Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:07 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Because all the mard-a*ses want the league,

Lando dont you think its about time we atleast try to win it?
Arnt you fed up finishing 20 odd points off the leaders? Or more.
We finished 20 odd points behind Man U last season they won the title and also nearly made it to the final.
There was a gulf in class between us and them they are playing sh.ite so far this season but they are getting the rub of the green to go with it 1-0 wins.

The moneys handy in the CL but you get 50 million for the prem which is 20 million more than the CL.

A club of Liverpools prestige should be winning it or at least try to.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Ciggy wrote:The moneys handy in the CL but you get 50 million for the prem which is 20 million more than the CL.

Can't see where you get that figure from?
LFC2007

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:The moneys handy in the CL but you get 50 million for the prem which is 20 million more than the CL.

Can't see where you get that figure from?

The new TV money, Man U got 50 million for winning the prem last season.
I think we gt 20 million for finishing 3rd.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:12 pm

It still rumbles on and on, and the battle lines are drawn deeper than ever. Just to return briefly to the notion that you can change the team by three four and five players and not have an effect on fluency.

I made the point on another thread that if you didn't change the team at all but swapped around the fullbacks, or exchanged the wingers we'd all accept surely that this would have a fairly big impact on the way the team was playing. Even more subtle adjustments, asking the holding midfielder to sit ten yards further up or tucking the wide midfielder in has a huge effect. If we pick Sami then I would think most would accept it will have an effect on the way we defend (not necessarily detremental, that's not my point) and similarly if Crouch starts up top then most poeple seem to be of the opinion that it fundementally alters the way we attack. Funnily enough most of the people who are "pro's" on the rotation question would also claim (possibly correctly based on current evidence) that Alonso is intrinsic to our success and if he's not there, the whole team pattern is altered.

And yet, this is where forgive me but I'm absolutely baffled as to the logic of it all, we can make three, four, five, and sometimes even six changes to the team in nearly every game and it has no effect on the fluency of the team? What no effect whatsoever? Zip? Because the players train together during the week (and believe me they don't do too much when there are three games a week like there are at the moment) this means that we can stick out any combo you care to mention and expect them to gel, to produce flowing football? I just don't buy it I'm sorry but it makes no sense to me at all.

People keep saying that Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho rotate, and they do. But to what extent, do they make as many changes, as often as we have this season? Where is Paul Tomkins and his stats?

I ask again. Is it really the case that Toshack and Keegan never had an understanding, an appreciation of where each other were, a telepathic range finder when they scored all those goals? Did Dalglish not just look like he had eyes in the back of his head when he played Rush in without looking, did he actually have them? Did Souness and Terry Mac not instinctively know how to ghold in stay in perfect unision, or Hansen and Lawrenson read each other as well as the play? Was it all the result of playing between the cones, or patterns of play? Did they not build up an understanding over many games playing together. Do those managers who talk about strikers "buiding a partnership" delude themselves, can you just stick any two strikers together and they'll instantly hit it off?

Jeez football has really changed over the last three years I can tell you that. We are either in the midst of a revolution which is going to change the way football is looked at, and consign the accepted wisdom of the last 100 years as well as those who proport to believe in it, have played the game, have managed clubs and currently manage clubs very successfully into the garbage bin, or then again Rafa might concieveably be wrong. It's an interesting one.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:13 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Because all the mard-a*ses want the league, so the bloke has to push the biggest competition in club football firmly into second place, otherwise the strategically-shaved chimps who call themselves Liverpool fans will throw up in arms and cry like cissy-girls.

THAT's why Sissoko wasn't replaced. He wanted to keep Mascher fresh to face the mighty Tottenham.

And as for this "affects fluidity" - affects it from what? Our best result of the season came off the back of 5 changes to the line-up.

As Liverpool fans, a sizable minority (and that's what all the whining c*nts are - a f*cking MINORITY) need to do one of 3 things:

1. Shut the f*ck up and actually see things as they are, rather than reading the S*n and regurgitating the cr*p they spout on here,

2. Jump off our bandwagon and support whoever is playing the best.

3. Jump off a cliff.

Simple, really.

The bunch of ungreatful inbred sheep b*stards.

Sometimes i read some rubbish on here and that post is one of them.
Lets take the first part of the post....not sure how to quote different parts, must be because i am a chimp.

LANDO :Because all the mard-a*ses want the league, so the bloke has to push the biggest competition in club football firmly into second place, otherwise the strategically-shaved chimps who call themselves Liverpool fans will throw up in arms and cry like cissy-girls.

So what your trying to tell us is that our manager is listening to the utterances of a minority of fans now ? Thats the reason for Sissoko staying on the pitch for the full game when it was quite clear he was only going to get worse ? He was resting Mascherano for Spurs, well why wouldnt he be resting the other big name..or star players if thats the case ?

The next part........

LANDO : And as for this "affects fluidity" - affects it from what? Our best result of the season came off the back of 5 changes to the line-up.

Whats the best performance of the season ? Are we talking about the rout of Derby ? One game if thats the case, where whatever side we would have put out we more than likely would have won comfortably, but ok we did play with fluency i'll give you that, but thats ONE game, what about the way we are playing in the others, disjointed like strangers at times, short on ideas and players that dont look happy.

Next.....

LANDO : As Liverpool fans, a sizable minority (and that's what all the whining c*nts are - a f*cking MINORITY) need to do one of 3 things:

Not being funny but how the feck would you have a clue if its a minority that are unhappy ? You live where ? Nottingham or somewhere (by the way in no way am i making any jibe at OOTERS, just wondering how many LFC fans Lando gets to see or speak to in a different City) The fact that there were boos on a european night shows that obviously fans are unhappy (by the way booing helps nobody, that needs packing in)

Next..........

LANDO : 1. Shut the f*ck up and actually see things as they are, rather than reading the S*n and regurgitating the cr*p they spout on here,

Coming from someone who refuses to see anything any other way, thats a bit rich. And to be honest the comment about reading that paper is a pathetic cheap jibe to try and score points off fans, and you should think before you post sh!te like that. The fact that someone disagrees with you doesnt mean they get there opinion from a paper that all Liverpool supporters refuse to read.
You could be right...then again you might not, why you resort to the sh!te you post with all the insults to try and get your point accross is beyond me though.

Last one.....

LANDO : 2. Jump off our bandwagon and support whoever is playing the best

We do have loads of bandwagon supporters who will be whinging about recent results, fans that may support another club next season, but we also have an awful lot of fans that are getting a little worried that our manager is making the same mistakes as in previous seasons, we are still behind him, but have the right to call it if we think he is making mistakes.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14 pm

I think TV money is pretty equal, especially amongst the top 4. Prize money for winning the premiership is something like £10m? I think. I don't think there is a massive difference, the UCL probably generates just as much if not more revenue than winning the EPL, in the short term at least.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:....not sure how to quote different parts, must be because i am a chimp.

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I think TV money is pretty equal, especially amongst the top 4. Prize money for winning the premiership is something like £10m? I think. I don't think there is a massive difference, the UCL probably generates just as much if not more revenue than winning the EPL, in the short term at least.

This article is from May:

Sorry that its off topic Modo's.

ENGLAND'S top four clubs in the Premier League are in a financial league of their own and earned at least £14million more than fifth-placed Tottenham from television cash and prize money in the 2006-07 season.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal all cashed in on making it to the knockout rounds of the UEFA Champions League.

And even with £2.2billion flooding into the Premier League from a new television deal, which will mean every club in the top flight benefiting by at least an extra £12m, the Champions League will still separate the 'have-lots' from the 'have-less'.

Tom Cannon, dean of Buckingham University Business School and an expertinsport business, said: "The percentage difference might reduce because there's so much money going into the Premier League but the absolute difference won't reduce - infact it might increase."

He added: "A reasonable run in the Champions League is worth about £30m and a comparable run in the UEFA Cup run is probably worth £5m."

The Glazer family, United's American owners, will be delighted to see the club re-establish themselves as top of the money league with a total of £62.92m - and that figure does not include gate money from Old Trafford, merchandise sales or income from club sponsorship deals.

Chelsea also broke the £60m markwhile Liverpool's run to the Champions League final will see them bring in at least £54.7m - with a further £2m should they beat AC Milan in next week's final in Athens.

Arsenal's failure to reach the quarter-finals of Europe's top club competition cost them several millions - but their total figure of £44.14m was still £14m more than north London rivals Spurs, who had a total of £30.55m and with UEFA Cup earnings more than £11m less than the Gunners' from Europe.

Relegated Watford were the Premier League's lowest earners, bringing in £17.98m.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:23 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Because all the mard-a*ses want the league, so the bloke has to push the biggest competition in club football firmly into second place, otherwise the strategically-shaved chimps who call themselves Liverpool fans will throw up in arms and cry like cissy-girls.

THAT's why Sissoko wasn't replaced. He wanted to keep Mascher fresh to face the mighty Tottenham.

And as for this "affects fluidity" - affects it from what? Our best result of the season came off the back of 5 changes to the line-up.

As Liverpool fans, a sizable minority (and that's what all the whining c*nts are - a f*cking MINORITY) need to do one of 3 things:

1. Shut the f*ck up and actually see things as they are, rather than reading the S*n and regurgitating the cr*p they spout on here,

2. Jump off our bandwagon and support whoever is playing the best.

3. Jump off a cliff.

Simple, really.

The bunch of ungreatful inbred sheep b*stards.

Sometimes i read some rubbish on here and that post is one of them.
Lets take the first part of the post....not sure how to quote different parts, must be because i am a chimp.

LANDO :Because all the mard-a*ses want the league, so the bloke has to push the biggest competition in club football firmly into second place, otherwise the strategically-shaved chimps who call themselves Liverpool fans will throw up in arms and cry like cissy-girls.

So what your trying to tell us is that our manager is listening to the utterances of a minority of fans now ? Thats the reason for Sissoko staying on the pitch for the full game when it was quite clear he was only going to get worse ? He was resting Mascherano for Spurs, well why wouldnt he be resting the other big name..or star players if thats the case ?

The next part........

LANDO : And as for this "affects fluidity" - affects it from what? Our best result of the season came off the back of 5 changes to the line-up.

Whats the best performance of the season ? Are we talking about the rout of Derby ? One game if thats the case, where whatever side we would have put out we more than likely would have won comfortably, but ok we did play with fluency i'll give you that, but thats ONE game, what about the way we are playing in the others, disjointed like strangers at times, short on ideas and players that dont look happy.

Next.....

LANDO : As Liverpool fans, a sizable minority (and that's what all the whining c*nts are - a f*cking MINORITY) need to do one of 3 things:

Not being funny but how the feck would you have a clue if its a minority that are unhappy ? You live where ? Nottingham or somewhere (by the way in no way am i making any jibe at OOTERS, just wondering how many LFC fans Lando gets to see or speak to in a different City) The fact that there were boos on a european night shows that obviously fans are unhappy (by the way booing helps nobody, that needs packing in)

Next..........

LANDO : 1. Shut the f*ck up and actually see things as they are, rather than reading the S*n and regurgitating the cr*p they spout on here,

Coming from someone who refuses to see anything any other way, thats a bit rich. And to be honest the comment about reading that paper is a pathetic cheap jibe to try and score points off fans, and you should think before you post sh!te like that. The fact that someone disagrees with you doesnt mean they get there opinion from a paper that all Liverpool supporters refuse to read.
You could be right...then again you might not, why you resort to the sh!te you post with all the insults to try and get your point accross is beyond me though.

Last one.....

LANDO : 2. Jump off our bandwagon and support whoever is playing the best

We do have loads of bandwagon supporters who will be whinging about recent results, fans that may support another club next season, but we also have an awful lot of fans that are getting a little worried that our manager is making the same mistakes as in previous seasons, we are still behind him, but have the right to call it if we think he is making mistakes.

Excellent post.  :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I think TV money is pretty equal, especially amongst the top 4. Prize money for winning the premiership is something like £10m? I think. I don't think there is a massive difference, the UCL probably generates just as much if not more revenue than winning the EPL, in the short term at least.

This article is from May:

Sorry that its off topic Modo's.

ENGLAND'S top four clubs in the Premier League are in a financial league of their own and earned at least £14million more than fifth-placed Tottenham from television cash and prize money in the 2006-07 season.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and to a lesser extent Arsenal all cashed in on making it to the knockout rounds of the UEFA Champions League.

And even with £2.2billion flooding into the Premier League from a new television deal, which will mean every club in the top flight benefiting by at least an extra £12m, the Champions League will still separate the 'have-lots' from the 'have-less'.

Tom Cannon, dean of Buckingham University Business School and an expertinsport business, said: "The percentage difference might reduce because there's so much money going into the Premier League but the absolute difference won't reduce - infact it might increase."

He added: "A reasonable run in the Champions League is worth about £30m and a comparable run in the UEFA Cup run is probably worth £5m."

The Glazer family, United's American owners, will be delighted to see the club re-establish themselves as top of the money league with a total of £62.92m - and that figure does not include gate money from Old Trafford, merchandise sales or income from club sponsorship deals.

Chelsea also broke the £60m markwhile Liverpool's run to the Champions League final will see them bring in at least £54.7m - with a further £2m should they beat AC Milan in next week's final in Athens.

Arsenal's failure to reach the quarter-finals of Europe's top club competition cost them several millions - but their total figure of £44.14m was still £14m more than north London rivals Spurs, who had a total of £30.55m and with UEFA Cup earnings more than £11m less than the Gunners' from Europe.

Relegated Watford were the Premier League's lowest earners, bringing in £17.98m.

Which is my point, the difference between revenue earned in the EPL between the top four isn't £30m (from TV revenue and prize money alone), and it's not significantly more than TV revenue/Prize money earned from the UCL.
LFC2007

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 pm

Also from May 2005.

Prem    Europe Cups Total (Last year)
Chelsea         31.6    18.3    0.9    50.8    (53.7)
Arsenal          31.6    15.0    2.1    48.7     (56.6)
Liverpool        28.9    18.2+  0.3    47.4    (32.1)
Man Utd         31.7    10.1   2.6    44.4     (56.4)
Everton          27.7    n/a     0.6    28.3    (19.1)

Anyway back to topic :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:32 pm

I win  :D
LFC2007

Postby Wilhelmsson » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:34 pm

How anyone can show an ounce of optimism from last night’s performance is beyond my realms of thinking, there is no excuses or defence for Rafa or the players. I’m useless upbeat, but this loss left me deflated to the core. I even resorted to Guinness and I cannot stand stout.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Graeme Noble » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:36 pm

It's important that we progress to the knock-out stages of the Champions League for many reasons, and the financial reason is another good reason, we need to keep up with Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.
If we get knocked out into the UEFA Cup, that will be :censored:
Graeme Noble

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:so the bloke has to push the biggest competition in club football firmly into second place,

He also said it was the worst Liverpool performance he had seen since he has arrived.

It was the worst Liverpool have played in Europe for 40 years.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion