Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:02 am

LFC2007 wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:Winning a European Cup does put the club on the map more than winning the domestic league.

The European Cup final is broadcasted to most countries in the world, where as the Premier League isn't.

With that being said, every Liverpool fan wants the League title more than the European Cup now.

Because we would all hate it if United got closer or god forbid over take us in that department.

Two points:

1) The qualification system, up until the re-branding of the competition in 1992, required that you win your domestic league in order to enter the competition. Our league success spawned our European success, the foundation for our worldwide recognition was therefore our league/domestic success.

2) In the short term winning the UCL may be more enterprising and more glamorous, however ,winning the league and consistently challenging in the league is a long term strategy that ensures worldwide recognition. The two are related, but the foundation for success always remains in the league (for us).

agreed 100%...  :nod
ConnO'var

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:33 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:Well all I say is that From what i saw which was only 15 mins as I had to attend a bloody meeting!! :angry:  Was that we seemed to have lost the plot totally! Something to me seems very wrong there and I am only guessing but do you think it may have something to do with Paco leaving the club? It just appears that since he's gone so has alot of the players confidence?
I know teams have off days but the last 34 have been dire to say the least!
I'm baffled and not very happy at all with our recent performances.

YNWA!

PS, hi guys been away for a while......................................did you miss me? :D

I missed you ! at least I think I did, you sound like someone id miss.....

And as for paco, said earlier, hes my scapegoat for the season so yeah his fault !

I know we were missing Torres, Agger & Alonso badly but things do seem for whatever reason to have gone tits up since Paco left the club. maybe just coincidence?
KOPMATT

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Truth is Liverpool lost because we were rubbish. The players out there tonight are on massive wages and all thats asked of them is to earn it, none of them did, well maybe reina, poor performance. You cant blame the manager for the attitudes of the players on the day.

I agree so a point but then Rafa is the gaffer and it's his job to motivate the players but what more motivation do you need than playing in the Champions League? Our history as a club in this competition speaks for itself. So why their attitudes for the game are not right is totally beyond me?   ???
KOPMATT

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:42 pm

Put this in the latest match thread eh ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion