Liverpool v marseille - Reaction to 0:1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:17 pm

Dire performance, worse than the porto game (which was also shocking)

best we forget about it and move on.

there is no real reason why we were as terrible as we were, games like this happen from time to time
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:19 pm

Benitez - Got it all wrong tonight. We all agree that this rotation :censored: MUST STOP NOW!!!!!!

FFS let him change TONIGHTS team first before he stops rotating. I never want to see that midfield together again!
account deleted by request

Postby philou » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:
philou wrote:Hello!
I was very surprised about the tactical way of Reds tonight, Gerrard was not the usual Gerrard (car accident ?), all most Sissoko et Benayoun. L'OM is a sick team (17th in french league), I hope tonight will be the beginning of our season.
See you in Marseille Reds! ;)

Good luck in the league mate.
Ypur fans where superb tonight a credit to you.

Like there were yours in Velodrome in 2004.
a question:Away fans are the same fans in Anfield?
Away fans seems more noisy, "agitated", working class than in Anfield where seat are very expensives and people seems less noisy than before?
I have a great respect for LFC (after l'OM, my 2 favorites teams are LFC and Barça) and for Anfield.
philou

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:21 pm

OneHotRed wrote:Cant believe people are still saying if we played so and so (tonight Alonso) we would have won tonight, were running out of player to put in the side and say this about, its not all down to one player missing, at the moment there are a HELL of a lot of things going wrong in our camp, a combination of things which is causing this horrific run of late.

In my opinion there are 3 things that have happened

1. Paco left
2. Benitez is worrying too much about the other teams tactics and not making the right move when things are going wrong, i.e tonight when we were sitting so deep and Gerrard was in the back four and torres had to come to just infront to even get a touch, he needs to get them to push out, to me he doesnt seem to be managing the team as the football is being played, only at half time and before and after the games.
3. The Players spirit is looking really down, dont know why but i'd hazard a guess at being :censored: scared they will not play the next game if they are good or bad and the fact Paco has left, the man they looked up to.

And for the In rafa we trust :censored: (admittedly only one of them tonight), sorry you got the wrong thread here tonight, no-one could defend him tonight for what happened.

Also in his interview he was asked "Could rotation be the cause of some of the problems at the moment" he said "Definatley not" <---- Hes just not going to admit when hes wrong, being stubborn IMO

I also hate the fact that tonight I agreed with Andy Gray <----For this reason alone things need to improve

1. maybe Alonso's coolness on the ball and Aggers solid defending. Not Pakos training.    (as someone on RAOTL said)

2. why was gerrard by the back 4? I'll tell you why. It's because he was trying to do the job Alonso does week in week out and also the fact that that was the only place he could fins space because he was being man marked.

I don't think rotation was the problem. It was a combination of the players playing badly and marseille playing well. It is not Rafa where the blame should lie, it's with the players. I agree his team selection was probably wrong but I would still expect the team that started to win.

There are some things you don't see from the comfort of your arm chair you know. Maybe it's good you didn't go because you would have been one of the small minded people who booed at the end in an everton-newcastle style.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:23 pm

OneHotRed wrote:Cant believe people are still saying if we played so and so (tonight Alonso) we would have won tonight, were running out of player to put in the side and say this about, its not all down to one player missing, at the moment there are a HELL of a lot of things going wrong in our camp, a combination of things which is causing this horrific run of late.

In my opinion there are 3 things that have happened

1. Paco left
2. Benitez is worrying too much about the other teams tactics and not making the right move when things are going wrong, i.e tonight when we were sitting so deep and Gerrard was in the back four and torres had to come to just infront to even get a touch, he needs to get them to push out, to me he doesnt seem to be managing the team as the football is being played, only at half time and before and after the games.
3. The Players spirit is looking really down, dont know why but i'd hazard a guess at being :censored: scared they will not play the next game if they are good or bad and the fact Paco has left, the man they looked up to.

And for the In rafa we trust :censored: (admittedly only one of them tonight), sorry you got the wrong thread here tonight, no-one could defend him tonight for what happened.

Also in his interview he was asked "Could rotation be the cause of some of the problems at the moment" he said "Definatley not" <---- Hes just not going to admit when hes wrong, being stubborn IMO

I also hate the fact that tonight I agreed with Andy Gray <----For this reason alone things need to improve

Listen mate!!

I cant really buy into the fact that Paco leaving is influencing LFC much!If a baldly little Spanish man that is good at P.E. influences such a great institution that much then we really are in trouble!

The fact that you say rotation is scaring the players because they feel they will not play is wrong as well because it does not seem to matter how cr@p certain players play,they will always get a game because their colleague is'tired'!

Benitez will always worry about our opponents,that is his job.Tonight if we played at even 70% of our potential we could have won that game! We played at about 20% of our best,but regardless of the managerial decisions the players selected were not good enough and did not try enough.That is why we lost the game!
The Grudge

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:23 pm

would prefer to see lucas given a chance in centre mid ahead of sissoko

i think lucas has the potential to be amazing, sissoko hasnt improved since getting here
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:23 pm

s@int wrote:
Benitez - Got it all wrong tonight. We all agree that this rotation :censored: MUST STOP NOW!!!!!!

FFS let him change TONIGHTS team first before he stops rotating. I never want to see that midfield together again!

Couldnt have said it any better myself saint

That midfield tonight was like watching a horror film were you keep putting you hands over you eyes
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:24 pm

we want lucas, lucas, lucas, lucas

no more momo please

i cant take it anymore
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Feugo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:27 pm

I'm young and I'm :censored: !

lol what really happen to Aurelio.. hes like.. "omg what should i do"

my god...
look at Gerrard's face at the last minute.....
En taro tassadar!

ImageImage
Feugo

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:27 pm

philou wrote:Good luck in the league mate.
Your fans where superb tonight a credit to you.

Away fans seems more noisy, "agitated", working class than in Anfield where seat are very expensives and people seems less noisy than before?
I have a great respect for LFC (after l'OM, my 2 favorites teams are LFC and Barça) and for Anfield.[/quote]
Our kop surrounded by @rsehole gloryhunters who jump on the bandwagon, who ever the favourite team is at the time.

Our away fans are superb amazing not glory hunting gobsh.ites that joined the Liverpool train in May 2005 no worries if things go bad they will desert us and good ridence they have ruined us enough by being gobshites and I will be gald to see the back of the Crouchenko of this world   :)
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:29 pm

reina........7
finnan.....5...dire
carragher....5.....like a man made of stone, looked like he had never played sport in his life
hyypia......5.....poor
aurelio.....4....if he is brazilian then i am the new zidane
benayoun...4...the abilty of a circus flee
sissoko....3....a wild dog with no brain
gerrard....5....suprisingly awful
leto....3...was he even on the pitch
crouch.....5 tried harder than most, still awful though
torres....4...looked like he cost 20 quid from a sunday league team
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby KOPMATT » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:29 pm

Well all I say is that From what i saw which was only 15 mins as I had to attend a bloody meeting!! :angry:  Was that we seemed to have lost the plot totally! Something to me seems very wrong there and I am only guessing but do you think it may have something to do with Paco leaving the club? It just appears that since he's gone so has alot of the players confidence?
I know teams have off days but the last 34 have been dire to say the least!
I'm baffled and not very happy at all with our recent performances.

YNWA!

PS, hi guys been away for a while......................................did you miss me? :D
KOPMATT

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:
philou wrote:Good luck in the league mate.
Your fans where superb tonight a credit to you.

I have a great respect for LFC (after l'OM, my 2 favorites teams are LFC and Barça) and for Anfield.

Our kop surrounded by @rsehole gloryhunters who jump on the bandwagon, who ever the favourite team is at the time.

Our away fans are superb amazing not glory hunting gobsh.ites that joined the Liverpool train in May 2005 no worries if things go bad they will desert us and good ridence they have ruined us enough by being gobshites and I will be gald to see the back of the Crouchino's of this world   :)[/quote]
lol :bowdown
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:

Couldnt have said it any better myself saint

That midfield tonight was like watching a horror film were you keep putting you hands over you eyes

Sorry, I should've put pick the strongest team and then stop this rotation shit. I too never wanna see that midfield combination on the same field together in a red shirt.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:33 pm

KOPMATT wrote:Well all I say is that From what i saw which was only 15 mins as I had to attend a bloody meeting!! :angry:  Was that we seemed to have lost the plot totally! Something to me seems very wrong there and I am only guessing but do you think it may have something to do with Paco leaving the club? It just appears that since he's gone so has alot of the players confidence?
I know teams have off days but the last 34 have been dire to say the least!
I'm baffled and not very happy at all with our recent performances.

YNWA!

PS, hi guys been away for a while......................................did you miss me? :D

I missed you ! at least I think I did, you sound like someone id miss.....

And as for paco, said earlier, hes my scapegoat for the season so yeah his fault !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion