Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:59 pm

The Grudge wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Do not turn up at Anfield thinking you look great with a Crouchenko shirt on its an insult to Schevchenko.

Who's worried about insulting Shevchenko? He's been playing like Crouch since he got into England! :D

Crouch has been bad this season...granted,but in fairness he pulled us out bigtime last year!

Lack of form+lack of confidence..now lack of games!

The poor big man has his leg tied round his head!

Its easy to say hes shi'te but when he plays regularly he is our most efficent striker over the last year!

Last season was last season and when he has had his chance this season he should of grabbed it by the balls and shoved them up Rafas nose but he hasnt
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:04 am

Putting the team selection to one side, i was horrified by the lack of application by the players. This was not a Benitez team, what i mean is that there was no closing down, no doubling up when defending, no urgency, no clean passes further than 10 yards. None at all, the team actually looked tired in comparison to Marseille. Regardless of 'R', injuries, selections, tactics and the opposition there should never ever be a lack of EFFORT. There was a genuine lack of effort, and that is down to the players.

I felt that before his injuries Sissoko was starting to understand his limitations, and seemed to win the ball and give it to a colleague, with short passes, but i would like to know who the fck told him he had flair and and could attempt flicks and raking passes? Because that is what he has been trying recently, and in particular tonight. Maybe the pressure of competition has made him think he needs to add more strings to his bow, but i think he needs grabbing by his throat and be told he wins the ball and gives it to the nearest red shirt, that and that only.

Overall every player that was out there tonight was poor, very poor, nobody had an average game bar Finnan and Torres, Crouch is without doubt as useful as knob cheese, if he's not even going to try, he may aswell fck off, because he doesn't even warrant a place in the sqaud. If i was one of the players i would be ashamed to pick up the payslip this week.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:07 am

redtrader74 wrote:Putting the team selection to one side, i was horrified by the lack of application by the players. This was not a Benitez team, what i mean is that there was no closing down, no doubling up when defending, no urgency, no clean passes further than 10 yards. None at all, the team actually looked tired in comparison to Marseille. Regardless of 'R', injuries, selections, tactics and the opposition there should never ever be a lack of EFFORT. There was a genuine lack of effort, and that is down to the players.

I felt that before his injuries Sissoko was starting to understand his limitations, and seemed win the ball and give it to a colleague, with short passes, but i would like to know who the fck told him he had flair and and could attempt flicks and raking passes? Because that is what he has been trying recently, and in particular tonight. Maybe the pressure of competition has made him think he needs to add more strings to his bow, but i think he needs grabbing by his throat and be told he wins the ball and gives it to the nearest red shirt, that and that only.

Overall every player that was out there tonight was poor, very poor, nobody had an average game bar Finnan and Torres, Crouch is without doubt as useful as knob cheese, if he's not even going to try, he may aswell fck off, because he doesn't even warrant a place in the sqaud. If i was one of the players i would be ashamed to pick up the payslip this week.

if i could shake you by the hand mate for what you have just said i would
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:07 am

Ciggy wrote:hOW CAN ANY LIVERPOOL FAN WANT THAT NAME ON THE BACK OF HIS SHIRT?

It's not something i'd stick on the back of me shirt but am sure it's only meant to be a bit of fun Lynds, i doubt the guy realises he is offending anyone.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby agoodmentality » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:07 am

IF THERE WAS EVER A LUXURY PLAYER, ITS PETER CROUCH,, CAN'T RUN,,CAN'T JUMP,, CAN'T HEAD THE BALL,, CAN'T GET IN BEHIND DEFENDERS,,CAN'T TAKE A MAN ON, CONSTANTLY LOSES POSSESION BY GIVING AWAY FOULS,,,,,

SAYIN THAT I STILL THINK WE COULD GET £10-12M FOR HIM IN THE JAN SALES,,
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby username » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:09 am

The team did not play well and marseille played well. Marseille closed down every single player on the pitch, and quite simply, our players did do anything about it. When the defence was closed down, the ball was either lobbed up front, hoping for the best, or played short. the lob quite simply doesnt work, so the only other chance was a short pass, meaning the midfield had to come back and pick it up. Leto couldnt do anything with it, Gerrard was closed down in his current poor form, while momo lost it on the first touch, with yossi just runing the ball into the marseille players. Which again leads to a short pass, meaning the strikers moved closer to pick it up, to far from goal to be an attacking theat. The only times the ball ever got into marseille's box was the rare time we used the wings, while the only chance of an attack was ruined when crouch picked the ball up and ran it all the way back to midfield due to the pressure provided by marseille, then passing to yossi, who ran it into the marseille players again (or to another player who could do nothing). The goal was caused by just that, the midfield coming to pick it up, and momo losing it on his first touch (although, it was an amazing strike for the goal).

But, in no way was it down to missing players or marseille playing good, it was us being poor. Our players should of been more than good enough to beat them 3-0 at least. If anyone says diffrent, look at how we played in the last 5 minutes, within those 5 minutes we had more chances than we had the rest of the game, including a shot that would of been a goal if not for a great bit of defending. It was that 5 minutes that we finaly tried to score, and in that 5 minutes, we almost did, if the team would of played like that the whole, we would be celebrating
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:10 am

Scottbot wrote:It's not something i'd stick on the back of me shirt but am sure it's only meant to be a bit of fun Lynds, i doubt the guy realises he is offending anyone.

Well on RAOTL they have him down as whopper of the week and asking WHY?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:13 am

we need more jester hats, that what anfield is missing  :nod
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby agoodmentality » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:14 am

username wrote:If anyone says diffrent, look at how we played in the last 5 minutes, within those 5 minutes we had more chances than we had the rest of the game, including a shot that would of been a goal if not for a great bit of defending. It was that 5 minutes that we finaly tried to score, and in that 5 minutes, we almost did, if the team would of played like that the whole, we would be celebrating

MAYBEY ITS THE FACT THE WHEN A TEAM IS WINNING AWAY FROM HOME IN THE CL WITH 5 MINS TO GO, THEY PLAY WITH 10 MEN BEHIND THE 18 YARD LINE ,,THUS PRODUCING MORE CHANCES FOR THE HOME SIDE,
,JUST MAYBEY
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby mungi » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:15 am

sell crouch. he offers almost nothing in attack. whenever he plays the team tends to play more long balls. our style is noty that. sissoko needs to leran how to control and pass the ball again. still a big admirer but he has to improve if he wants more games. maybe employ him in a 3 man midfield so he can just destroy and doesnt have to play the ball out. some1 said the team tonight wasnt a benietiz team. i agree. not slick ball movement no closing down. we have to imrpove. we have played like this too much too early in the season. our left field options new renewing. leto isnt quite their yet. mr kewell where are you? need to see imrpovement agaisnt the spurs.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:19 am

Onwards and upwards. This is the first time in a very long time that I wasn't upset about the result.

There's far more important things in life than having to waste energy on discussing a shower of :censored: that played tonight.

I hope the feckers remember that there are many many fans out there paying hard earned money to watch them play pathetically poor in the last 1,2,3,4,5 games.

So until they bother to show up and play to their full potential, they can feck off.

We've spent so much time and energy tossing and turning thinking about how the feck do these overpaid c#nts can't perform up to the standards of the club.

Why the feck should I continue to do so when they can't string three passes together?

Was an absolute fecking disgrace that our players put in
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:26 am

AB asks

Why the feck should I continue to do so when they can't string three passes together?

That's why the supporters are called supporters. And Liverpool always had great supporters, back when they were relegated, or in the last decade where things were not as the fans of the club were used to (success and winning titles) Liverpool never lacked supporters.

It's fair we come here and say they played poorly because they did. It's fair to comment Rafa's mistake or certain players' bad performances, but  fans should support the team especially in bad moments. The defeat tastes badly, but that's part of football aswell.

We have seen this lads reaching the european final twice and trust me that's not something anyone can do. So I have full confidence on them and the new lads.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby slickrick » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:30 am

1. never bought a good centre half in the summer, hyypia is slow and useless.
2. never bought good wingers in the summer, our wingers can't dribble.
3. persisting in playing crouch, he is absolutely shocking bad
4. rotation, rotation, rotation, it doesn't :censored: work. man utd always play van der sar, gary neville(when fit), ferdinand, vidic,evra, - ronaldo,scholes,carrick always play,- rooney always plays, ferguson rotates maybe 2 positions, his left wing and strike partner thats it.
same with chelsea, cech, terry, carvalho, cole, essien, lampard, malouda,drogba, cole always play, they too only rotate 2 positions, their right full, either belletti or fereira and 1 midfielder either mikel or makelele.

why do we have to make six changes from saturday for tonight's match.
he says they need to rest,
for :censored: sake they get paid thousands per week its their :censored: job, play them in every :censored: match until their :censored: legs fall off.
ok rant over
slickrick

Postby AB's Red Army » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:31 am

Sabre wrote:AB asks

That's why the supporters are called supporters. And Liverpool always had great supporters, back when they were relegated, or in the last decade where things were not as the fans of the club were used to (success and winning titles) Liverpool never lacked supporters.

It's fair we come here and say they played poorly because they did. It's fair to comment Rafa's mistake or certain players' bad performances, but  fans should support the team especially in bad moments. The defeat tastes badly, but that's part of football aswell.

We have seen this lads reaching the european final twice and trust me that's not something anyone can do. So I have full confidence on them and the new lads.

I didn't say I wouldn't support this club or stop watching us play.

The point is, why should I continue to stress and debate over their :censored: performances when they're getting paid millions to play football?

People shouldn't be going at one anothers throats because a professional footballer wearing the Liverpool colors can't string a pass on a rainy night.

I shouldn't have to worry how the feck we're going to get it together, that's their job not mines.

I'll support them as I have in the toughest moments and will continue to do so.

My point is, I shouldn't need to lose sleep over their :censored:.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:49 am

LittleHobo wrote:could some1 do a photoshop of pacos head on the body of a goat please

:D
KOPMATT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion