LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:30 pm

ConnO'var wrote:To address Micks point about the upcoming fixtures... we've got a great shot of making this an incredible start to the season... I didn't bother with the other big 4 teams fixtures but our own....

In the coming few weeks we've got
1. Stoke (home)
2. Everton (awaz)
3. Man Citz (awaz)
4. Wigan (home)

Not easz matches but the Stoke and Wigan matches should be certs...... If we can get a win at Everton and a result at Man Citz..... we reallz will be able to consolidate pole position... the next 2 aren't easz ties (Chelsea:p

If we play like we did today we can take max points!
Great win,but also a massive confidence boost for everyone at the club!
Every player gave 100% today and thats what was needed!Fergie is talking shi'te saying they never played well....The fact is we bossed them all over the pitch and never let them play!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:33 pm

wheres all the doubters now he wrote off riera before he had even kicked a ball (just because he was poor at man city playing wing back) ???

where are you now?

from what i saw he has amazing touch, enough acceleration to beat a man, skill, confidence, strong enough for the prem too

good signing
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:37 pm

I reckon 10 out of 12 in the next 4 matches would stand us in good stead. Season after past season, we've faltered when the opportunitz was there..... It's time we put the ghost of past records aside and prove that  we've got what it takes to take the next step..... We've the personnel to do it..... even with a few positions that still need sorting... I'm convinced of it.

It's time to focus and hold our nerves...... and show that we reallz believe that we can. We'll have won half the battle if we can that. If we want to plaz at the high stakes table, we must believe that we belong there. Hopefullz this victorz over the mancs will be the catalzst.
ConnO'var

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:38 pm

I doubted Riera, still early though.

However, I hoped he would do really well with us, so impressive game from him today.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:39 pm

well I'm here and I wrote rierra off before he kicked a ball for the club. If he proved me wrong today that's fantastic, and I hope he does it every week. Its worth considering though that if he had had an average game today people would be saying "give him time". All I ask is that you don't spoil it by claiming a victory too soon. Believe me if he is about to shove my weasel words down my throat I will be just a s happy as the next man, but there's a way to go yet.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby faldo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:39 pm

so thats what i feels like to beat manu,i almost forgot.........yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees get in there.
faldo

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 pm

peewee wrote:awaz  :D

:D  :D

Still having trouble with this accursed kezboard!

Kezboard ..  = Kezman's broad
ConnO'var

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 pm

LittleHobo wrote:wheres all the doubters now he wrote off riera before he had even kicked a ball (just because he was poor at man city playing wing back) ???

where are you now?

from what i saw he has amazing touch, enough acceleration to beat a man, skill, confidence, strong enough for the prem too

good signing

He had a very very good debut and looked like he may be what we need and have needed out wide!Its amazing what playing a left winger on the left wing can do in terms of steadying up the M/F and helping the team function better as a unit! :D
Lets wait a few more games at the very least,before we decide either way!
What I will say is that he showed a lot of promise today and im optomistic about him!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:41 pm

why write someone off though before hes even kicked a ball?

just cause he isnt david silva (who i think is to small and weak for the prem anyway)

you can find quality for cheaper and lets hope rafa has
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:42 pm

bigmick wrote:well I'm here and I wrote rierra off before he kicked a ball for the club. If he proved me wrong today that's fantastic, and I hope he does it every week. Its worth considering though that if he had had an average game today people would be saying "give him time". All I ask is that you don't spoil it by claiming a victory too soon. Believe me if he is about to shove my weasel words down my throat I will be just a s happy as the next man, but there's a way to go yet.

How do you like your pie Mick? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Hey before I proceed, thanks to Baz for the link it was great. Whats all this though about playing a left winger on the left wing ??? Bit conventional isn't it? Can't he play anywhere else FFS? He must be able to fill in at right back or something?
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:45 pm

bigmick wrote:Hey before I proceed, thanks to Baz for the link it was great. Whats all this though aboutn playing a left winger on the left wing ??? Bit conventional isn't it? Can't he play anywhere else FFS? He must be able to fill in aright back or something?

I was just higlighting that the left side fuctioned better than ever today with 2 natural left sided players for once :D

Joking aside the CM was excellent,both Xabi and Masch.and the game as a whole to me shouted loudly PUT GERRARD BACK OUT RIGHT!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:46 pm

metalhead wrote:
bigmick wrote:well I'm here and I wrote rierra off before he kicked a ball for the club. If he proved me wrong today that's fantastic, and I hope he does it every week. Its worth considering though that if he had had an average game today people would be saying "give him time". All I ask is that you don't spoil it by claiming a victory too soon. Believe me if he is about to shove my weasel words down my throat I will be just a s happy as the next man, but there's a way to go yet.

How do you like your pie Mick? :D

I actually prefer it prepared in the most humble method possible since you ask. When its served, i devour huge portions of it greedily :D

Often though I find you take your seat at the table only to discover that in actual fact it's not on the menu. The organisers thought it was but unfortunately circumstances have a habit of changing.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:48 pm

alonso is so much better in centre mid without gerrard

he knows he has to step up his creative game more and he normally does
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:50 pm

yeah boys waht a result. :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext