Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:33 pm

The truth is the defence played deep because of Hyypia's lack of pace, that meant the midfield also played too deep resulting in nearly all the second balls being lost. The attack became separated and isolated forcing us to play long balls over the top. We had no width, Leto was poor and Benayoun had to come inside to make any sort of progress. With Gerrard playing the holding role rather than Sissoko that left Sissoko trying to do something creative.

The only time we looked like we might be a team was when the defence stepped out after the goal.
account deleted by request

Postby agoodmentality » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:33 pm

REINA
  ARBELOA                   CARRA                         AGGER                       RIISE

PENNANT                     GERRARD               ALONSO                         KEWELL

TORRES                 BABEL

Rafa still has'nt played MY formation ^ , when he does get the chance to pick this XI ( maybey around Christmas time ), he will finally realise that its the opposition who should be worring about how to stop two wizz kids up front being supplied by the best midfield pair in europe,,

or maybey not,,
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:35 pm

s@int wrote:The truth is the defence played deep because of Hyypia's lack of pace, that meant the midfield also played too deep resulting in nearly all the second balls being lost. The attack became separated and isolated forcing us to play long balls over the top. We had no width, Leto was poor and Benayoun had to come inside to make any sort of progress. With Gerrard playing the holding role rather than Sissoko that left Sissoko trying to do something creative.

The only time we looked like we might be a team was when the defence stepped out after the goal.

Fecking hell give Rafa the boot quick!!

Give the job to saint  :bowdown  :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:35 pm

would have rather lost tonight than lost vs spuds at the weekend

premiership is much more important

hopefully this will motivate us to kick back at the weekend with an amazing home performance
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 pm

Truth is Liverpool lost because we were rubbish. The players out there tonight are on massive wages and all thats asked of them is to earn it, none of them did, well maybe reina, poor performance. You cant blame the manager for the attitudes of the players on the day.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 pm

why do people still add kewell into their first choice eleven

kewell is a injury prone overpaid fool who needs to be sold quickly
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:37 pm

NANNY RED wrote:I will be glad to see the back of the Crouchino's of this world   :)

lol :bowdown[/quote]
I spelt it wrong it was Crouchenco  :glare:

So many things wrong with this shirt on so many levels how can a Liverpool fan do that.

I dispare I really do.

Its not only an insult to Shevchenco but to combine his name with Peter Crouch no comparison really just feck off and just support wigan webfooted inbred mongs.

Do not turn up at Anfield thinking you look great with a Crouchenko shirt on its an insult to Schevchenko.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:37 pm

agoodmentality wrote:REINA
  ARBELOA                   CARRA                         AGGER                       RIISE

PENNANT                     GERRARD               ALONSO                         KEWELL

TORRES                 BABEL

Rafa still has'nt played MY formation ^ , when he does get the chance to pick this XI ( maybey around Christmas time ), he will finally realise that its the opposition who should be worring about how to stop two wizz kids up front being supplied by the best midfield pair in europe,,

or maybey not,,

Your formation will never be played because your asking reina to guard the corner flag ! your on a loser mate !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:38 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Truth is Liverpool lost because we were rubbish. The players out there tonight are on massive wages and all thats asked of them is to earn it, none of them did, well maybe reina, poor performance. You cant blame the manager for the attitudes of the players on the day.

Well come on he has to fecking motivate them as well its his job...

But Rafa needs to motivate himself first....
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:38 pm

me brother told me that jamie redknapp is managing a confrence side

is this true?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:40 pm

s@int wrote:The truth is the defence played deep because of Hyypia's lack of pace, that meant the midfield also played too deep resulting in nearly all the second balls being lost. The attack became separated and isolated forcing us to play long balls over the top. We had no width, Leto was poor and Benayoun had to come inside to make any sort of progress. With Gerrard playing the holding role rather than Sissoko that left Sissoko trying to do something creative.

Too much reticence, the midfield are over cautious about protecting Hyypia. The forwards...well, they seem very capable at dropping deep to cover the midfields retreat as well. Add that to virtually no width... and who is really that surprised.

Said that already. Abyssmal that we have to approach a game with such caution at home. No disrespect to Marseille (who btw deserved everything they fought for) - That Liverpool side and the way they performed tonight would'nt scare any team.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:41 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Truth is Liverpool lost because we were rubbish. The players out there tonight are on massive wages and all thats asked of them is to earn it, none of them did, well maybe reina, poor performance. You cant blame the manager for the attitudes of the players on the day.

Well come on he has to fecking motivate them as well its his job...

But Rafa needs to motivate himself first....

He shouldnt have to. Supporters pay to see the museum in which past teams have won honours. The players see it for nothing.
Supporters pay for a replica shirt and extra for there favourite player. The players get it for nothing.

If they need motivation, they should get it when they hang there heads and see the red shirt of Liverpool.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:41 pm

LittleHobo wrote:why do people still add kewell into their first choice eleven

kewell is a injury prone overpaid fool who needs to be sold quickly

Rafa must rate him, he was the only player not to be rotated last season. Hes looking good to avoid rotation again this season too.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:41 pm

I cant believe all this talk about how the team is performing since paco left. he was a member of Rafas bootroom. Rafa is a tactical coach one of the top ones in Europe he is also our manager and he picks the team .
So in other words you could say that when shanks or Paisley were in charge if Ronnie Moran or Fagin would have gone we would never have won all are titles.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:41 pm

Got offered a ticket for this one yesterday but couldn't take it up because of work. It's not often i say it, specially with mates at the game but 20 minutes in i was pretty blo.ody happy not to be there! there's no getting waya from it, it was a poor performance, probably the poorest i can recall at home since Rafa's first season. Lacked the usuall urgency, pressing and pressure you expect to see from us. there's no doubt we are sorely out of form going forward right now but Tottenham's dodgy back-line could and should be the perfect tonic for our lack of goals. I blimming hope so coz i have got a ticket for that one! Only Finnan and Riise (when he came on) lived up to the shirt tonight. To be fair Marseille deserve some credit, they were comfortable on the ball, didn't waste posession (like us), they packed the middle, pressed the ball and denied us any space. Unfortunately the lads didn't have the guille and (more importantly) the patience to break them down.

I'd like to see Rafa pick his best team this Sunday. If i was offered a loss tonight followed by a win on Sunday or the other way around i would take the points in the league. Just hope it happens.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion