Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:48 pm

Ive been a red for 40 years and do yer know what its only the last couple of seasons that i have heard disgruntled fans saying  champions league or premiership which one is priority .

As far as im concerned every compertition that we are in should be priority we should be trying to win everything . Ok maybe in this day and age its more about finance but as far as im concerned when you pull that liverpool shirt on every compertition is the same you should be going out to win  Maybe im living in the past i dont know
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:50 pm

Ace Ventura comments:

LANDO : And as for this "affects fluidity" - affects it from what? Our best result of the season came off the back of 5 changes to the line-up.

Whats the best performance of the season ? Are we talking about the rout of Derby ? One game if thats the case, where whatever side we would have put out we more than likely would have won comfortably, but ok we did play with fluency i'll give you that, but thats ONE game, what about the way we are playing in the others, disjointed like strangers at times, short on ideas and players that dont look happy.

Ace, no one can deny we were very poor yesterday. No one can deny we were poor against Birmingham. But I cannot say we played as strangers against Wigan, Chelsea, or Villa.

Bigmick asks whether it doesn't affect nothing to change players. It does. But when Barcelona goes to Stuttgart, and makes changes playing OLEGUER (who's cráp) and changing midfield, they still win 0-2. Why? because they are vastly superior to Stuttgart. It affects? yes, but if you're still much better and you do what you train, then you can expect to win.

Even if you're affected at some extent by changes, you have to be totally superior to Birmingham at home, if you see what I mean. And the point of resting Mascherano is just that, that he's been playing a lot of games in a row, some of them in midweek and he wants him 100% for Tottenham. And fact is, that if we had performed well against Birmingham and beat them, we wouldn't have talked about rotation that much. Why we talked? Because the players didn't perform like Barcelona or Madrid's rotations, when they should have done that.

He could play against Marseille? yes he could. He should? well, that's the debate, but if you think that after the last spell of games in which we haven't used ALonso and we have used Mascherano quite much, then playing him aswell against Marseille, COULD mean that he won't be 100% against Tottenham.

You can agree that or disagree, but that's the logic I think it pursues. Right or Wrong, as I said, we'll talk at the end of this season.

It's quite simple to understand the logic of antirotationists aswell, in fact, some of the things you say are football laws. Football laws that applies when a player plays from sunday to sunday, not sunday-wed-sunday. Mascherano will play against Tottenham with 1 week of training and rest, the traditional way. Playing him against Marseilla would affect him on Sunday, that cannot be argued I think, so rotation is not the only thing that affects somewhat in the performance of players...

Why not rest Gerrard? More speculation, but I think he needed this games to recover his best, and in fact, he's getting better

Oh no. The r word again, sorry!

:)
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:24 pm

If Lando was a scouser I might listen to his drivel

Surely any Liverppol fan from outside Liverpool is a band wagon supporter
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:31 pm

Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere but I just read that Raffa has made 62 changes in 12 games this season and used 34 substitutes.
Apart from the one Carling Cup selection The Mancs have made 12 changes in 8 games. Something just doesn't add up.
Last edited by JohnBull on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:14 pm

I dont think it should be called rotation. I think it should be called Rafas Theory, as in hes determined to prove himself right !

The performance against marseille wasnt down to rotation (sorry I mean Rafas Theory)  in my opinion it was just down to poor performances from all of the 10 outfield players.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:17 pm

(Edited, wrong thread)
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverGool » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:18 pm

A game to forget :(  , that wasnt the reds that i know
You Will Never Walk Alone
LiverGool

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:06 am

Effes wrote:If Lando was a scouser I might listen to his drivel

Surely any Liverppol fan from outside Liverpool is a band wagon supporter

so why not stop bothering about merchandising liverpool as a global force then? stop all the marketing, selling, tours, etc. just stick it in merseyside where you supposedly have the ''true blood'' supporters. maybe u watch too much harry potter and ur a huge fan of Voldemort huh? please define ''band-wagon''. and why is it that anyone outside liverpool who supports liverpool are band wagon supporters.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Red @ Heart » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:24 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Red wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:One of the comedy pieces from a few posters on here I fail to understand is this pathetic notion that a bunch of players who train with one another every single day can then be "unfamiliar" with their teammates in a competitive game. It's quite baffling, really. I mean - do the dullards who spout this tripe not understand the entire concept of training and practice matches? How about patterns of play?

The players play football together every f*cking day, and yet some mindless bells believe they don't have chance to "gel". Righto.

I suppose the players turn up at Anfield at 2.55pm, play the game with these strangers, then f*ck off home at 5pm, only returning to the company of their teammates 5 minutes before the next match? Melwood's just a facade, full of life-size cardboard cut-outs of the players? Rafa sits on his a*se all week, contemplating how best to annoy the "long suffering" little munchkin fans.

You're a deluded bunch, really, aren't you? :no

what a load of shyte, Its clearly rotation, and your a bell end for thinking otherwise, how can nearly an entire nation and very good football pundits see that the rotation policy at anfield is not the way forward, but yet you and a few others seem to thinks its not rotation, but i forgot cos you say the rotation isnt to blame then surely its not,, get to f@ck,,, i stand by the fact that rotation aint working and allways will, like dawson said they may train together and such but when your out on the field of play its a different kettle of fish.

ROTATION STINKS. AND PEOPLE ARE LAUGHING AT US!!

You're a bit of a pr*ck really, aren't you?

Typical brainwashed numbskull stuck too far in the past.

Good luck on designing the wheel, caveman.  :laugh:

P.S. If these so-called "very good football pundits" are actually "very good", why then are they not in football management?

Answers on a postcard, (or in your case, a couple of scratches on the wall, you f*cking trogolodyte).

its clear to me you cant take crititism very well, and you have to reply with a 5 year olds words,,,

i think your the PR1CK here,,, if noone agrees with you then you throw your dummy outta pram,

so it seems to me that your happy with everything that going on at liverpool at the moment, IE rafas rotation, rafa upsetting the players by leaving them out when its clear that mash can do a better job than leto, lmao get real you idiot.

swallow your idiotic pride and admit the rotation is as w@nk as you are :O
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:29 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Because all the mard-a*ses want the league, so the bloke has to push the biggest competition in club football firmly into second place, otherwise the strategically-shaved chimps who call themselves Liverpool fans will throw up in arms and cry like cissy-girls.

THAT's why Sissoko wasn't replaced. He wanted to keep Mascher fresh to face the mighty Tottenham.

And as for this "affects fluidity" - affects it from what? Our best result of the season came off the back of 5 changes to the line-up.

As Liverpool fans, a sizable minority (and that's what all the whining c*nts are - a f*cking MINORITY) need to do one of 3 things:

1. Shut the f*ck up and actually see things as they are, rather than reading the S*n and regurgitating the cr*p they spout on here,

2. Jump off our bandwagon and support whoever is playing the best.

3. Jump off a cliff.

Simple, really.

The bunch of ungreatful inbred sheep b*stards.

Sometimes i read some rubbish on here and that post is one of them.
Lets take the first part of the post....not sure how to quote different parts, must be because i am a chimp.

LANDO :Because all the mard-a*ses want the league, so the bloke has to push the biggest competition in club football firmly into second place, otherwise the strategically-shaved chimps who call themselves Liverpool fans will throw up in arms and cry like cissy-girls.

So what your trying to tell us is that our manager is listening to the utterances of a minority of fans now ? Thats the reason for Sissoko staying on the pitch for the full game when it was quite clear he was only going to get worse ? He was resting Mascherano for Spurs, well why wouldnt he be resting the other big name..or star players if thats the case ?

The next part........

LANDO : And as for this "affects fluidity" - affects it from what? Our best result of the season came off the back of 5 changes to the line-up.

Whats the best performance of the season ? Are we talking about the rout of Derby ? One game if thats the case, where whatever side we would have put out we more than likely would have won comfortably, but ok we did play with fluency i'll give you that, but thats ONE game, what about the way we are playing in the others, disjointed like strangers at times, short on ideas and players that dont look happy.

Next.....

LANDO : As Liverpool fans, a sizable minority (and that's what all the whining c*nts are - a f*cking MINORITY) need to do one of 3 things:

Not being funny but how the feck would you have a clue if its a minority that are unhappy ? You live where ? Nottingham or somewhere (by the way in no way am i making any jibe at OOTERS, just wondering how many LFC fans Lando gets to see or speak to in a different City) The fact that there were boos on a european night shows that obviously fans are unhappy (by the way booing helps nobody, that needs packing in)

Next..........

LANDO : 1. Shut the f*ck up and actually see things as they are, rather than reading the S*n and regurgitating the cr*p they spout on here,

Coming from someone who refuses to see anything any other way, thats a bit rich. And to be honest the comment about reading that paper is a pathetic cheap jibe to try and score points off fans, and you should think before you post sh!te like that. The fact that someone disagrees with you doesnt mean they get there opinion from a paper that all Liverpool supporters refuse to read.
You could be right...then again you might not, why you resort to the sh!te you post with all the insults to try and get your point accross is beyond me though.

Last one.....

LANDO : 2. Jump off our bandwagon and support whoever is playing the best

We do have loads of bandwagon supporters who will be whinging about recent results, fans that may support another club next season, but we also have an awful lot of fans that are getting a little worried that our manager is making the same mistakes as in previous seasons, we are still behind him, but have the right to call it if we think he is making mistakes.

ACE, that was f@cking ACE, post,,,,
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:46 am

"rafa upsetting the players by leaving them out when its clear that mash can do a better job than leto, lmao get real you idiot."

1. I'm interested to how is it that you know that players are upset leaving them out? It's a well known fact that Benitez uses a rotation system, this was pointed out to the players when we signed them and those who were there before Benitez arrived.

2. What does Mascherano have to do with Sebastian Leto? Mascherano is a holding midfielder, Leto is a winger. I fail to see what the correspondence between the two is.

Mascherano has been poor since he's come back from the International break.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Red @ Heart » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:10 am

AB's Red Army wrote:"rafa upsetting the players by leaving them out when its clear that mash can do a better job than leto, lmao get real you idiot."

1. I'm interested to how is it that you know that players are upset leaving them out? It's a well known fact that Benitez uses a rotation system, this was pointed out to the players when we signed them and those who were there before Benitez arrived.

2. What does Mascherano have to do with Sebastian Leto? Mascherano is a holding midfielder, Leto is a winger. I fail to see what the correspondence between the two is.

Mascherano has been poor since he's come back from the International break.

In a post mentioned earlier someone said somthing about Attitude with the players, Ok upsetting the players maybe the wrong word to use, but how do you know there not upset? using mash and leto was just an example ffs,,, stop splitting hairs.
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Keris » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:36 am

Marseille is no better than the blue bitter, they were lucky to have caught us on a bad day. We are far-far-far better than this.

P.S. I fookin hate 'new manager' syndrome.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby josip84 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:49 am

Keris wrote:Marseille is no better than the blue bitter, they were lucky to have caught us on a bad day. We are far-far-far better than this.

Perhaps you can be better than this. But you weren't.

It is about time some LFC fans realised there's a difference between virtual things and actual things, between things that could be and things that are, between hopes and facts.

The fact is : LFC 0  - OM 1
Another fact is : OM 6 points, LFC 1 point.
josip84

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:57 am

I know there's a time difference and your lot are probably in bed sleeping off last nights red wine, but must we endure your insertions for every day until we meet again? We know what the score is mate, we know that Marseilles deserved to win, and we know you've won your first two matches. Equally however, you know that if both teams played to the maximum of their potential Liverpool would win (or at least I'm assuming you know that).

Now everybody has been very gracious, sportsmanlike and all that, but this is a Liverpool forum where people come on to talk about Liverpool. It won't be long before somebody gets p1ssed off with your interjections, and that someone might just be me if you carry on. Either offer an opinion on Liverpool without reference to yours, or click over to your own forum and talk about Marseilles there, because without being rude I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in Marseilles football club, they might as well be lying fourteenth in the French league for all I care.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion