Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:19 am

were there boos during the match? i think rafa deserves it if there were. he and his bullcrap rotation sh!t. fecking sutbborn. but who cares. its just the ECL. if its the BPL i'd be p!ssed. but this is a competition we have been conquering alot. oh well, not like i watched the match. didnt bother. i know how AB feels.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby AB's Red Army » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:34 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:were there boos during the match? i think rafa deserves it if there were. he and his bullcrap rotation sh!t. fecking sutbborn. but who cares. its just the ECL. if its the BPL i'd be p!ssed. but this is a competition we have been conquering alot. oh well, not like i watched the match. didnt bother. i know how AB feels.

Rafa can be blamed, but he's not entirely at fault here.

Our best players have been under performing for the last five games.

This is the worst run of games we've had since the notorious down hill slope we had against Boro and onwards in 2002.

It's not as if rotation has just been implemented this year. We've had some fantastic runs two seasons ago with the very system.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:43 am

ah well i managed to get a couple of hours sleep and i am now in work with a clearer head, and i am sad to say it was still sh*te

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:45 am

AB's Red Army wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:were there boos during the match? i think rafa deserves it if there were. he and his bullcrap rotation sh!t. fecking sutbborn. but who cares. its just the ECL. if its the BPL i'd be p!ssed. but this is a competition we have been conquering alot. oh well, not like i watched the match. didnt bother. i know how AB feels.

This is the worst run of games we've had since the notorious down hill slope we had against Boro and onwards in 2002.

It's not as if rotation has just been implemented this year. We've had some fantastic runs two seasons ago with the very system.

Its not just the last 5 games. I raised a topic about Gerrard and Alonso being given better new contracts in which they didnt deserve and I was slated for doing so. So here we are, and ive seen nothing to suggest I was wrong. When was the last time our big players truly earned there wage? (for the record, I know Alonso is injured so he is excused presently) .
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 am

luckily we were not the most embarrassing thing in europe last night, that award must go to did for these theatrics, i don't condone the supporter running on but didas reaction to it is a disgrace, he obvioulsy had in his mind "great, i can get them booted out here or we can get the points". it was worse than robbens dive against reina

cheating tw*t

clicky clicky
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:50 am

peewee wrote:luckily we were not the most embarrassing thing in europe last night, that award must go to did for these theatrics, i don't condone the supporter running on but didas reaction to it is a disgrace, he obvioulsy had in his mind "great, i can get them booted out here or we can get the points". it was worse than robbens dive against reina

cheating tw*t

clicky clicky

Thats worse than Rivaldo against Turkey !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:04 am

Now it's proven we are in a slump ,the other day i criticised Rafa i almost had my head chopped off ,but come on ,we are desperate for a pure middlefield playmaker and all those rotation :censored: is killing the boys confidence ,what the hell was sissoko doing tonight ? how wasn't he replaced by mash was just killing me ,same mistake he did with pennanat on the porto game ,use your subs for god sake ,Leto? what is he all about ?seen nothing from him...Kuyt should start just for the hard work he is giving the opp defence ,Torrece is just lazy ,SG is playing beneath his ability by 3 levels....don't know why but the national team break just killed us ..since then we can't but a pass if it kills us...very depressing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Smeg » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:06 am

Kharhaz wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:

Its not just the last 5 games. I raised a topic about Gerrard and Alonso being given better new contracts in which they didnt deserve and I was slated for doing so. So here we are, and ive seen nothing to suggest I was wrong. When was the last time our big players truly earned there wage? (for the record, I know Alonso is injured so he is excused presently) .

Ok well we'll just let Gerrard's contract expire and let £30,000,000 worth of player grab the club by the balls or leave when his contract expires.

Steven Gerrard is Liverpool's best player, 2 average games this season and people think he shouldn't be in the team. It actually says alot for the none match going fans that idiots have this "opinion".

Like it or not, he's the best player in this squad by an absoloute mile and we aren't half the team when he's not playing. If anyone actually payed attention last season he was YET AGAIN our best player by an absoloute mile but because of the ineptitude of people around him he has to do both their jobs, aswell as his own.

We have to many players who simply aren't on his wave length and when you're a good player, playing with rubbish players, it badly effects your own game.
Smeg

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:09 am

only me wrote:Now it's proven we are in a slump ,the other day i criticised Rafa i almost had my head chopped off ,but come on ,we are desperate for a pure middlefield playmaker and all those rotation :censored: is killing the boys confidence ,what the hell was sissoko doing tonight ? how wasn't he replaced by mash was just killing me ,same mistake he did with pennanat on the porto game ,use your subs for god sake ,Leto? what is he all about ?seen nothing from him...Kuyt should start just for the hard work he is giving the opp defence ,Torrece is just lazy ,SG is playing beneath his ability by 3 levels....don't know why but the national team break just killed us ..since then we can't but a pass if it kills us...very depressing.

Wasnt the national break. Its simply down to lack of passion. What bothers me is that Gerrard showed more in his poor displays for England than what he has for Liverpool. I hope he stands up and is counted sooner rather than later.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:12 am

Smeg wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:

Ok well we'll just let Gerrard's contract expire and let £30,000,000 worth of player grab the club by the balls or leave when his contract expires.

Steven Gerrard is Liverpool's best player, 2 average games this season and people think he shouldn't be in the team. It actually says alot for the none match going fans that idiots have this "opinion".

Like it or not, he's the best player in this squad by an absoloute mile and we aren't half the team when he's not playing. If anyone actually payed attention last season he was YET AGAIN our best player by an absoloute mile but because of the ineptitude of people around him he has to do both their jobs, aswell as his own.

We have to many players who simply aren't on his wave length and when you're a good player, playing with rubbish players, it badly effects your own game.

just 2 average games this season?
My point was for last season also.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:18 am

Tell ya what i'll go further. Gerrard has been SH.IT. Captain my :censored: hes done nothing lately. Great player without a doubt. But when it comes to performances in the games that dont require a trophy he goes missing. Name an instance in which im proved wrong.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:33 am

Tricky isnt it?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:37 am

Kharhaz wrote:Tell ya what i'll go further. Gerrard has been SH.IT. Captain my :censored: hes done nothing lately. Great player without a doubt. But when it comes to performances in the games that dont require a trophy he goes missing. Name an instance in which im proved wrong.

Just before we go any further, are you being serious here mate? I mean it was only in the first game of the season at Villa that he won the match for us with an absolute World-Class free kick. In the second game of the season, he pinges a lovely little throgh ball into Torres which led to the goal against Chelsea.

I can understand your frustration with the way we are performing, and I haven't seen as much football as I would like but in the games I have seen, to say Gerrard has been useless is just being silly.

I've said this a few times now but it's not as simple as scapegoating one player or bemoaning the lack of another. The team is now woefully short of form and confidence and because of that, all the parts within it are now malfunctioning. Rectifying this problem takes time and patience. It brings the previos pages and pages of debate about the "R" word into sharp focus and is the precise reason why some of us advocate not fiddling around too much when you stumble upon a formula which appears to be working. The reality is of course rectifying the problem can be very difficult.

Those expecting us to suddenly start playing well are going to be disappointed in my view because thats not how it works. Even a good win won't put us back into form, it takes more than one game. It requires a run of results for confidence to grow. When it grows to the extent that even if you start the game poorly, or even go one behind but still think you will win, then you're onto something. We'll all just have to wait for that to come around though and in the meantime it's going to be a rocky road. If and when it does come round of course, some of us will be advocating doing the minimum possible to disturb the equilebrium.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:41 am

bigmick wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Tell ya what i'll go further. Gerrard has been SH.IT. Captain my :censored: hes done nothing lately. Great player without a doubt. But when it comes to performances in the games that dont require a trophy he goes missing. Name an instance in which im proved wrong.

Just before we go any further, are you being serious here mate? I mean it was only in the first game of the season at Villa that he won the match for us with an absolute World-Class free kick. In the second game of the season, he pinges a lovely little throgh ball into Torres which led to the goal against Chelsea.

I can understand your frustration with the way we are performing, and I haven't seen as much football as I would like but in the games I have seen, to say Gerrard has been useless is just being silly.

I've said this a few times now but it's not as simple as scapegoating one player or bemoaning the lack of another. The team is now woefully short of form and confidence and because of that, all the parts within it are now malfunctioning. Rectifying this problem takes time and patience. It brings the previos pages and pages of debate about the "R" word into sharp focus and is the precise reason why some of us advocate not fiddling around too much when you stumble upon a formula which appears to be working. The reality is of course rectifying the problem can be very difficult.

Those expecting us to suddenly start playing well are going to be disappointed in my view because thats not how it works. Even a good win won't put us back into form, it takes more than one game. It requires a run of results for confidence to grow. When it grows to the extent that even if you start the game poorly, or even go one behind but still think you will win, then you're onto something. We'll all just have to wait for that to come around though and in the meantime it's going to be a rocky road. If and when it does come round of course, some of us will be advocating doing the minimum possible to disturb the equilebrium.

Im not bemoaning one player. What im doing is highlighting the fact that Gerrard is our captain and should be one of the front runners in ensuring our team gets the result. I hate to say it but Roy Keane had more influence in all games he played in then what our captain has.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:43 am

Kharhaz wrote:Tell ya what i'll go further. Gerrard has been SH.IT. Captain my :censored:

Absoloutely pathetic statement of the highest order. Mind you, what can you expect from someone who was brought up to "hate the police".

Support ya local team lad. Grimsby isn't it?

Face it, you know nothing about ours.

Absoloutely rediculous statement of the highest order. He was man of the match against Chelsea by an absoloute country mile, against Villa he was man of the match aswell as pulling us out the :censored: YET AGAIN, against Wigan he was no worse than any other player... To be quite honest, I don't even know why I've started debating this point with you.

If you expect Steven Gerrard to go out there and win every single match single handedly then you are nothing short of an idiot.

He's pulled us out the :censored: in about 50 games or so over the last 3 years with his goals, assists, alround play and general quality. Everything good that LFC does goes right through him all the time.

Idiots don't appriciate what he does for the team, he's a central midfielder who is there to pass, tackle, work and play well. Again tonight there was no-one on his wave length.

I really do find it laughable some of the things people on this forum come out with at times. If we had 11 players as good as Gerrard and who were as consistent as Gerrard and played to his level every week, we'd never lose a game. End of.
Smeg

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion