LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:51 pm

bigmick wrote:
metalhead wrote:
bigmick wrote:well I'm here and I wrote rierra off before he kicked a ball for the club. If he proved me wrong today that's fantastic, and I hope he does it every week. Its worth considering though that if he had had an average game today people would be saying "give him time". All I ask is that you don't spoil it by claiming a victory too soon. Believe me if he is about to shove my weasel words down my throat I will be just a s happy as the next man, but there's a way to go yet.

How do you like your pie Mick? :D

I actually prefer it prepared in the most humble method possible since you ask. When its served, i devour huge portions of it greedily :D

Often though I find you take your seat at the table only to discover that in actual fact it's not on the menu. The organisers thought it was but unfortunately circumstances have a habit of changing.

Extra Large then it is :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:51 pm

What a difference a win agaist the  scum makes.
This board is going to be a strange and foreign place this next few days, heres hoping months eh lads.

I actually think i feel better now than i did on our last FA cup win because after long last we have proved we can challenge if not even win the prem.
We should be able to play with confidence now, roll on. :)
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:52 pm

LittleHobo wrote:alonso is so much better in centre mid without gerrard

he knows he has to step up his creative game more and he normally does

He has much more freedom to do so when he has mascherano beside him.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Vidic should have gone for the challenge on Keane, the dirty little b*stard.

Fergie is just  bitter c*nt. Every f*cker was saying Liverpool are a one-man team, then 2-man when Torres arrived.

Tell me now, Jockboy - how are you coping without gayboy Ronnie?

I actually think BOTH Vidic's bookings were straight reds.

why the first one is only a yellow when Keano is straight at goal is mind-boggling...the second one was a deliberate elbow aim at Alonso...both Vidic & Fergie is a right bitter farkin kunt!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Good game from the lads. Turning the game after being 0-1 down. Man Utd was second best all day.

Reina 8
World class goalkeeper. Couple of good saves. Really good distribution and he was absolutely great at handling crosses and deadballs. This was the big fear for me. Them being dominant in the air. Reina did well.

Arbeloa 8
One of his best games for Liverpool. Safe defending and good contribution going forward.

Skrtl 8
Rock solid. Our best centre back. Pace, passing skills, power, dedication.

Carra 7
Almost ruined it with some horrible passing. Defended well.

Aurelio 6
Awful first half. Better second half

Benayoun 6/7
Good game. Unpredictable.

Mascherano 9
The kind of player that is going to make LFC win the premiership. Could have done more when they scored, but after that. Awesome.

Alonso 9
World class performance. Scholes, Giggs, Hargreaves, Anderson, Carrick,,, they all tried to stop him. But they couldn't. In control of everything that happened. Creative, safe, composed, cool, wonderful distribution. He is back.

Kuyt 5
Hard work is his only asset. And today he did fairly well. But if he continues to waste chances we will not win the premiership. Slow, boring and far from efficient

Riera 6/7
Showed some glimpses of what he will bring to the team. Nice control, a little bit of flair and godd crossing. Interesting debut.

Keane 5
Slow and not very effective. He is turning into another Kuyt. Worked hard for the team for 90 minutes but never creating anything dangerous.

subs:

Gerrard - nice to see him back on the pitch. Thankfully Benitez did not break up the superb Masch/Alonso pairing. Gerrard need to play on the right or just off Torres.

Babel - players like that turn 1 point into 3. great skills, amazing pace and power. he is going to be instrumental this year.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:57 pm

i think our season hinges on ryan babel

IF he steps up we could challenge, he could be our christiano ronaldo type player, goals, causes havoc

we all know that torres, gerrard, mascherano,carragher, reina can form a good spine and will all be reliable

but its babel who is the key, if he can step up who knows?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:00 pm

bigmick wrote:Hey before I proceed, thanks to Baz for the link it was great. Whats all this though about playing a left winger on the left wing ??? Bit conventional isn't it? Can't he play anywhere else FFS? He must be able to fill in at right back or something?

what about the all great and conquering booze nose, sticking 30 + Rooney on the right wing.
I wonder if the papers will be calling him the names Rafa has got for doing similar things, difference is Rafa has done it because we`ve had no other decent option out wide.
Whats his excuse?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:01 pm

Aurelio played VERY well - both defensivly and going forward, linked with riera very well

Kuyt and Keane didnt do much going forward BUT they were instumental in out victory today so many times the closed down the scum defence and caused them to make errors and they couldnt build from the back which I think affected them massivley - so in that respect they played awesome.

Like I said in a post earlier Torres would have closed down like that and I believe this would have affected the result (however we may have had more chances on goal)
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:02 pm

LittleHobo wrote:i think our season hinges on ryan babel

Well then we are well and truly Rodgered.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Just wordering ?? What happen to agger ??
LiverpoolMadman

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Rush Job wrote:
bigmick wrote:Hey before I proceed, thanks to Baz for the link it was great. Whats all this though about playing a left winger on the left wing ??? Bit conventional isn't it? Can't he play anywhere else FFS? He must be able to fill in at right back or something?

what about the all great and conquering booze nose, sticking 30 + Rooney on the right wing.
I wonder if the papers will be calling him the names Rafa has got for doing similar things, difference is Rafa has done it because we`ve had no other decent option out wide.
Whats his excuse?

Thing about the "great and all conquering booze nose" is that he's done it.

Also, at least Rooney is right footed.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:05 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Just wordering ?? What happen to agger ??

Who cares, the way Skrtel went running up through the pitch releasing the Kraken against the mancs :D :D
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:07 pm

bigmick wrote:

haha

i just think if he can progress into the player he should be he will add the final jigsaw peice to a potential challange

a pacey, goalgetter who can cause havoc from anywhere in the attacking third
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:10 pm

bigmick wrote:

:laugh:

TBH mate i was going mental at him before he scored, he`s the type of player who can :censored: up a simple control or put a simple 6 yard pass 7 yards wide but he can also go past top quality defenders like there not there (meg on Vidic) and win us games.
With young players like Babbel youve got to take the ruff with the smooth as long as they can give some end product. :)
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Hull City beating Newcastle 2-0 lol:laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion