Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby josip84 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:36 pm

Bamaga man wrote:We'll get through the KO stages of CL, its you who should be watching over your shoulder, so dont count all your chickens before they've hatched, as you've only just one your first away game of the CL since 1999 I believe, yes to a poor Liverpool side, we'll give you that. 
Au revoir

In my most recent posts, I never mentioned Marseille. Why do you?

I totally agree with you about the chickens and the hatching. My advice : in your CL group this season, it's about time you started hatching.
josip84

Postby josip84 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Sabre wrote:Winning the CL is great, and indirectly also helps to win the league, because it gives you reputation in Europe and thus, the best players around want to join you.

Good point.

But I'm afraid you're wrong in thinking that the priority of a club is to make their fans happy.
In our contemporary capitalistic world of football, the priority of a club is to make money, like it or not.
josip84

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:44 pm

josip84 wrote:
Sabre wrote:Winning the CL is great, and indirectly also helps to win the league, because it gives you reputation in Europe and thus, the best players around want to join you.

Good point.

But I'm afraid you're wrong in thinking that the priority of a club is to make their fans happy.
In our contemporary capitalistic world of football, the priority of a club is to make money, like it or not.

We have rivals in Europe, but we don't play them week in and week out.

United may not be our direct rivals in Europe, but they are in the league.

That's the point. It's not like we're Milan who haven't gone without winning the league for 4 seasons and are making it up with European Cup finals.

We haven't won it in almost 20 years.

We need to win it for the sake of the club.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:46 pm

josip84 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:We'll get through the KO stages of CL, its you who should be watching over your shoulder, so dont count all your chickens before they've hatched, as you've only just one your first away game of the CL since 1999 I believe, yes to a poor Liverpool side, we'll give you that. 
Au revoir

I totally agree with you about the chickens and the hatching. My advice : in your CL group this season, it's about time you started hatching.

Well you support Marseille dont you ?

We dont need advice from you, who do you think you are ..... Oh thats right your French, says it all. So Please dont worry about us.

But be sure to hang around once we've beaten you in France, I'm pretty sure all your cockyness will disapear, and better still you do !
66-1112520797

Postby josip84 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:55 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
josip84 wrote:
Au revoir

We dont need advice from you, who do you think you are ..... Oh thats right your French, says it all. So Please dont worry about us.

But be sure to hang around once we've beaten you in France, I'm pretty sure all your cockyness will disapear, and better still you do !

Why don't you let the grown ups have a sensible discussion?
Does your Mum know you're here?
:D
josip84

Postby Wilhelmsson » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:01 pm

What’s people’s problem here? Leave the lad alone if he posts opinions you don’t like or share then discuss matters with him without abusive behaviour. I have enjoyed reading a set of views from someone who is on the outside looking in, instead of reading the usual opinions of Liverpool supporters.

You carry on posting and congratulations on your win; we’ll get you next time.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:04 pm

josip84 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
josip84 wrote:
Au revoir

Why don't you let the grown ups have a sensible discussion?
Does your Mum know you're here?
:D

Funny.
66-1112520797

Postby josip84 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:What’s people’s problem here? Leave the lad alone if he posts opinions you don’t like or share then discuss matters with him without abusive behaviour. I have enjoyed reading a set of views from someone who is on the outside looking in, instead of reading the usual opinions of Liverpool supporters.

You carry on posting and congratulations on your win; we’ll get you next time.

Thanks a lot.
A forum allows people to exchange different views, doesnt'it? I must admit that a few forumers (who took the time to read my posts) raised interesting points that could influence my opinions.

As for the rest, those for example who think that my being French says it all, my only possible reaction is to flush the toilet. 

P.S. All Marseille fans know that getting a good result against LFC in December at home will be very hard work. You can't imagine how much LFC is respected in Marseille.
josip84

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:29 pm

Amen to all of this.
Mods ? Do your stuff......
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Wilhelmsson » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:30 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Amen to all of this.

They already do enough, closing threads every five minutes instead of deleting abusive threads and sending warnings to those adults who cannot control themselves on an Internet forum.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Smeg » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:50 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:Winning a European Cup does put the club on the map more than winning the domestic league.

The European Cup final is broadcasted to most countries in the world, where as the Premier League isn't.

With that being said, every Liverpool fan wants the League title more than the European Cup now.

Because we would all hate it if United got closer or god forbid over take us in that department.

Two points:

1) The qualification system, up until the re-branding of the competition in 1992, required that you win your domestic league in order to enter the competition. Our league success spawned our European success, the foundation for our worldwide recognition was therefore our league/domestic success.

2) In the short term winning the UCL may be more enterprising and more glamorous, however ,winning the league and consistently challenging in the league is a long term strategy that ensures worldwide recognition. The two are related, but the foundation for success always remains in the league (for us).

1992 or 1993?
Smeg

Postby Smeg » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:56 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Amen to all of this.

They already do enough, closing threads every five minutes instead of deleting abusive threads and sending warnings to those adults who cannot control themselves on an Internet forum.

Stop bloody cryin an mind your own business. Its people like you who bring the forum down...

He called me a *insert word* I want him banned/warned/castrated.

Boo figging hoo. Sometimes people get heated in debate about things they care about. Deal with it and stop acting like a school boy who's just been called "gay". Grow up and take it on the chin.

:no
Smeg

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:56 pm

Smeg wrote:1992 or 1993?

1992/1993
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:28 pm

I thought he handled his discussion very well despite a little provocation to turn it into a petty name calling squabble. Makes a refreshing change from some of the other fans of other teams we get on here, more recently the Turks who all seemed to either work in a scarf or knife shop.

He at least had the sense to wait, and didn't come on here straight away when emotions were running a little high.

As for the match it is hard to take when you are out played by a so called smaller team, it hurts even more when it happens in your own back yard but it happened, IMO apart from Leto Rafa put out a team that should have won the game the fact they didn't is more down to the players than the "R" word. It is the only game we have lost this season and hopefully it will remain that way.

Now the wake up call is out of the way I am looking forward to the Spurs game and a positive reaction from the players.
destro

Postby RedBlood » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:17 am

here, here :cool: :laugh: :p
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion