Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:32 pm

Well I didn't see it and judging from the reaction I'm glad I was in bed :D Thing is though, we can't realistically expect Rafa to put the League ahead of all else, and then when he does criticize the selection. For my part, the league is everything this season and whether or not we progress beyond the group stages of this competition will seem irrelevent if we go into the last two games of the season with a realistic chance of winning the Premiership.

I must just say to people though that all this "Sissoko must never pull on the shirt again" stuff is childish nonsense. He along with the rest of the squad/team is way off form at the moment and no amount of stamping our feet and throwing hissy fits is going to make any difference. We just have to hope that collectively we can pull ourselves out of this tailspin before our main prize (the Premiership) is out of our reach.

The fact that the players apparently performed like strangers is hardly a huge surprise given the circumstances, but that's all I'll say on this particular matter. Somebody on another thread quite rightly complained about every thread being dominated by the "R" word, and as the main culprit I'm going to take this oppotunity to apologise to everyone for it. I'll do my best not to go on about it in future too much.

If we can beat Spurs on Saturday, life will not seem so bad.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:32 pm

Sean wrote:We've gone to pieces since Paco left.

This is such a valid point.....could this be it....

Although thesedays i am getting so frustrated with Crouch......he has no pace or strength what so ever....
Raj_Xedos

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:32 pm

The Sissoko and Gerrard central midfield partnership was a terrible choice, half the game was lost when we chose them 2 to play together.

There was tonnes of space through the middle and the defence was seriously exposed, neither of them know how to defend to a high enough quality.

Today was a tactical disaster on so many fronts I don’t even know where to begin, I cant even bring myself to point the finger at the players, Rafa is normally brilliant with tactics but today he got it plain wrong.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:The Sissoko and Gerrard central midfield partnership was a terrible choice, half the game was lost when we chose them 2 to play together.

There was tonnes of space through the middle and the defence was seriously exposed, neither of them know how to defend to a high enough quality.

Today was a tactical disaster on so many fronts I don’t even know where to begin, I cant even bring myself to point the finger at the players, Rafa is normally brilliant with tactics but today he got it plain wrong.

we should have play mascherano....
Raj_Xedos

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:The Sissoko and Gerrard central midfield partnership was a terrible choice, half the game was lost when we chose them 2 to play together.

Spot on CHL  :nod
account deleted by request

Postby bigxchris » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Jol is rubbing his hands together with a cheeky grin on his face.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:35 pm

what a load of :censored: performance! really bad! I hope dont keep this up! The main thing I realise is that we miss agger, a defender who can play the ball at his feet, im sick of watching our defenders loft the ball upfield and ending up with nothing

Sick as f.uck
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:35 pm

bigxchris wrote:Jol is rubbing his hands together with a cheeky grin on his face.

come on it aint THAT bad that spurs are looking forward to playing us!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:35 pm

sissoko was poor but everyone else was as well.  i want the league but i still wat a run in the cl.  going out early doors would be a disgrace. 

the way we play is not designed to score goals.  henry would struggle to score in our side.  if we had messi playing in the form he is right now rafa would still drop him every other game.
puroresu

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Raj_Xedos wrote:
Sean wrote:We've gone to pieces since Paco left.

This is such a valid point.....could this be it....

Although thesedays i am getting so frustrated with Crouch......he has no pace or strength what so ever....

In the scapegoats topic I put paco as mine ! turning out I was right ! PACOS FAULT !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:36 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bigxchris wrote:Jol is rubbing his hands together with a cheeky grin on his face.

come on it aint THAT bad that spurs are looking forward to playing us!!!

Im looking for an old fashion demolition of spurs at the weekend, i just hope Jol does think he might have the upper hand so we can walk all over them and bounce back from this :censored:.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 pm

well ive just back from the game and im :censored: fumin i have never in 30 years walked out of a game before the final whistle we were absolutly dire

Someone at Anfield has lost the plot. ok Marseille played well but against a team  in red that looked like they play in wally hall park on a sunday they would look good.

I was scratching my head for the first 20 minutes wondering which position sisoko was playing in.  He was running around like a headless chicken aned as far as passin and tackling absolute Garbage alls he needed to do was sit infront of the back 4 and let stevie do the ballwork most of the game it was gerrard deep in defence with sisoko over the half way line. There wasnt one player in a red shirt tonight who could put his foot on the ball and pick out a pass DISGRACEFUL.

What was RB thinking of playing Leto and yey maybe tonight it has proved the lad is way out of his depth he is defo not ready yet to play top flight football.

Crouch dont even get me started because this post will be just full of bleeps him and Torres should never play together again

I say this absulutly :censored: angry them players on that pitch tonight were not fit enough to wear the red shirt they wernt liverpool tonight they were absolutly :censored:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:40 pm

Oh get back to watching Bully.
They play away in Europe tommorrow.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:41 pm

bigmick wrote:Well I didn't see it and judging from the reaction I'm glad I was in bed :D Thing is though, we can't realistically expect Rafa to put the League ahead of all else, and then when he does criticize the selection. For my part, the league is everything this season and whether or not we progress beyond the group stages of this competition will seem irrelevent if we go into the last two games of the season with a realistic chance of winning the Premiership.

I must just say to people though that all this "Sissoko must never pull on the shirt again" stuff is childish nonsense. He along with the rest of the squad/team is way off form at the moment and no amount of stamping our feet and throwing hissy fits is going to make any difference. We just have to hope that collectively we can pull ourselves out of this tailspin before our main prize (the Premiership) is out of our reach.

The fact that the players apparently performed like strangers is hardly a huge surprise given the circumstances, but that's all I'll say on this particular matter. Somebody on another thread quite rightly complained about every thread being dominated by the "R" word, and as the main culprit I'm going to take this oppotunity to apologise to everyone for it. I'll do my best not to go on about it in future too much.

If we can beat Spurs on Saturday, life will not seem so bad.

I think you would get a few extra members of the Anti-R' club tonight Mick.
account deleted by request

Postby rish » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:41 pm

Reina - Saved us from embarrassment.
Finnan - Hot and cold.
Carragher - Good defender, HORRIBLE at going forward, just don't pass to him.
Hyypia - Did his job.
Aurelio - What was that? Didn't seem fit at all.
Benayoun - Poor, wasn't composed at all.
Gerrard - Only came to life in the last 5 minutes.
Sissoko - Perhaps it's best I don't say anything.
Leto - Not fit to wear the red shirt.
Crouch - Awful, has been the majority of the season. Sell him.
Torres - Wasn't good at all.

Subs:
Riise - Actually helped our left side a bit.
Voronin - Lots of passion, did well.
Kuyt - Same as above, should have played instead of Crouch.

WE MISSING XABI BADLY   :(
rish

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion