Liverpool v manu

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:33 pm

anyone knows how long finnan is injured ? You miss good players when they are not playing......and today we missed finnan pretty bad.....Carra is great, but he does not make a good "modern attacking fullback".
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:35 pm

He should be able to play against Southampton.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:38 pm

i hate to have to admit this but we were beaten by a better team today, on the day.

they used their experience where we did not and kept the ball when we did not. as someone said keane and scholes ran the midfield. steve gerrard was way below his normal standard - my guess is that he was trying too hard to prove himself against keen as start of the show than just concentrating on his own game. both him and garcia were culpable of trying too much when the simple option would have been so much better.

manure kept the game very simple and stuck to a plan. they used some nice flicks and stuff but only when it was a good option.

having said all that i though garcia had a better game than many of his recent ones. he got into some great positions and made some good attacking runs with the ball, the problem is that he either keeps it too long or chooses the worng pass. for us today only riise and carragher stood out. nando had a decent debut but looked a bit off the pace knackered after an hour. pelle solid but needs to learn not to hoof.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1105728556 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:46 pm

Santa

The phone was one of them smart phones that projects itself to sh!te
116-1105728556

Postby 116-1105728556 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Sean

I noticed SG bottled out on the tackle which for me means his heart isn't in it and he'd given up on the rest of the team at that stage. Doesn't bode well for the end of the season me thinks.
116-1105728556

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:50 pm

The_Rock wrote:anyone knows how long finnan is injured ? You miss good players when they are not playing......and today we missed finnan pretty bad.....Carra is great, but he does not make a good "modern attacking fullback".

carra had a good go

i think we should of put carroll under more pressure, you can tell from the body language that he isnt confidence and a lot of the man utd players arent happy with him

i havent read all this thread but can i add how morientes looks promising, but garcia is W*nk and pellegrino is a ***** donkey
109-1105722616

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Carra was great defensive....but he did not attack down the flanks in the 1st half... He only start attacking in the last 20 mins or so. Don't mistake me. I am not blaming carra. For me, he has been the player of the season so far. He is not the attacking fullback type. It just shows how impt finnan was for this team.

I seriously think rafa should have played nunez on the right and stuck with baros & garcia today and then bring out morientas in the 2nd half. It was not a good idea to put morientas in the 1st 11, seeing how he was just signed a few days ago. Similar to what happended against bolton. Putting new players straight away in the team.....you cannot expect them to gel right away.

As for pelle........ this is his 1st match. i think he did well. In fact for a free-signing he did extremely well....

And donkey retired ages ago (tony adams).
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:07 pm

Listen everyone, complain all you like we didn't even deserve a draw, today. To say Dudek cost us the 3 points is harsh, the goal was conceded early, granted it was a howler, but its not his fault the rest couldn't create a chance for the rest of the match, espsecially when Utd. went down to 10. He's the best option we have and it wont do him any good with everyone getting on his back.

As for Stevie Gerrard, the lad needs to stand back and take a good look at himself. If he wants to be the best he better take a leaf out of Roy Keanes book. For a supposedly over the hill crocked midfielder he had Gerrard in his pocket the whole game. Stevie needs to checks his ego and stop talking an get on proving he's the best midfielder in the Premiership, never mind the world.

As for the rest, it was a poor performance, no  ideas up front, looked resonably secure at the back, i think Nunez should have started instead of Garcia, cos he would have stayed wide and put in crosses for Nando. All in all poor performance, didnt deserve it so lets move on.

:D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:11 pm

A draw between Boro and Everton would be good for us. A win for either side is bad news for us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:13 pm

A.B. wrote:A draw between Boro and Everton would be good for us. A win for either side is bad news for us.

I rather boro win. i want the blue sh1t to get below us ASAP.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:14 pm

If Boro win, then we go back to sixth place.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:17 pm

A.B. wrote:If Boro win, then we go back to sixth place.

well................the only thing which will make this an ok week for me is if the blue sh1ts lose too (lose heavily actually)...and beattie gets injured for the season.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:19 pm

i think alot of yous are getting abit carried away, especially you misty, gerrard is ****** cause he played one bad match? get a life m8, today we should of got a point but cause of dudek we didnt and he needs to be rid of, sure u remember the forlan mistake he made and that cost us the match sure, so i think goalkeeper priority for sure,  gracia was poor, giving the ball away 2 much and not influenceing the game enough, off day and very disappointing but its only the beginning, more signings needed but dont get too disheartened
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:24 pm

turdinator2 wrote:Santa

The phone was one of them smart phones that projects itself to sh!te

You mean like a homing device? I hoped it came with a spiky cover. No wonder he was substituted, just so the doctors can pull it out from the donkey's @ss  :angry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:24 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:i think alot of yous are getting abit carried away, especially you misty, gerrard is ****** cause he played one bad match? get a life m8, today we should of got a point but cause of dudek we didnt and he needs to be rid of, sure u remember the forlan mistake he made and that cost us the match sure, so i think goalkeeper priority for sure,  gracia was poor, giving the ball away 2 much and not influenceing the game enough, off day and very disappointing but its only the beginning, more signings needed but dont get too disheartened

agree with you there, garcia was awful and gerrard was just not playing exceptional, we seem to expect ti from him week in week out, its impossible hes gonna burn himself out trying to carry the team
109-1105722616

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion