Liverpool v manu

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:20 pm

Not to be rude Man Utd but........F@ck off you piece of ****** ******.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:21 pm

and did you watch the handsball? they were twice. They always need hands to beat us :angry:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez admitted goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek's blunder cost his side dear in the 1-0 defeat to Manchester United at Anfield.

England striker Wayne Rooney scored the fortuitous winner in the 21st minute when the Poland international allowed a relatively easy shot from outside the penalty area slip underneath his outstretched arms.

Even the sending-off of United's Wes Brown in the 65th minute for two bookable offences could not improve Liverpool's fortunes.

"It is a problem in massive games; if you have a mistake sometimes you must pay for this mistake and we paid for it," said Benitez.

"We tried to test them by playing wide but they had a spirited team and they controlled the situation with 10 men."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:23 pm

mistyred wrote:Not to be rude Man Utd but........F@ck off you piece of ****** ******.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Keep em comin Misty only thing thats cheerin me up :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:23 pm

They werent hand balls we just have to face the fact that we werent good enough today they again wanted it more than we did. :angry:  :angry:
SALTROCK67

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:23 pm

I thought it was one of our poorest performances at home this season. They were much the better team on the day much as it hurts to admit it. The two new lads did well for me, Carra and Baros were the only two players though who really played up to their best.
It was all about central-midfield in my view. We never looked like gaining the ascendancy in there, whether that was because of a simple outnumbering with them playing a central three, or whether it was because Gerrard had a real off day I don't know but thats where we lost it.
As for Dudek, what can you say? Not good enough.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:24 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:The problem is we are a one man team at the mo you can see that cos when SG doesnt play well nobody else does as happened 2day. :angry:  :angry:

Maybe, maybe not. I reckon we missed Alonso's range of passing today, Finnan's overlapping run and maybe some cutting edge wing play from Kewell as well?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Lynds, i can't control myself iv'e gone into liquid melt down :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:26 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:They always need hands to beat us :angry:

...especially the helping hand from Dudek
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:27 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:They werent hand balls we just have to face the fact that we werent good enough today they again wanted it more than we did. :angry:  :angry:

we weren't good enough, but they were handsball, the same as when chelsea beat us: handsball.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:27 pm

When you're trailing, you stay calm and use your brain, play as a team. Move the ball, left to right, pass the ball, control the ball, create space. We didn't do any of those things, just kicked the ball up the pitch and hoped that by some miracle it would go into the goal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:27 pm

Against my better judgement I've just got back and decided to pop on here with a  few observations from the game.

Against Chelsea Jan 1st I was disappointed that we lost but encouraged that we played well enough to easily win the game . Today I'm just disappointed  ???

You can look for excuses with team selecvtion (and there were quite  few today which to be hionest puzzled me!) , you can argue we have a lot of imjuries byut int he final analysis we didn't do the basics today. Too many missed tackles, too many mis-placed passes and we lacked any creativity.

Gerard had possibly his poorest game for a long time and we all know Liverpool without Gerard at the moment is like a car without the engine.

Rise was arguably our best player along with Carragher and Baros but those excepted the rest were plain ordinary.

Sorry to those people who like to point the fuinger at the opposition or the ref but we almost beat ourselves today against an ordinary but workmanlike united side ..

Walk On .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:27 pm

Dudek goes to pieces everytime we play them why?
Remember Forlan he gifted him 2 goals aswell :angry:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Got to admit, Benitez didn't coach well today. Riise, when on the ball was making all the right moves, Morientes should have been left on, he was the focal point up until his sub. Pelle showed what he can do, but needed to be rested, he ran out of legs, and although for his experience, couldnt keep up with the game, but he shut Saha down very well. Should have played 3-4-3 when Pongolle came on, and Pelle should have been subed at that time.
Other than that, Dudek, methinks, feels comfortable knowing that he is the only keeper in the side for the moment, and had another terrible lapse of concentration. Their goal was certainly against the run of play, and Dudek really should have done SO much better than trying to push it away for a corner. But, Shrek should have been shut down a lot earlier in that play.
Not a good day by any means.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Think your spot on there Dalglish.  :;):  :;):
SALTROCK67

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion