Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:45 pm

rish wrote:WE MISSING XABI BADLY   :(

Always makes me laugh comments like these ! Always missing one particular player thats injured that, even win he was fit didnt really change any games.

Nope what were missing more than anything is PASSION !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:46 pm

Two words:

XABI ALONSO

We played shite tonight. Are we getting complacent?

Crouch is too slow and IMO really doesn't add anything to the team. If he wants to play then play well when you get the chance.

Sissoko was p1sss poor tonight. Ball given away so many times, especially for the goal. When he does a few mistakes early on his head goes. His game was finished 20 mins in.

The best team won. Simple as.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:47 pm

dawson99 wrote:what we need is a home grown assiatnat coach to kick 7 shades of sh!t out of our players and remind them what it means to put on the jersey

spot on
but its not about the shirt at liverpool anymoer sadly its about the dollar
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:48 pm

:no
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:48 pm

Kharhaz wrote:

Always makes me laugh comments like these ! Always missing one particular player thats injured that, even win he was fit didnt really change any games.

really?

our midfield lacked the class Xabi brings. We were out of ideas. The ball didnt get to the wingers. Gerrard was man marked out of the game. Alonso would have definately made a difference and would have done so in the last few games aswell. FACT

True there was no passion there but Xabi Alonso is one of the most passionate players I've seen in a Liverpool shirt in recent seasons.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:50 pm

the joke is i have watched l'om this season and there defence has never had a night so easy.  Tonight ranks up there with that horror show at st mary's in 05
puroresu

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Yeah maybe Saint, but for me the most important thing is that we have a clear plan for Saturday, (actually it's Sunday but the principle is still the same) . I've said a few times that when a team isn't playing well (like I don't think anybody would dispute we aren't) it is unrealistic to expect that for instance picking Torres, bringing Alonso back or whatever other magic fix someone dreams up will instantly cure all ills. Teams need to play their way back into form.

You do that first and foremost by being solid at the back and making yourselves very hard to score against. I am confident we will do that on Saturday. You also do it by working extra hard when you haven't got the ball, making yourself very hard to play against. In attack you don't try anything too pretty, you just make sure you contest everything in the opposition box and it doesn't matter if you score one off Gerrard's backside as long as it's one more than them. Failing that, you make quadruple sure that at the very least you don't get beat. In short,you play in a very similar way to the way Man Utd approached the last four or five games they have had in the League. They started the campaign very poorly, and by their own admission they went back to basics and started to grind out some results. That's what we need to do now.

It's back to basics. I won't mention what the most number one basic of all is but I'll bet you can guess      :;):
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Forever_Red wrote:

u disagree?

dunno when i last saw passion.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:51 pm

Im not saying Xabi is a bad player im saying how many times have Liverpool played badly even when Xabi is in the team and he hasnt made any difference. I doubt he would have in the last few games either. The attitude is whats needed, the passion, not individuals.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Forever_Red wrote:

u disagree?

dunno when i last saw passion.

While we all have an interest in your sex life Dawson maybe we should just stick to football in here ?

:D
account deleted by request

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 pm

u disagree?

dunno when i last saw passion

I half agree that there was no passion but if we won 1:0 on this performance would the same thing be said?
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:56 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

really?

our midfield lacked the class Xabi brings. We were out of ideas. The ball didnt get to the wingers. Gerrard was man marked out of the game. Alonso would have definately made a difference and would have done so in the last few games aswell. FACT

True there was no passion there but Xabi Alonso is one of the most passionate players I've seen in a Liverpool shirt in recent seasons.

Passion was missing yes 100% but so was a ball player and i tend to agree with Adam, Alonso can put his foot on the ball calm things down and pick out them passes at least we could play through the midfield or out to the wings with a player who can pass a ball, instead we missing out the middle and just playing them long balls
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:56 pm

SO WHAT WE PLAYED BAD WE DESERVED TO LOSE

AM MADE UP WE LOST ITS AN EYE OPENER WE HAVNT PLAYED WELL SINCE B4 POMPY (APART FROM THE CARLING CUP GAME)

I DONT SEE WHY EVERY ONE IS ON RAFAS BACK, APART FROM LETO HE PLAYED A STRONG TEAM A TEAM ON PAPER THAT SHOULD OF :censored: IT

THERE WAS NO CLOESIN DOWN THE TEMPO WAS DIER NO ONE WAS UP FOR IT. THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED :censored:, THATS NOT RAFAS FAULT.

WERE NOT OUT OF EUROPE AND WERE CERTENLY NOT OUT OF THE LEAGUE (AND WERE PLAYIN :censored:) SO WHEN IT DOES CLICK WE WILL BE LAFFIN AND THINKIN THE SUN SHINES OUT OF RAFAS :censored:

THE MAN IS TOP DOG TRUST HIM AND WE CANT GO WRONG, WERE NOT A CLUB THATS SHOUTS FOR SOMEONES HEAD NEVER HAVE BEEN NEVER WILL BE EVEN WHEN HOULIER :censored: US UP WE STOOD BY HIM

SO IF RAFA WANTS TO ROTATE THEN LET HIM BE HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKIN ABOUT LOOK AT HIS CV[B]

ITS JUST A MINOR BLIP

IN RAFA WE TRUST
kopite_1232002

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

really?

Passion was missing yes 100% but so was a ball player and i tend to agree with Adam, Alonso can put his foot on the ball calm things down and pick out them passes at least we could play through the midfield or out to the wings with a player who can pass a ball, instead we missing out the middle and just playing them long balls

And Gerrard cannot do these things?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:59 pm

And the lack of humour on this forum.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion