Liverpool v fulham

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:31 pm

Another must win game for us, Fulham have a terrible record at anfield they have never won a game at anfield. but go into this game on an unbeaten run of 8 games. Lets hope we stop that run tomorrow.
Kewell will be back maybe on the subs bench, Nunez is back would love to see some supply from the right wing to Morientes tomorrow from Nunez, he was starting to play well before he got a 3 match ban.
I dont know whether Rafa will leave Biscan in for Hamann hes back after suspention, I should think so.

Im going for 3-1 to us
:cool:
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:32 pm

1-0
82-1074641017

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:08 pm

Preview by skysports

Liverpool need to close the seven-point gap on neighbours Everton and will be buoyed by their impressive display at Charlton in midweek.
Rafa Benitez's side seem to have overcome a poor patch of form and star striker Fernando Morientes will be pleased that he got off the mark at The Valley.
Dietmar Hamann is back from suspension and should replace Igor Biscan but Benitez is unlikely to tinker too much with his line-up as The Reds eye a place in next season's UEFA Champions League.
Harry Kewell is close to a return and may get a spot on the substitutes' bench, possibly alongside Antonio Nunez, who is no longer suspended after his sending off in the FA Cup defeat to Burnley, and fit-again Vladimir Smicer.
Fulham have a dreadful record at Anfield, they have never won at the famous old ground, but Chris Coleman's side have gone eight matches undefeated and will strive to frustrate the home side.
Coleman has received a ringing endorsement from Chelsea's Jose Mourinho ahead of the trip to Merseyside and is finally able to take a full squad into a Premiership game this season.
Summer recruit Claus Jensen is fit enough to play and Ian Pearce and Alain Goma are also in the party for the trip north.
"It's a nice problem to have," assistant manager Steve Kean told FFCTV. "We've got lots of players coming back.
"There's 19-20 in the squad. Clarky [Lee Clark] is back with a bang, Claus is also back, along with Ian Pearce and Alain Goma."
Liam Rosenior also looks set to retain his place at left back with Carlos Bocanegra being granted a rest.
"Liam has adapted," continued Kean. "It gives Chris a nice option.
"Carlos played continuously for 18 months and is having a breather for a few weeks."
Skysports.com Prediction: 3-1.
Liverpool look to have overcome their sticky patch as they were impressive at Charlton in midweek.
Player to watch: Milan Baros.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:16 pm

Hope we win, as i know the blue sh1t will lose to saints.

i guess rafa will play the below team, but i would prefer if nunez comes in for garcia.

.                               . Dudek
              Finnan Carragher Hyypia Traore
             Luis Garcia Hamann Gerrard Riise
                       Baros Morientes.

Subs: Pellegrino, Carson, Nunez, Smicer, Biscan

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=45706

Prem Preview: Liverpool-Fulham

In-form Fulham travel to Champions League chasers Liverpool on Saturday in search of their first ever victory at Anfield.

BACKGROUND

Liverpool are hot on the heels of Merseyside rivals Everton in the race for Champions League qualification and Rafael Benitez knows that his side can not afford to slip up against Chris Coleman’s Fulham at Anfield this Saturday. With tough games at Chelsea and Newcastle United on the horizon three points is crucial for the Reds. Fulham will be no walkover though and have played well recently, extending their unbeaten Premiership run to five games after the midweek draw with Aston Villa.

The Cottagers have failed in 17 previous attempts to take maximum points from Anfield, but will feel that against a side criticised for it’s inconsistency this term and on the back of an eight-match unbeaten run in all competitions there could be an opportunity for an upset on Merseyside.

Liverpool staged an amazing comeback when the two sides met at Craven Cottage earlier in the season – Fulham led 2-0 at half time thanks to a Luis Boa Morte brace - but the Reds turned it round to win 4-2 with strikes from Baros, Alonso and Biscan adding to a Knight own goal. Last season’s corresponding fixture in April resulted in a 0-0 draw – a scoreline Liverpool have not repeated since.

FORM GUIDE
Liverpool (All competitions, earliest result first): WLLLWW
The Reds were at their best in Tuesday night’s 2-1 win at Charlton Athletic and also saw off Championship side Watford in the Carling Cup Semi-Final thanks to 1-0 wins home and away. Those cup games sandwiched three disappointing defeats for the Merseysiders – a 1-0 home defeat against Manchester United, an embarrassing 1-0 reverse in the FA Cup at Burnley and a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Southampton.

Fulham (All competitions, earliest result first): DWWWDD
Fulham had Juan Pablo Angel to thank for a midweek draw at home to Aston Villa after the striker failed twice from the spot allowing Lee Clark to grab a last gasp equaliser on his return from injury. That 1-1 draw means the Cottagers are now unbeaten in five league outings – a run which includes wins over Birmingham City, West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace.

TEAM NEWS
Liverpool
Harry Kewell is rated as ‘very doubtful’ to make the starting XI for the visit of Fulham, so will have to wait for his 50th Premiership start for the Reds. Cisse, Alonso and Kirkland are all long-term absentees, so Benitez is likely to stick with the same side that played so well against Charlton.

Fulham
Steed Malbranque is should be back in action by the end of the month following an ankle injury, so Chris Coleman is also likely to name an unchanged side, keeping faith with the side that fought back against Aston Villa.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
Liverpool
It has been suggested that Fernando Morientes has the potential to become the best foreign player to ever play in the Premiership and while he needs to produce match winning displays for seasons to come to be up there with the Henry’s and Berkamp’s of the world the way he took his first goal at Charlton on Tuesday suggests the former Real Madrid man could be the predatory striker Liverpool are looking for.

Fulham
Dutch keeper Edwin van der Sar signed a new deal with the Cottagers last week that will see him remain a Fulham player until at least next years World Cup Finals. He celebrated in fine style by denying Aston Villa’s Juan Pablo Angel twice from the spot on Wednesday night and admits he is happy to be staying in West London describing the year extension as “perfect”. He continues to face stiff competition from reserve keeper Mark Crossley, who was in magnificent form earlier in the season and will again have to be at his best to keep out Liverpool on Saturday.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s
Liverpool
Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Luis Garcia, Biscan, Gerrard, Riise, Baros, Morientes.
Subs: Pellegrino, Carson, Warnock, Smicer, Potter

Fulham
Van der Sar, Volz, Knight, Rehman, Rosenior, Clark, Diop, Pembridge, Radzinski, Cole, Boa Morte.
Subs: Legwinski, Crossley, Goma, John, McBride

PREDICTION
Liverpool must win this game if they are to challenge Everton for the fourth and final Champions League position and if they produce another performance like the one that helped see of Charlton on Tuesday then they should have no problem.

Fulham have produced some decent displays since the New Year, but I cannot see them breaking their Anfield duck this time round and the Reds should ease to a comfortable victory.

Prediction: Liverpool 3-0 Fulham

By Mike Olford
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:21 pm

Still no report on Kewell being injured ??? .
If hes not I think he will be on the bench with Vladi.
I think Didi will come in for Biscan.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:23 pm

i think the game is live on canal plus if anyone cares :)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Fulham can't score, i think.. LFC wins 2-0 at least
:;):
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:28 pm

2-0 to us and fortunately not being shown down here in Oz. Which is a good thing because whenever i watch them live this season on the Cable the Pool put in a ****** performance :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:33 pm

ive gone 3-0 morientez first goal, ncie little 30/1 price altho the 4/1 on mori to score first isnt looking too bad

i got da skillz  :p
Last edited by dawson99 on Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:38 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Still no report on Kewell being injured ??? .
If hes not I think he will be on the bench with Vladi.
I think Didi will come in for Biscan.

There nothing down under on the World game SBS site. And if Harry sneezes they usually post something up pronto
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:46 pm

Might be on here for those overseas.

http://www.lfcstreams.com/

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:36 pm

1-0 Liverpool I say Morientes to score
82-1074641017

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:43 pm

same team that beat charlton.

Rafael Benitez has opted to field the same eleven that started the midweek win over Charlton as Liverpool go in search of another three Premiership points against Fulham at Anfield this afternoon. 
That means Igor Biscan retains his place in the centre of midfield despite Didi Hamann being available for selection after serving a one game suspension.

Team in full: Dudek, Finnan, Traore, Hyypia, Carragher, Biscan, Gerrard, Riise, Garcia, Morientes, Baros. Subs - Carson, Smicer, Pellegrino, Warnock, Hamann.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:45 pm

Team news....Biscan keeps place ahead of hamann ???

Dudek

Finnan - Carragher - Hyypia - Traore

Garcia - Biscan - Gerrard - Riise

Baros - Morientes

subs: Carson, Warnock, Hamann, Pellegrino, Smicer
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MOMO » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:48 pm

We will win~~~ :D
I'm a Chinese girl !!!
I'm glad to meet everyone!!!