LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:15 pm

bigmick wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
bigmick wrote:Hey before I proceed, thanks to Baz for the link it was great. Whats all this though about playing a left winger on the left wing ??? Bit conventional isn't it? Can't he play anywhere else FFS? He must be able to fill in at right back or something?

what about the all great and conquering booze nose, sticking 30 + Rooney on the right wing.
I wonder if the papers will be calling him the names Rafa has got for doing similar things, difference is Rafa has done it because we`ve had no other decent option out wide.
Whats his excuse?

Thing about the "great and all conquering booze nose" is that he's done it.

Also, at least Rooney is right footed.

I didnt expect you to jump to his defence mate, but since you did, so Rooney out wide was a good decision?
Does winning things then give you the right to play you best forward wide when you have more than adaquate options there?
Who was the "mad" manager to day. :)
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Rush Job wrote:
bigmick wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:i think our season hinges on ryan babel

Well then we are well and truly Rodgered.

:laugh:

TBH mate i was going mental at him before he scored, he`s the type of player who can :censored: up a simple control or put a simple 6 yard pass 7 yards wide but he can also go past top quality defenders like there not there (meg on Vidic) and win us games.
With young players like Babbel youve got to take the ruff with the smooth as long as they can give some end product. :)

Exactlz.... Rzan Babel is not the answer.... he'll have his moments in the sun but is most definitelz, NOT, the solution for us.
ConnO'var

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Get the f.uck in!!! :buttrock  What a fantastic result and a performance to match.  First 10 minutes aside, we bossed the game...especially in the second half.  The Mancs barely got a sniff at goal and we had them under the cosh for long stretches.  Funny how shakey they can look when they're actually put under pressure. :D

I thought it was a fantastic all-around team performance today, particularly without Gerrard and Torres.  Up top, we were a little toothless (how many chances did Kuyt and Keane spurn?) but the industry and dare I say movement of the strike partnership really put the Manc defenders under pressure and prevented them from playing their way out from the back for much of the match.  Yossi had a much better game than usual starting from wide right and he caused real difficulties on a few occasions in the second half.  Wide left Riera had some great tricks to get around Brown, provided width, tested VDS on at least one occasion and took up great positions in and around the box--he's done everything you'd want from a wide player and if he keeps this up he'll play a really important role.

In the middle of the park, Masch and Alonso bossed the game and both did well making the offense tick: Alonso with his probing passes and Masch with his surging runs (great effort for the 2nd goal).  We looked very dodgy at the back from the outset but Skrtel and Carra settled, figured out how to contain Tevez and then we were sound.  I thought Aurelio and Arbeloa did well going forward and weren't caught napping defensively.  Cheers to Ferguson for playing Rooney wide right as well! :D  Reina had very little to do but was strong on a couple of occasions...the Giggs volley especially.

As for the subs, Babel was full of tricks and did well with the goal, despite scuffing the shot.  More of that please, son.  Gerrard looked well up for it and didn't seem hampered at all by injury, which is really positive.  Ngog didn't really get a kick.

That's exactly what we needed: a win over these after bossing the game.  Never mind that our goals were a bit scruffy...those are the kind they always score against us.  We played the best we've played all season and got the result we deserved.  Absolutely made up for the lads! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Ngog didn't really get a kick.

Maybe because he didnt play  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Ngog didn't really get a kick.

Maybe because he didnt play  :D

:blush: Right, he was going to come on and then Rafa had that spaz attack on the sideline!  Now I remember...Hyppia came on  for Masch instead! :D  Well, Hyypia didn't get a kick then! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Great result.  Great performance as well.  Would like to see Babel start more as I fail to see how Yossi deserves a place.  Kuyt awful as usual.  Reira not a bad debut at all.
puroresu

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Bad Bob wrote: :blush: Right, he was going to come on and then Rafa had that spaz attack on the sideline!  Now I remember...Hyppia came on  for Masch instead! :D  Well, Hyypia didn't get a kick then! :D

Are U bevvied Bob what times it there? :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:32 pm

WHO THE FCK ARE MAN UTDD

ta da da da da da
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:33 pm

puroresu wrote:Kuyt awful as usual. 

Jesus feckin christ Kuyt should have got MOTM alongside Mascherano. What game where you watching  ???

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Jesus feckin christ Kuyt should have got MOTM alongside Mascherano. What game where you watching  ???

poor 1st touch, giving the ball away, and fails to score easy chances.
puroresu

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm

i thought kuyt was good

did his typical "up my game in a big game" routine

he was in their face like rocky balboa

and assisted the winner,well done dirk
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:39 pm

The Manc forum is good reading tonight..... :laugh:
mkingdom

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Get the f.uck in!!! :buttrock  What a fantastic result and a performance to match.  First 10 minutes aside, we bossed the game...especially in the second half.  The Mancs barely got a sniff at goal and we had them under the cosh for long stretches.  Funny how shakey they can look when they're actually put under pressure. :D

I mentioned earlier in the thread after watching them loose in the UEFA Super cup to Zenit that getting right into them is the way to go!
THEY FUC,KING HATE IT when teams get into them,fight for every ball,run at them and take them on!
They are'nt used to it,they get too much respect from everyone that plays them!That was the key today.LFC took the game to them and believed they could do it.
Fair play to everyone out there today and the manager.We battered and battered and kept going when lesser teams with less balls would have settled for a draw.
Even when 2-1 up we were still going for another and that was great to see,they were on the ropes to the whistle and walked off the pitch and out of our stadium and every single one of them knew full well they were second best!
As for Fergie,he did show us a little respect in his post match interview and admitted we were the better side.But as per usual let himself down by complaining that Skrtel and Carra were favoured by the ref! :laugh: Laughable but typical of a sore looser!

Best performance for a very long time today,Fergie can make all the excuses he wants with pathetic claims that Rio was the only one that played well,we caught them on an off day!
He knows as well as we all do that the reason his players were poor is because we never let them play...and bossed them off the pitch for the last 84 mins of the game!
Im fuc'king delighted!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Ignore shi'te like that! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:41 pm

puroresu wrote:Great result.  Great performance as well.  Would like to see Babel start more as I fail to see how Yossi deserves a place.  Kuyt awful as usual.  Reira not a bad debut at all.

OUCH

i though Kuyt did pretty well for a change there eh !
credit where credit is due he did little wrong in that game andd what hes sht at he'll always be sht at but he did everything else very well today...
for starters he was waay better than Keane
aurelio was imprssive as well and so was ascherano in the second half... really picked up after a rather poor first half...
riera was brilliant and i think he'll do great against the smaller sides

Benayoun was fckin poor and tank fck he came off he did nothing all game
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion