now you're advocating them, get a grip.

If he's got an ounce of sense then he'll pick the same side again. To play Zenden and Hamann in central midfield though would simply be outrageous and you would be asking for a defeat.

Dont get your knickers in a twist Stuart :p
Yes I did call for Rafa's head changing 4 and 5 players every game, and playing Traore and Josemi to rest Finnan and Riise/Warnock, there was no need for Rafa to do that.
But there is nothing wrong in playing Zenden cause Riise's got a head injury, and there is nothing wrong with Hamann playing or Pongolle either.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:49 pm

The only changes that should be even considered are Sissoko (replaced by Zenden), Pongolle in for Sissy and IF Riise isn't fit, which he will be, then Warnock in for Riise.

Even on that, i wouldn't change a winning team unless it was absoloutely needed. Which it isn't with MAYBE the exception of Riise who i haven't heard is injured and ain't going to take your word for.

The thing is, the idiots that are calling for changes are the same people who rightly slammed Rafa for making so many  changes, now though after three wins, 7 goals and 3 clean sheets, people want us to go back to square one and unsettle the side. Its mindless, clueless and shows a distinct lack of knowledge of football.

We've just finally found a winning formula and look more consistent... so we'll change it again... yes that makes sense. Unbelievable.

Lyndsey thats why i have a pop at ya girl, you contradict everything you say from one week to the next.
115-1073096938

Postby Garymac » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:00 pm

Did anyone actually watch the spain game, Alonso wont have a easier 90 minutes in his life, i dont think he broke sweat and i think he play on saturay, the only change i see is maybe gerrard coming in the center in an attacking central role and he might put both zenden and garcia on the flanks.....Im happy either way the way Gerrards playing.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:01 pm

sky sports is claiming that riise is out so warnock should come in as a straight replacement. i agree that if garcia is fit then the front six should remain the same as the last three games(with the possible exception of zenden for sissoko).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:02 pm

Sense at last.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:11 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Sense at last.

where? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:13 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Riise who i haven't heard is injured and ain't going to take your word for.

From SSN.
John Arne Riise will miss Liverpool's clash with Portsmouth through injury.

The full back picked up a head injury during Norway's defeat to Czech Republic on Wednesday.

The injury is not believed to be serious, but Riise has been told to rest for a few days and will therefore miss the visit of Portsmouth.

"It can take some time before he can play," Norway team doctor Thor Einar Andersen told Dagbladet.

"It is not a serious injury, but he needs to rest."

It means that Djimi Traore and Stephen Warnock will be battling it out to replace Riise in Rafa Benitez's starting line-up.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:28 pm

We need to stick with as close to our best side as possible, simple as that.  If Riise is out then we HAVE to play Warnock, Traore can't be trusted and I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team.

Playing Pongolle would be a mistake also, as far as I know he has been suspended for the last few reserve games so he's not going to have any match sharpness.  Stick with Cisse and Morientes for this one.  Dropping Sissoko for Hamann would also be a mistake.  As good as Hamann undoubtedly is, Alonso needs to play alongside someone a bit more mobile (either Gerrard or Sissoko) as he tends to sit deep and spray the passes rather than cover a lot of ground.

Lets just keep it simple here, bring Warnock in for Riise if necessary and leave the rest of the team alone.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:54 pm

john craig wrote:We need to stick with as close to our best side as possible, simple as that.  If Riise is out then we HAVE to play Warnock, Traore can't be trusted and I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team.

Playing Pongolle would be a mistake also, as far as I know he has been suspended for the last few reserve games so he's not going to have any match sharpness.  Stick with Cisse and Morientes for this one.  Dropping Sissoko for Hamann would also be a mistake.  As good as Hamann undoubtedly is, Alonso needs to play alongside someone a bit more mobile (either Gerrard or Sissoko) as he tends to sit deep and spray the passes rather than cover a lot of ground.

Lets just keep it simple here, bring Warnock in for Riise if necessary and leave the rest of the team alone.

I think your dead right, and there are some good points about Pongolle and the centre mid area.

Our attacks can be a bit predictable if we have no drive forward and with Hamann and Alonso together that would probably be the case.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:01 pm

I also think that we need to stick to the closest team we played in the 3 games before the international break!
This bout of internationals could not have come at a worst time for LFC!
We were starting to play more fluently as a result of Raffa finally sticking by his first choice 11 and then a minging 2 week break pops up when our boys needed games most! Just our luck.
Lets hope they can keep it going though and Raffa only makes forced changes for the near future !
Portsmouth at Anfield,cant see them getting anything from the game and i expect us to win by at least 2 clear goals!
3-1 to the red men i reckon and hopefully Crouch can come on at some time and get a goal!!
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion