Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 pm

wow how embarressing was that.

yet again Rafa should be past to the fans to be sorted out in the back streets.

sorry i can not post anymore tonight as i will say something that i am trying to to say this year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Sabre wrote:Awful game.

We played a weakened team. Why? Because Alonso is injured, Mascherano has played 3 games in a week, and Liverpool have an important match in Saturday.

But it's not just the selection, it's aswell that it was a bad game in the concentration camp. Sissoko made mistakes, Reina made a serious mistake that almost costed a goal, even Carraguer slipped. Crouch was caught off side in a set pieces situation, and Torres didn't score in a glorious chance with the goalie out of position. Should have done better.

Admitted the awful game, I must say I have confidence in this team, in this crowd and that we'll win on saturday and we'll make it through the CL group.

I'd be ready to bet some beers on that.

I have no problem with him playing a "weakened team", but a bit of common sense wouldnt be too much to ask. The midfield we played today was never going to work. I didn't expect them to be that bad but even so..........

ps bollox on the Torres chance, he hit the target, he was unlucky that a player got his knee to it.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bigxchris » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Also as its Ramdan and Sissoko is a Muslim is it worth playing him in the evening when he is running on empty (as Muslims are not allowed to eat until sundown).
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:51 pm

the team we put out should have won. its not ability we're lacking.. its hunger, drive and we didnt want it.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:51 pm

Sabre wrote:Torres didn't score in a glorious chance with the goalie out of position. Should have done better.

Watch it again, it was a great piece of defending that turned it onto the post
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:51 pm

bigxchris wrote:Also as its Ramdan and Sissoko is a Muslim is it worth playing him in the evening when he is running on empty (as Muslims are not allowed to eat until sundown).

Sissoko wasn't fasting, I dont think he fasts on match days either! Its no excuse
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:52 pm

hats off to marseille - from the very start they didn't give us a second on the ball and pressurised us into making stupid mistakes. they had more invention than us going forward and just looked like they WANTED it more than us. leto also looked way out of his depth.

my only other observation is that sissoko has obviously had a bang on the head over the summer as he's completely forgotten how to play football.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:52 pm

s@int wrote:How about giving a warning before closing the match thread Red37? Might save people writing a long post then losing it. Not that mine was worth that much but..........

C&P saint... you've not forgotten how have you  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 pm

dawson99 wrote:the team we put out should have won. its not ability we're lacking.. its hunger, drive and we didnt want it.

I disagree daws, Benitez made two mistakes, he should have included Kuyt and Torres and he should have put in benayoun on the left, pennant on the right.

Leto is awful.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 pm

anybody have a link to where rafa says we will play attacking football this season?  didn't take him long to revert back to the old ways did it? he needs to grow some balls and at least give us a chance
112-1077774096

Postby roberto green » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Beaten by a team that are below Toulose in thier league that performance was just totally shocking.

WHAT THE F**K,

1. HAVE THIS TEAM EVEN PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE.

2. GERARD WAS MORE INTERESTED IN BEING FIT FOR ENGLAND AND IN TURN IT HAS TOOK ITS TOLL ON US, LIVERPOOL SHOULD ALWAYS COME BEFORE ENGLAND.

3 SISSOKO THE CLOWN SHOULD NOT PLAY HE WAS UTTEER SH**E.

4. IS THIS YET ANOTHER SLIP FROM A FALSE DAWN.:angry:
roberto green

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 pm

bigxchris wrote:Also as its Ramdan and Sissoko is a Muslim is it worth playing him in the evening when he is running on empty (as Muslims are not allowed to eat until sundown).

I didn't know Ramadam prohibited players from passing to team mates   :D
account deleted by request

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Poor, poor, poor play of us!
Wish I didn't wake up in the early morning to watch such a game. :(
Rafa must sort this out!  :sniffle
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:54 pm

metalhead wrote:
dawson99 wrote:the team we put out should have won. its not ability we're lacking.. its hunger, drive and we didnt want it.

I disagree daws, Benitez made two mistakes, he should have included Kuyt and Torres and he should have put in benayoun on the left, pennant on the right.

Leto is awful.

pennant was suspended mate
112-1077774096

Postby Avi Cohen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:54 pm

We are just set up all wrong. The defence sat too deep (but that's because of yer man's pace up front - Rafa over thinking again). Gerrard sits deep so he can what exactly? Gerrard is a driver, not a playmaker and we're asking him to thread delicate passes through tight defences. All we seem to do is hoof it sixty yards to a guy who can't head the ball. I just don't get it. And anyone could see Momo was having a 'mare  - and he plays 94 minutes?

Teams know how to play us. Sticks five in midfield and snuff them out. We have no ideas going forward. I said it before: the emphasis is on winning the ball back.
I'm getting really tired of watching bad football from a Liverpool team. It's so boring to watch. That was Anfield and they booed. And it's not the first time I've heard it this season.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion